Test your language knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got 650 too
Wallahi finnish fucked me up, they put it next to polish and russian lmao how am I suppose to know the difference :mjlol:

Afrikaan is easy because it sounds like a botched version of dutch. I got Hausa and ossetic wrong. Hausa sounded like an african language but I didnt know the name of the language, apparently it's spoken in nigeria. Ossetic is straight up russian :russ:

I got 650 too
Wallahi finnish fucked me up, they put it next to polish and russian lmao how am I suppose to know the difference :mjlol:

Afrikaan is easy because it sounds like a botched version of dutch. I got Hausa and ossetic wrong. Hausa sounded like an african language but I didnt know the name of the language, apparently it's spoken in nigeria. Ossetic is straight up russian :russ:
They fucked me up too :snoop: how am I supposed to know the difference between Finnish Danish and Swedish all of them sound the same:mindblown:.
Also I thought ossetic was close to Russian turns out it's an Iranian Language:leon:

They fucked me up too :snoop: how am I supposed to know the difference between Finnish Danish and Swedish all of them sound the same:mindblown:.
Also I thought ossetic was close to Russian turns out it's an Iranian Language:leon:

Danish and Swedish sounds nothing like Slavic- I mean Finnish :drakewtf: I'm offended

Even danish and swedish sounds completely different from each other. At this point I don't even have to listen for words i recognise when I'm listening to swedish. The have this way of speaking where their voice constantly lilt upwards like they're asking a question :drakekidding:

Exhibition A

This chart describes it best, notice the upwards and downwards trajection of their voice

LValues-Base-Curve.jpg

:deadosama:

This s danish

Norweigen is tricky I'll give u that, but it basically sounds like muffled danish/ swedish without the lilt

Danish and Swedish sounds nothing like Slavic- I mean Finnish :drakewtf: I'm offended

Even danish and swedish sounds completely different from each other. At this point I don't even have to listen for words i recognise when I'm listening to swedish. The have this way of speaking where their voice constantly lilt upwards like they're asking a question :drakekidding:

Exhibition A

This chart describes it best, notice the upwards and downwards trajection of their voice

LValues-Base-Curve.jpg

This s danish

Norweigen is tricky I'll give u that, but it basically sounds like muffled danish/ swedish without the lilt
Swedish>Danish:mjlaugh:

Exhibition A

LValues-Base-Curve.jpg

This s danish

:chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh::deadmanny: I never thought that I will laugh at a news report in my life. The women was basically going hello guys today's new report is about a terrorist attack in the uk

:pacspit:

Amhara>Tigray :birdman:

Why are americans so rubbish at languages tho :chrisfreshhah:
Because the world revolves around us, we group UK, England, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Hungary, Switzerland, Sweden into one country, we don't even know the languages y'all speak besides english.

I can't even name u one European president besides Putin, we don't even know what "MP" means, :siilaanyolaugh:

Because the world revolves around us, we group UK, England, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Hungary, Switzerland, Sweden into one country, we don't even know the languages y'all speak besides english.

I can't even name u one European president besides Putin, we don't even know what "MP" means, :siilaanyolaugh:
Waryaa not all Americans are like that:birdman:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TooMacaan

VIP
Has anyone broke the 650 mark??
There are certain languages which have their own distinct feel: [obviously English], Portuguese, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Arabic, Swahili, Danish, Afrikaans, Japanese, and to a lesser extent...Norwegian, Swedish, Hausa, Hindi, Telugu, and Korean.

What killed me in the game is getting Turkish, Romanian, and Finnish mixed up, and I hate Javanese (wtf is that?), :faysalwtf:
also hate when they have Vietnamese, and Thai together...they're not even that relevant :umwhat:
and when they bring like 3 different Chinese dialects at the same time, :mindblown:
or when they have Russian, Ukrainian, Ossetic, and Polish together,:bell:
Not as familiar with Urdu, Bengali, Marathi, or Tamil as well.:kodaksmiley:

Has anyone broke the 650 mark??
There are certain languages which have their own distinct feel: [obviously English], Portuguese, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Arabic, Swahili, Danish, Afrikaans, Japanese, and to a lesser extent...Norwegian, Swedish, Hausa, Hindi, Telugu, and Korean.

What killed me in the game is getting Turkish, Romanian, and Finnish mixed up, and I hate Javanese (wtf is that?), :faysalwtf:
also hate when they have Vietnamese, and Thai together...they're not even that relevant :umwhat:
and when they bring like 3 different Chinese dialects at the same time, :mindblown:
or when they have Russian, Ukrainian, Ossetic, and Polish together,:bell:
Not as familiar with Urdu, Bengali, Marathi, or Tamil as well.:kodaksmiley:
Turkish and Finnish don't sound the same at all. What were you smoking when you took this test

TooMacaan

VIP
Turkish and Finnish don't sound the same at all. What were you smoking when you took this test
Turkish sounds like Russian, Farsi, and some East Asian language mixed together (in that game). Usually there is something distinct about it but maybe it was that particular recording in that game that confused me...

black

live and let die.
It was smooth sailing till 400, I got Chinese Yue and Chinese Wu and then Danish and Norwegian back to back :camby:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts