Syrian man’s family is against him marrying a Somali woman. Is it racism?

SaMale

The only Somali in Arabia
Im literally a nigga sophisticate.

I've seen what these niggas go through.

Most of these niggas aren't in a position where they can become financially stable by 22 years old. It takes a very long time for most of these guys.

Some of these niggas will be waiting until their early 30s if they decided to avoid women until they're financially stable.

Even Somali men back home aren't waiting that long :mjkkk:
This is why i'm avoiding university at all costs. I'm not wasting time that could be better put into making as much money as possible as quickly as possible. And im definitley not waiting past 24-25, if people didnt go to university and instead invested in the business knowledge of starting and failing business pursuits, alot more men would have alot more money or at least a very useful idea of what it takes to create money without being beholden to the white mans paycheck, im moving to somaliland in a couple of months whereby i will be spending 2yrs seeing what back home has in terms of oppurtunity inshallah. Uni is fraud, uni wont make you real money till your 30 and your life is wasted.

Kisame

Plotting world domination
This is why i'm avoiding university at all costs. I'm not wasting time that could be better put into making as much money as possible as quickly as possible. And im definitley not waiting past 24-25, if people didnt go to university and instead invested in the business knowledge of starting and failing business pursuits, alot more men would have alot more money or at least a very useful idea of what it takes to create money without being beholden to the white mans paycheck, im moving to somaliland in a couple of months whereby i will be spending 2yrs seeing what back home has in terms of oppurtunity inshallah. Uni is fraud, uni wont make you real money till your 30 and your life is wasted.

I wouldn't recommend completely avoiding uni but if you have a guaranteed plan that will help you become financially stable than good luck.

Daydreamer

teetering in-between realities
I wouldn't recommend completely avoiding uni but if you have a guaranteed plan that will help you become financially stable than good luck.
yeah, generally if you get a good major and are good at office politics or are very competent, you could be earning pretty well, businesses on the other hand have a less defined success, you could invest for years just for it to flop, or you could only be in the game for a year and the business could start booming

Kisame

yeah, generally if you get a good major and are good at office politics or are very competent, you could be earning pretty well, businesses on the other hand have a less defined success, you could invest for years just for it to flop, or you could only be in the game for a year and the business could start booming

Only guys I know that became financially stable by 22 were one of the following:
dudes that entered the trades right after high school, engineering majors that had internships, and guys that went to nursing schools.

Majority of the guys I know though became financially stable around 25 or 26. Some of my madow friends joined the Navy and left with guaranteed jobs in the govt sect at 24.

We would have a lot more Somali dudes with middle class incomes if we joined the military or hopped into the trades like these Madows and Hispanics.

Real shyt that you spoke broski :salute:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

Most of these niggas aren't in a position where they can become financially stable by 22 years old. It takes a very long time for most of these guys.

Some of these niggas will be waiting until their early 30s if they decided to avoid women until they're financially stable.

That is a shame. In the west if you want to advance delayed marriage is almost expected. Sparingly, do I see young men fair well when they marry early. If anything it propagates broken homes via higher divorce. I do not say that to diminish them. It is just that I have seen the ones who married early v.s later and saw their trajectories.

HuunoHunter

Old Head 👴🏿

Well they can marry women who are a lot younger than their age mates once they have established themselves.

SaMale

The only Somali in Arabia
Nothing is guranteed, how many people go through uni then end up with a job (lets even say they found one or even they get paid decently here in the west) that they absolutley despise but are stuck with? I hate not having options and uni at least until i have some wealth, is a commitement that ive seen too many people end up hating. People dont understand everything is risky, its risky investing so much of your energy and money to learn something many people can replicate with self learning and mentoring. Uni to me, unless you dream of being a doctor say, should never be thought of as a gurantee to a better life.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Well they can marry women who are a lot younger than their age mates once they have established themselves.
That usually doesn't happen. Most marry those close in age 0-4 years and those of equal status and education. This cuts across ethnicities as well. It's called homogamy. I cannot tell you why this occurs. Just that wide age gaps are not the norm in the west. Moreover, 40% of doctors marry other health professionals. Dual-PhD marriages are common. Lawyers are also more likely to marry those in a similar profession. That is not to say they do not defy this but it's just more common. You kids here are mostly Zoomers so your networks are restricted. These professionals know of and often marry each other. I know several.

Screenshot_20240422_003258_Chrome.jpg

Kisame

Most of these guys won't marry a chick significantly younger than them. The youngest they usually end up with is 4 years younger than them.

Arabs are known to be rude and discriminatory towards each other so it shouldn't be a surprise when certain Arabs show themselves to be virulently racist towards non-Arab Muslims looking to marry someone in their group.

It is what it is.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
There’s a white woman in the replies and she said that she was accepted & embarced by her Syrian in laws. There’s definitely an element of racism
There are Somalis married to Syrians and their both families accepted the marriage. This family sounds like they just want a Syrian or at least an Arab.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
If they swapped position. The syrains wouldn't care or will not post on their forums. Twitter users will complain but the majority thier community wouldn't care

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement
God willing this does not happen to me when I approach family of East Asian girl

Trending

Latest posts