Stocks and Investment thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Careful with calls, I lost thousands with them

Yep, tell me about it. I am down thousands on WISH calls...holding still given its lost 90% of value. My only hope is a huge move soon....

For me, I am hooked on calls. But to mitigate the risk, most of my calls are in large cap (GOOGL/AMZN) and I buy leaps expiring June 2023 so I can ride out any downside move. I take profits on smaller positions and sell if I am up 100% usually....

But I agree....not recommended to buy calls unless you love risk.

Cerberus

I started my own security company Cerberus.
VIP
Yep, tell me about it. I am down thousands on WISH calls...holding still given its lost 90% of value. My only hope is a huge move soon....

For me, I am hooked on calls. But to mitigate the risk, most of my calls are in large cap (GOOGL/AMZN) and I buy leaps expiring June 2023 so I can ride out any downside move. I take profits on smaller positions and sell if I am up 100% usually....

But I agree....not recommended to buy calls unless you love risk.
Wish clne and CLOV were pump and dumps on wsb guys

Do you guys think the stock market will crash this winter or will this rally continue?

Cathie seems bullish but she was wrong about her play in Chinese stocks LOL. Her reputation and Ark fund is seriously on the line.

Do you guys think the stock market will crash this winter or will this rally continue?

Cathie seems bullish but she was wrong about her play in Chinese stocks LOL. Her reputation and Ark fund is seriously on the line.

I see a pull back possibly from mid-September to October and a normal rally from Nov - Jan.

Issue with ARK is that they have large hedge funds shorting her stocks and her positions. She is a high profile target, and all her positions are shared nightly for free. So its easy to bet against her.

I also don't like that she takes huge stakes in small companies that are not liquid. That makes it easier for her to be attacked - she holds minimal positions in large cap stocks and mainly uses them as cash to off set losses on her small and mid cap holdings.

She was the number 1 ETF in 2020 and that paints a huge target on your back....and shes a woman in a man's world. Touch situation.

Updates:

I added big to LC yesterday, its now my number 2 holding.
Sold some GOOGL as it was due for a small pull back, its up 65% so far this year.
Added some AMZN two days ago for a gap fill back to $3700 ish.
Small position (calls) in DKNG

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Updates:

I added big to LC yesterday, its now my number 2 holding.
Sold some GOOGL as it was due for a small pull back, its up 65% so far this year.
Added some AMZN two days ago for a gap fill back to $3700 ish.
Small position (calls) in DKNG
are you in microsoft as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.