Tariq nasheed vs twitter xalimos

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s time black people know the truth... Somalis took part in selling slaves. They sold slaves to the Arabs and so forth.

I don’t understand how we came from selling slaves to crying about wanting to be apart of those slaves that were sold by our grandfathers. Our grandfathers are rolling in their graves right about now!!!

I’m disappointed...
We need to show tariq this :wow:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
When the blacks find out about the BLM xalimos dark secret
36BD973963D0C9C9A96DDDC91C940BD3F9428197

VixR

Veritas
Not really. Most users on this site seem to have a dislike for Millennial females who try to claim a heritage that is not theirs. A lot of these Somali girls on twitter with blue check marks behave as if they ARE African Americans, when they are not. There is nothing wrong with supporting the political aspirations of African Americans, but it is disgusting to try and become the voice of an ethnic group you are not a member of. It is this lack of pride & confidence in their Somalinimo that rubs members on this site the wrong way, not their political advocacy for black rights.
Most users on this site are willfully blind to reality.

She did not claim a heritage that is not hers. Race is one thing, ethnicity another. This argument would make sense if she was assuming another ethnicity. If you’re going to approach this with a bare level of honesty, you would have to admit that Somalis differ in terms of if they accept the Black race label or not. I have theories on why this is, but I digress.

You say they behave as if they are Black, but in Western society, to a certain point, they are not being dishonest to relate to the label seeing as many have the requisite skin tone that leads to them being perceived as such, and many cases, treated as such. Add that to a fair majority having lived in poor SES areas and facing the same issues many Blacks in US suffer, and therefore adopting remarkably similar issues, and you get a relateable identity.

And there’s no such thing as Somalimo. But for argument’s sake, where there to be such a thing, no one with a brain between their ears can categorically claim that accepting the Black label negates the fact that they’re Somali culturally.

The point I was making that you responded to is a fair observation. Had she taken his position, she would’ve provoked your ire, same as she has done with the position she takes here.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Most users on this site are willfully blind to reality.

She did not claim a heritage that is not hers. Race is one thing, ethnicity another. This argument would make sense if she was assuming another ethnicity. If you’re going to approach this with a bare level of honesty, you would have to admit that Somalis differ in terms of if they accept the Black race label or not. I have theories on why this is, but I digress.

You say they behave as if they are Black, but in Western society, to a certain point, they are not being dishonest to relate to the label seeing as many have the requisite skin tone that leads to them being perceived as such, and many cases, treated as such. Add that to a fair majority having lived in poor SES areas and facing the same issues many Blacks in US suffer, and therefore adopting remarkably similar issues, and you get a relateable identity.

And there’s no such thing as Somalimo. But for argument’s sake, where there to be such a thing, no one with a brain between their ears can categorically claim that accepting the Black label negates the fact that they’re Somali culturally.

The point I was making that you responded to is a fair observation. Had she taken his position, she would’ve provoked your ire, same as she has done with the position she takes here.

This is bullshit. All I am saying is that you as a Somali should feel solidarity with black Americans, but that solidarity should not lead you to feel as if you have a say in what goes on in the black community. She thought that being an ally gave her some kind of cover to criticize black people, and was proven wrong. She is black on the condition that she has to keep any disagreement to herself. She has to keep in mind that she is black adjacent, not fully black. I am not a misogynist, I simply think that too many Somali women my age have a bad understanding of their place in the US.

VixR

Veritas
This is bullshit. All I am saying is that you as a Somali should feel solidarity with black Americans, but that solidarity should not lead you to feel as if you have a say in what goes on in the black community. She thought that being an ally gave her some kind of cover to criticize black people, and was proven wrong. She is black on the condition that she has to keep any disagreement to herself. She has to keep in mind that she is black adjacent, not fully black. I am not a misogynist, I simply think that too many Somali women my age have a bad understanding of their place in the US.
If we take a barebones approach to your stance, you’re positing that because so-and-so is not a member of X (to your mind), that means so-and-so cannot form an opinion on X. And that criticism is solely in the domain of members of X. That’s a false premise and bad logic, the reasons for that being obvious, or so one can hope.

Recently on this site, I do a funny little exercise on the threads of putting the Somali girl in question (this site has a strobe light on Somali girls so they are often the object of discussion). Anyway, I put her in the opposing position of what she’s being disdained for in these opinion pieces, and 9 times out of 10, I find that I can give her the opposite opinion of what she’s saying, and that it wouldn’t change the audience’s reaction based solely on the reaction profile of past threads of my having been a user for about 2 years or so now. This is one such example.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
If we take a barebones approach to your stance, you’re positing that because so-and-so is not a member of X (to your mind), that means so-and-so cannot form an opinion on X. And that criticism is solely in the domain of members of X. That’s a false premise and bad logic, the reasons for that being obvious, or so one can hope.

Recently on this site, I do a funny little exercise on the threads of putting the Somali girl in question (this site has a strobe light on Somali girls so they are often the object of discussion). Anyway, I put her in the opposing position of what she’s being disdained for in these opinion pieces, and 9 times out of 10, I find that I can give her the opposite opinion of what she’s saying, and that it wouldn’t change the audience’s reaction based solely on the reaction profile of past threads of my having been a user for about 2 years or so now. This is one such example.

:drakelaugh:

Yeah, some users do have an irrational hatred of Somali female SJWs. I can understand why that would rub you the wrong way tbh. But, I do think that they have a point. A lot of Somali social activists are more interested in causes that relate to African Americans than to their own Somali community. For example, Somali women face workplace discrimination due to them wearing religious clothing at work. Some activism on this front would lead to real changes in law and would improve work opportunities for many. The number of Somali activists working on issues of religious freedom is basically nil. All they want to talk about is police violence, which is a big issue, but it is not the biggest discrimination problem facing the community. I am not opposed to presenting as black politically, but you as a Somali should not adopt the priorities of another community when yours has so many problems. Most of these women have the wrong priorities.

VixR

Veritas
:drakelaugh:

Yeah, some users do have an irrational hatred of Somali female SJWs. I can understand why that would rub you the wrong way tbh. But, I do think that they have a point. A lot of Somali social activists are more interested in causes that relate to African Americans than to their own Somali community. For example, Somali women face workplace discrimination due to them wearing religious clothing at work. Some activism on this front would lead to real changes in law and would improve work opportunities for many. The number of Somali activists working on issues of religious freedom is basically nil. All they want to talk about is police violence, which is a big issue, but it is not the biggest discrimination problem facing the community. I am not opposed to presenting as black politically, but you as a Somali should not adopt the priorities of another community when yours has so many problems. Most of these women have the wrong priorities.
That’s a weak argument at best. I guess I keep expecting better from your responses.

The topic at hand is whether or not a Somali who labels themselves and relates to the Black racial category can chime on these issues as per the topic of this thread. And the objective answer to that is yes (Heck, I would argue anyone can!) Whether or not they champion Islamic issues alongside that is a strawman beside the point. You’re treating it as an either/or scenario when that just isn’t the reality.

My rationale for noting the intriguing reaction trends on here is simply to point out the views on this site lack consistency or any foundational principles that they could be running on, and as such cannot be taken seriously, or at the very least, it weakens any ‘position’ you can be said to be having from one given time/thread to the next.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
That’s a weak argument at best. I guess I keep expecting better from your responses.

The topic at hand is whether or not a Somali who labels themselves and relates to the Black racial category can chime on these issues as per the topic of this thread. And the objective answer to that is yes (Heck, I would argue anyone can!) Whether or not they champion Islamic issues alongside that is a strawman beside the point. You’re treating it as an either/or scenario when that just isn’t the reality.

My rationale for noting the intriguing reaction trends on here is simply to point out the views on this site lack consistency or any foundational principles that they could be running on, and as such cannot be taken seriously, or at the very least, it weakens any ‘position’ you can be said to be having from one given time/thread to the next.
I suppose on that front, we can agree that freedom of speech is something to embrace by all, regardless of the cause and your affiliation.

However, she got shut down easily for a simple reason: she approached herself on an issue, under the guise that she was a part of the cause, giving her influence she needed to present her point in that regard.

I'll admit, whether or not she belongs is debatable (I think Somalis don't really have a leg to stand on when it comes to BLM personally),.

When you look at both sides of the issue though (based solely on their argument), they both had NOTHING substantial to add. All they provided were hypothetical intentions to events that already took place. What am I to make of that?

I recall that you said her position was more sensible. In what regard might I ask? Based on facts? That's clearly not true? Based on logic? Both of their "logical" explanations were ridiculous. On the basis of experience and knowledge of events that take place in that location, due to living in that location? Then he'd have the leg up, as he stated, she lives in the UK, and he's lived in the location where the event in question took place.

What say you to that?

VixR

Veritas
I suppose on that front, we can agree that freedom of speech is something to embrace by all, regardless of the cause and your affiliation.

However, she got shut down easily for a simple reason: she approached herself on an issue, under the guise that she was a part of the cause, giving her influence she needed to present her point in that regard.

I'll admit, whether or not she belongs is debatable (I think Somalis don't really have a leg to stand on when it comes to BLM personally),.

When you look at both sides of the issue though (based solely on their argument), they both had NOTHING substantial to add. All they provided were hypothetical intentions to events that already took place. What am I to make of that?

I recall that you said her position was more sensible. In what regard might I ask? Based on facts? That's clearly not true? Based on logic? Both of their "logical" explanations were ridiculous. On the basis of experience and knowledge of events that take place in that location, due to living in that location? Then he'd have the leg up, as he stated, she lives in the UK, and he's lived in the location where the event in question took place.

What say you to that?
I checked her Twitter. She’s a UK transplant. Apparently she was born in the US.

It’s about more than freedom of speech, though I value that as well. It’s because there has to be an objective reality that can be agreed upon, and background can’t factor into it.

He’s using ad hominem to distort the relevancy of what’s she’s saying based on her background, of all things, to pull away from the discussion, as if his background alone makes him privy to the truth. But the truth doesn’t care about your background.

It’s why identity politics and postmodernism are failed concepts. They lack a foundational base that’s agreed upon by all, and focuses too much individual inclination.

The reason I think she was the sensible one was because she stated her reservations about his version of events, demonstrated skepticism, and kept her head without resorting to racial attacks. Meanwhile his only response was to attack her African identity as if that had any bearing on the turn of events.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Are we going to NOT talk about Tariqs homosexuality? Is that off limit topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts