T-M184 Discussion

Because they were isolated from their dir brethren who live in the north. So the hawiye wanted to grab the whole plate(best grazing land) and divide the slices amongst themselves, they also had the unwavering support of the president who provided them military weapons of the gov.
Werent they attacking Dir all over central and South Somalia and telling them to go to Ethiopia lol.

It's interesting to me that these Christian graves were found. My uncle (who is Dir) was telling me a while back that some of us were Christian (pre-islam) and he's been right about a few things he's told me. @Prince Abubu

Also I agree with Waaqism not being the religion of most Somalis. It doesnt make sense that we still say Eebo but we don't say Waaq.

Yes still ongoing however the damage is still done and biimaal still keep fighting, Allah is with the innocent.

Wow,
@Cuneo @Alexis @Timo Madow and proud @EDsomali

What do you guys think of a Harla hypothesis for the Somali Clade?

They would be geographically located where the Muslim the sultanates of Dir and Isaaqs converge in Ethiopia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harla_people

I don’t know.

The Harla seem to be connected to the Hararis, possibly being their progenitors.

Daacad90

Aspiring Buraanbur Artist.
Werent they attacking Dir all over central and South Somalia and telling them to go to Ethiopia lol.

It's interesting to me that these Christian graves were found. My uncle (who is Dir) was telling me a while back that some of us were Christian (pre-islam) and he's been right about a few things he's told me. @Prince Abubu

Also I agree with Waaqism not being the religion of most Somalis. It doesnt make sense that we still say Eebo but we don't say Waaq.
Interesting, so dir were christian before islam? Were we orthodox?

Most likely Orthodox Christianity. The most prevalent

The Axumites were converted by two Aramean brothers from Syria. Despite the Habesh claims, they’re not the oldest congregation in the world.

Interesting, so dir were christian before islam? Were we orthodox?
Dir and Somalis generally are too widespread to make general claims like that. This is anecdotal at the end of the day and I just found it interesting that my uncle told me this and now graves were found so it may be likely that some of us were. Allahu Alam and Alhamdulilah for Islam.

There's literally no evidence of Christianity in Somalia before the colonial age. Where are you guys getting this from?
They got it from Christian burials:
10437_2015_9184_Fig4_HTML.gif

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10437-015-9184-9

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Apparently, the TMRCA for the Somali clade has been pushed back to 1900 ybp. While the TMRCA for T-Y16897 has been pushed forward slightly, to 6900 ybp. Garxajis subclan also seems to have split about 750 ybp, pushing the Garxajis common ancestor to the beginning of the 13th century AD.

https://www.yfull.com/tree/T-Y16897/

@Timo Madow and proud @Cuneo @Alexis
The Garxajis common ancestor corresponds to Sheikh Isaaq's lifetime. Is it possible that we are actually descendents of him and if we are that would disprove the arab origins of our clan?

Now
The Garxajis common ancestor corresponds to Sheikh Isaaq's lifetime. Is it possible that we are actually descendents of him and if we are that would disprove the arab origins of our clan?

I definitely don't think any major Somali clan descends from an ethnic Arab.

I also can't speak on Garxajis' ancestor until more tests are done on other Somali clans and HOA populations with the T-haplogroup. If no further populations are found to be carrying the Somali clade, T-Y44591, then we will have to conclude that it is indeed Arabian in origin, (not arab, though. Maybe south Semitic or even Mesopotamian)

So far the only thing I can say is that T-Y16897 is most likely an Anatolian or Caucasian subclade that dispersed into the Levant, Arabia and across the Mediterranean in the Neolithic.

Apollo

VIP
The date is literally within 100-200 years of Somalis arriving in North Somalia.

T is most certainly from Arabia.

From Arabia, or through Arabia. How do you explain the complete absence of the subclade from most of Arabia, except a small section in the east? I think the subclade is probably an ancient mesopotamian one that found its way into Arabian tribes, then those tribes migrated into the northern Somali coast. What do you think? Or are you a proponent of the South Semitic hypothesis? I know this is all at the speculation level still, at least until further evidence can be obtained.

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
The date is literally within 100-200 years of Somalis arriving in North Somalia.

T is most certainly from Arabia.
Is it an established fact that we (Somalis) only settled Northern Somalia 2k ybp ?

Also, does anybody know some of these mysterious T-Y44591 khaleejis ? How comes none of them uploaded to YFull ??? How childish are they smh... we’re trying to work here.

Also, does anybody know some of these mysterious T-Y44591 khaleejis ? How comes none of them uploaded to YFull ??? How childish are they smh... we’re trying to work here.

Yeah, that's bugging me as well. Supposedly, there are Kuwaitis with the subclade, but the only Arab on YFull carrying it is a Saudi from Makkah.

Apollo

VIP
Is it an established fact that we (Somalis) only settled Northern Somalia 2k ybp ?

Yeah, that's bugging me as well. Supposedly, there are Kuwaitis with the subclade, but the only Arab on YFull carrying it is a Saudi from Makkah.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Trending

Latest posts