Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting video. Country looks like a hotter and drier version of Somalia, but with roads.

As usual comments section is overrun with racists and afrocentrists.

@Beja what region has all the pyramids?

Northern and River Nile states

GXC4vb.jpg

That's the regions on the border with Egypt, makes sense. And you're from kasala?

Well, the pyramids they went to are in central Sudan so not really close to Egypt. However, the pyramids bordering Egypt are slightly larger.

I was born in Kassala but moved to Port Sudan as a child and now I reside in Khartoum.

The Sudanese are much more advanced and civilised than the Egyptians. I love the Sudanese, Sudan is a beautiful country, I wish to go there some day. Maybe But Sudan as well, swim in the red sea and all.

@Beja is it possible to take a ferry from But Sudan to Jeddah?

Well, the pyramids they went to are in central Sudan so not really close to Egypt. However, the pyramids bordering Egypt are slightly larger.

I was born in Kassala but moved to Port Sudan as a child and now I reside in Khartoum.

OK. I've seen some Sudanese women with face cuts, what's the significance and what ethnicity/tribes practice it? I've seen the same marks on Afars in Djibouti and Ethiopia.

The Sudanese are much more advanced and civilised than the Egyptians. I love the Sudanese, Sudan is a beautiful country, I wish to go there some day. Maybe But Sudan as well, swim in the red sea and all.

@Beja is it possible to take a ferry from But Sudan to Jeddah?
Ancient Sudan was more advanced than Egypt due to the smaller population and it was less reliant on slaves than ancient Egypt.

Yes, you can also take a ferry to Egypt via the nile.

OK. I've seen some Sudanese women with face cuts, what's the significance and what ethnicity/tribes practice it? I've seen the same marks on Afars in Djibouti and Ethiopia.
It was just a form of beauty back in the day. Men sometimes did it as well.

973db5079aa9986afd3d7f46c8cb34c0.jpg

My grandma has them so i'm guessing it was a nationwide thing rather than tribal.

Apollo

VIP

Interesting video. Country looks like a hotter and drier version of Somalia, but with roads.

As usual comments section is overrun with racists and afrocentrists.

Near the Nile it is fertile and looks more like Egypt.

Southern part of Sudan is greenish through rainfall.

Similar to Somalia climate-wise, but also very different.

Climate varies from region to region

Northern States are pretty much deserts (except for nile valley)
1065c2f53aa0672ebcef2a55d9e1aa78.jpg

cf589bdcc68ba4b9e3adecbc36a79206.jpg

North East is arid but not barren desert
6cffd8d165d94d18df84cfc382deee68.jpg

c83f7b161f5474cfae9abaccf916153f.jpg

Southern/South West Sudan is very green
do.php

South Eastern Sudan is mixed green/arid
Kassala,%20Sudan.jpg

The capital is a mix of all regions due to its central position and the Nile
17494003_291949821268315_1062814104349048832_n.jpg

b790e59fc2c63b95fcbc545797458995.jpg

Who are Sudan's main allies and what's it's economy relient on
It used to be Egypt, until all the feuds such as Egypt getting mad at Qatar for promoting tourism in Sudan amid Egypt's declining tourism, Sudan requiring visas for Egypt men aged 18-50 to prevent terrorism, and Sudan banned the import of Egyptian fruits, veggies in fish since they allegedly use "dirty water". Now it's gulf states and China. Ethiopia is close too but we have issues with Ethiopian government concerning land.

Sudan is mainly reliant on gold, cotton, arabic gum, edible oil, textiles, cement, etc.

They made a huge mistake ,though ,in letting those kneegrows secede with all the oil and lush green areas .

#muslamic conservative Cushitic Alt right .
I'm glad the oil is gone sooner rather than later. Better to be a diversified economy, especially since the fall of oil prices.

The nuba mountains are still apart of Sudan.

Nuba-berge.jpg

It used to be Egypt, until all the feuds such as Egypt getting mad at Qatar for promoting tourism in Sudan amid Egypt's declining tourism, Sudan requiring visas for Egypt men aged 18-50 to prevent terrorism, and Sudan banned the import of Egyptian fruits, veggies in fish since they allegedly use "dirty water". Now it's gulf states and China. Ethiopia is close too but we have issues with Ethiopian government concerning land.

Sudan is mainly reliant on gold, cotton, arabic gum, edible oil, textiles, cement, etc.

I'm glad the oil is gone sooner rather than later. Better to be a diversified economy. The nuba mountains are still apart of Sudan.

Nuba-berge.jpg
China has become Africa's best friend :hmm:

Sudan economy is based agriculture, minerals, services, oil pipelines from south sudan. There's high unemployment, poverty and unequal distribution of wealth, huge corruption and civil war in darfur region. If America removes the sanctions it will help them alot.

*9.20 black Pharaohs?

Anyway, such a shame that Sudan is relegated to a typical middle-eastern basket case by the west hence the obscurity of her glorious past and the low number of tourists compared to Egypt and Ethiopia which are just as authorative (if not more) compared to Sudan.

@Beja I understand that many Somalis live, work, and study in Sudan but what are the relations between the Beja people and the Somalis in Sudan?

Status
Not open for further replies.