Syrian man’s family is against him marrying a Somali woman. Is it racism?

Nowadays unfortunately most somalis love to go on the internet only to be clout chasing sad reality tbh :manny:
Websites do not represent anything. Real life is the reality through which you give opinions to people. Remember that I can be racist against blacks, and in reality I deal with them and have friends, so it really does not represent anything, but such a topic is very shameful, although I do not see it as a major problem, and the two can marry if they meet. The parents of the girl and the man, but we are plagued by people who have a victim mentality

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Somalis run away to foreign countries, and follow a religion that's supposed to make themselves, Arabs, etc. a collective...

I would think based on these points, Somalis would understand that interracial marriage is gonna be a thing and try to remind racist Arabs that "racism is haram" or something.

Not let racist Arabs walk all over them and defend them like here is currently doing. Kinda sad really. 🤔
What is there to fight. It is not our problem. The reason we largely do not care is most of us wouldn't even bother with ajnabis and our families likely would not approve. People who beg to marry into families that do not accept them are codependent and masochistic. With that said, if you are down to swirl at least make sure both families are okay with it. Do not try to raise a child in a hostile environment. Someone who will need to see a therapist on a long-term basis.

What is there to fight. It is not our problem. The reason we largely do not care is most of us wouldn't even bother with ajnabis and our families likely would not approve. People who beg to marry into families that do not accept them are codependent and masochistic. With that said, if you are down to swirl at least make sure both families are okay with it. Do not try to raise a child in a hostile environment. Someone who will need to see a therapist on a long-term basis.
I'd take the "only marry amongst yourselves" rule more seriously if Somalis didn't literally escape from our own country and follow another race's religion. 🤷

13 pages for a trivial topic like this from a girl with a victim mentality lol you guys should be touching grass
Are you shading me? Freak lmao @ me next time. What is this victim mentality agenda yall stay pushing on me? I’m subbed to a lot of Arab subs & I seen that post on my feed... I had no malicious intent whatsoever tf

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I'd take the "only marry amongst yourselves" rule more seriously if Somalis didn't literally escape from our own country and follow a universal religion. 🤷 *Fixed*
Forced migration due to conflict = circumstantial. You have a lot less sway over that then your choice of partner.

"another race's religion"? Seems like a pretty gaal statement to me it implies you don't believe Islam is the true religion and not bound by any race. But, you have got a point in the sense of how Islam spread likely through trade with yemenis as evidenced by our madhab. And yes it's a bit ironic as most people on this forum live in the west
Just can't call your Arab buddies your "islam brethren" or whatever if you let them walk all over you like this and let them continue to see you as an other. Shit looks embarrassing.

I'm not saying being a beg like blacks would normally do is the answer to this situation. But praising and clapping like this thread is doing ain't it either.

Last edited:
Just can't call your Arab buddies your "islam brethren" or whatever if you let them walk all over you like this and let them continue to see you as an other. Shit looks embarrassing.

I'm not saying being a beg like blacks would be the answer to this situation. But praising and clapping like this thread is doing ain't it either.
“Just can't call your Arab buddies your "islam brethren" or whatever if you let them walk all over you like this and let them continue to see you as an other.”
explain

Yeah a bit weird, using "islam brethren" instead of "muslims". No offence but gaal ex muslims tend to be quite white worshiping from what i've seen
Nah, I don't like whites either. In the topic about a white person telling a black to get out of South Africa today, it was you lot that was bootycpapping for whites there still. Explain that.

How about not hating anyone, hate is quite a strong word. What you're born as is a lottery ticket after all
That's my point actually. Ideally we shouldn't be hating anyone and I just find it bizarre that those practicing religion here don't see racism as any kind of sin. Even if they're a victim of it.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Weak excuse.
So, do you want us to fix up Somalia, through a backwards migration and practice a more local Afro-Asiatic faith i.e. Waaq-ism? :chrisfreshhah:Only than can we marry from beesha. Lol.

Walaal let us keep it 💯. Those who stay in the faith are more likely to preserve their ethnicity than the totally irreligious.
:drakekidding:

I don't believe you hate Arabs at all if you follow Islam. 🤷 Sorry.
I take back what I said lol I thought I was making a point I dont hate Arabs but abti my point still stand don’t conflate religion with ethnicity.
I’ve had nothing but nice interactions from them so yeah . I don’t even hate other Africans even though they slander my people on social media
I’ll be honest I thought I had you at checkmate

So, do you want us to fix up Somalia,
And live there? Sure, only then it would make more sense to get racist like that Syrian family. Also if those Syrians are getting racist in a western country (like I assume) then they're a bunch of retards for the same reason. Doubly so if they're Muslim because they should know better.

Ah I see, that makes your argument much clearer. Let me ask you a question, would somali parents allow marrying a jamacian?
If the Jamaican is a devoted Muslim then I don't see why not.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts