South Sudanese angry and threatening Somalis

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Apprently some Somalis called him j*reer and he got angry and threatening to annihilate thousands of Somalis living in Jubba.. He said he's qabiil was nouwa, don't know if this correct pronounced.. @Nilotic we need your advice, is this nigga langaab or what?

Intee ku dacay waxaan, story seems fishy

They're not exactly half, but their mother has very obvious Arab ancestry (she looks Ethiopian) and they were raised Christian
Are there native dinkas who are Muslims? You guys are pretty hardcore when it comes to Christianity like amharas and Coptic of Egypt. When did the sudo tribes convert to Christianity ?

Are there native dinkas who are Muslims?

Yes, especially on the border with the North; areas like Abyei, Renk and Northern Bahr El Ghazal have plenty of Dinka Muslims

You guys are pretty hardcore when it comes to Christianity like amharas and Coptic of Egypt.

We are nowhere near as devout as the Copts; Christianity isn't as central to our identity as it is to the Copts or the Amhara; and it's presence is literally only decades old...

..My own father was the first Christian in the family

When did the sudo tribes convert to Christianity ?

We really only started converting to Christianity in the 80s -- when the war with the North intensified; the British tried to convert us, but we despised them and largely rejected Christianity during the colonial era.

Evangelical Christians from the United States and Norway gave us assistance and that's when people started converting.

Last edited:
Yes, especially on the border with the North; areas like Abyei, Renk and Northern Bahr El Ghazal have plenty of Dinka Muslims

We are nowhere near as devout as the Copts; Christianity isn't as central to our identity as it is to the Copts or the Amhara; and it's presence is literally only decades old...

..My own father was the first Christian in the family

We really only started converted to Christianity in the 80s -- when the war with the North intensified; the British tried to convert us, but we despised them and largely rejected Christianity during the colonial era.

Evangelical Christians from the United States and Norway gave us assistance and that's when people started converting.
Makes sense you guys associated Islam with the north Sudanese who were massacring your people. Same way Somalis didn’t accept Christianity even though it reached the horn 500 year before islam. We associated it with our arch enemies the habesha.

interesting now I think I will go find my Dinka wife there. I like their culture it’s similar to ours they pay a lot for their women and their parents don’t like their daughters to be touched before marriage.
Am not sure if you guys practice fgm though?

interesting now I think I will go find my Dinka wife there.

I'm trying to picture an Abdi with a 6'2 Dinka woman

:mjlol:

I like their culture it’s similar to ours they pay a lot for their women and their parents don’t like their daughters to be touched before marriage.

The similarities are probably due to both groups being pastoralists; also, we pay dowries that literally reach as high as 80-90k, so it's not easy.

Am not sure if you guys practice fgm though?

No, we don't do that; the only Nilotes that do that (to my knowledge) are the Maasai-Samburu and this is probably due to non-Nilotic cultural influence.

I'm trying to picture an Abdi with a 6'2 Dinka woman

:mjlol:

The similarities are probably due to both groups being pastoralists; also, we pay dowries that literally reach as high as 80-90k, so it's not easy.
6’2 is not bad am worried about the 6’7 ones hahaha
No, we don't do that; the only Nilotes that do that (to my knowledge) are the Maasai-Samburu and this is probably due to non-Nilotic cultural influence.
If y’all don’t do that then that’s a big plus. We call it fircooni ( pharaonic) and it’s believd it came from Egypt. I didn’t know Masai practiced it that’s crazy.

Somalis should stop using racial slurs on public platforms, this shits getting out of hand, and you are only making enemies for Somalis.

Many Somalis don't know the power of social media. It is how people communicate nowadays. That is why it is important we use it maturely. I personally never allow in my presence any Somali attacking other Africans.

Wallahi, my brother-in-law one day called my wife to tell me to watch out. He heard from an African American radio talk show where they were very upset with online Somali trolls calling them n\*ggers. He stated he heard some of the people saying shoot wherever you see these m-fing Somalis".

Apparently, there was a discussion between AA and African migrants to the West. The discussion got heated, and that is when some Somali guys in EU/UK started using racial slurs. And these AAs in the radio show talk host were very upset Somalis constantly deploying the N word, slave, and other deragotary terms.

Bottom line, we need to just refute what our online trolls say online against others. Don't ever let them walk away with deploying racist and other demeaning terms.

Last edited:
Many Somalis don't know the power of social media. It is how people communicate nowadays. That is why it is important we use it maturely. I personally never allow in my presence any Somali attacking other Africans.

I also like to voice different opinion when I see Somalis attacking Arab regimes in the Gulf. Not that I admire those regimes, but I like to add different take on the issue, that way they don't harm an innocent Somali or a black African in their countries.

If my memory serves me right, I remember a South African bragging about harming Somali businessmen because he was triggered what Somalis say online against his country. I also remember seeing a guy from Namibia promising to Somalis online who abused him that Somali migrants in his country would pay for what Somalis say online.

Bottom line, we need to just refute what our online trolls say online against others.
if you only wrote that on my new post since so many are dismissing these anti black trolls like js nothing it's literally cause harm to us.

Based

VIP
Apprently some Somalis called him j*reer and he got angry and threatening to annihilate thousands of Somalis living in Jubba.. He said he's qabiil was nouwa, don't know if this correct pronounced.. @Nilotic we need your advice, is this nigga langaab or what?
‘Thousands of Somalis living in Jubba’ :faysalwtf: Somalis living in South Sudan is a first for me

Why insult good people like the South Sudanese? Some Somali don't know how to conduct themselves wlh, you should respect people no matter where they come from

Warya @Nilotic I hope you're not too upset about this

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I don't even think that word is really an ethnic slur. It's just a description of a hair type. It's mostly the energy Somalis who often use it project onto it.

Trending