Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Man up (please don't pick this)

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratos

Sonder
Actually, the secular Muslim would be better off marrying a secular Muslim. Either of the other options is mismatched in terms of religiousity. Also, what if the practicing Muslim switches up and goes secular? While the secular one becomes more practicing. What then?

With all do respect, our parents generation didn't have this issue. :farmajoyaab:

Yeah but I guess even if you and your partner are atheists/agnostics then one of you could still end up converting to a religion as it can happen to anyone. But I think that in general secular people would be more open to their partners/family members changing their beliefs than religious people; especially Muslims. I remember my grandmother and I had a talk about religion and she said that the death penalty for apostasy is reasonable. Imagine if she found out that one of her family members was a gaal

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Yeah but I guess even if you and your partner are atheists/agnostics then one of you could still end up converting to a religion as it can happen to anyone. But I think that in general secular people would be more open to their partners/family members changing their beliefs than religious people; especially Muslims. I remember my grandmother and I had a talk about religion and she said that the death penalty for apostasy is reasonable. Imagine if she found out her one of her family members was a gaal

:faysalwtf: Also mind clarifying what a Secular Muslim is?

Also the spectrum of religiousity is a wide one. For some meeting baseline religious obligations is good enough. While some want a Hafiz(a) that walks on water.

Kratos

Sonder
:faysalwtf: Also mind clarifying what a Secular Muslim is?

Also the spectrum of religiousity is a wide one. For some meeting religious obligations is too low a requirement. While some want a Hafiz(a) that walks on water.

I have no idea what defines one, someone brought them up in the thread and I just assumed they were the same as a non-practising Muslim. Secular Muslim just sounds like an oxymoron

VixR

Veritas
Don’t get pressured into marriage. Here’s what I’ve been learning: Resist your folks’s marriage talks. Don’t argue with them, probably best not to say anything! I pretty much blurted out my position because of these types of talks, and although it worked itself out, it might not for you.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to mislead legit Muslims into relationships where they’re thinking you’re a Muslim. Focus on your education, and date ppl who know your stance, or you’ll be putting up a facade and it'll bring problems later. Maybe you can get away with your folks not knowing your beliefs, but not a romantic partner.

Kratos

Sonder
Don’t get pressured into marriage. Here’s what I’ve been learning: Resist your folks’s marriage talks. Don’t argue with them, probably best not to say anything! I pretty much blurted out my position because of these types of talks, and although it worked itself out, it might not for you.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to mislead legit Muslims into relationships where they’re thinking you’re a Muslim. Focus on your education, and date ppl who know your stance, or you’ll be putting up a facade and it'll bring problems later. Maybe you can get away with your folks not knowing your beliefs, but not a romantic partner.

It's almost impossible to resist their marriage talks, they are very obsessed with it. Getting married is considered fardh as it is said to complete half your deen. Looks like I'll be going for that PhD.

Whatever your believes are, be it atheist, agnostic, Muslim or christian. One thing is for certain. You are going to die and you will be all alone your qabri. No turning back.
You must be very convinced to not believe anymore, what are your reasons?

VixR

Veritas
It's almost impossible to resist their marriage talks, they are very obsessed with it. Getting married is considered fardh as it is said to complete half your deen. Looks like I'll be going for that PhD.
It might seem that way. My folks believed the same as yours. But unless there are literally people in your living room (as I experienced lol), you should be able to handle it. I honestly think it’s a bad idea for us to get married at this age. I couldn’t imagine if I were to go along with it.

Tbh brother, you are in a weird situastion. You should first finish your phd and maybe mary outside your race, because it would lead to less complications and hassle. And it would be the best exuse for your parents if your children never becomes muslim. I also believe you should never tell your parents that you've left the religion if you have their well being in mind. I would have kept that secret to the grave. You also have to calculate the risk and longterm effect on their mental health. Imo, it is selfish to drop that bomb. A christian going out of the religion and a muslim is not the same, so don't comapre yourself to others that have left their religions. You have to do whatever it takes to protect the ones you love and not cause any harm, because that's what a man does.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
This is when you need to be creative and come up with a solution to this issue, isn't there gaalo dating sites out there where you can meet singles like you?.

If not start Somaligaalo.com and I am pretty sure that would benefit alot undercover gaalo like you.:ufdup:

Kratos

Sonder
Whatever your believes are, be it atheist, agnostic, Muslim or christian. One thing is for certain. You are going to die and you will be all alone your qabri. No turning back.
You must be very convinced to not believe anymore, what are your reasons?

It will be a long post if I try to explain it but I did mention it in another thread. I'll just quote it from there:

Numerous reasons but the main things I have an issue with are the following:

1) The presence of a "caring" god - The Islamic god is one who not only created the world but sent it messengers for the purpose of guidance. This god supposedly "cares" about his creation and interacts with them by answering prayers. However god only really seems to answer prayers in very ambiguous situations. God only seems to be responsible for curing the ill when we don't know what the nature of the illness is. For example someone beats cancer somehow and people might credit it to the efforts of prayer. How come it's never amputees? Imagine someone lost their arm, we prayed for them and it grew back. That would be very convincing. We need to conduct a standardised trial of the effectiveness of prayer for more clarity. Have 100 people pray for something and another 100 who don't, then we'll compare the results. Until then I'll remain skeptical.

2) The nature of the message and the messengers - For some reason all the identified prophets are from the Middle East and god only speaks Arabic and Hebrew.

3) Scientific accuracy of the Quran - A lot of the events detailed in the Quran defy modern scientific evidence. The creationist idea of the origin of humans is incompatible with modern evolutionary theory for example.

4) Problematic moral values - What is the biggest sin in Islam? Murder? Rape? No, it's shirk. Not only is associating partners with god worse than killing a human being but if someone leaves Islam they can be punished by death. Islam suppresses any criticism of it by way of eliminating opposing views mercilessly.

When it comes to point number 1, most people reply with some verses in the Quran which references populations in the past who said similar things out of "supposed" arrogance. Kind of like the story about Nabi Saleh. There are lots of stories in the Quran about a group of people who asked for evidence of the prophethood of god's supposed messengers. The moral lessons learnt in these stories is "we could provide evidence but these people are too arrogant to accept it". It is intellectualy lazy to accept this argument.

In the end it all comes down to faith as that is what religious belief is based on, not evidence. I have no faith and I've come across very little evidence.

It's from here: https://www.somalispot.com/threads/look-at-this-somali-cuck.52724/page-5#post-1445609

Kratos

Sonder
It might seem that way. My folks believed the same as yours. But unless there are literally people in your living room (as I experienced lol), you should be able to handle it. I honestly think it’s a bad idea for us to get married at this age. I couldn’t imagine if I were to go along with it.

Yeah I'm definitely not opposed to marriage, it's just that I obviously can't marry a Muslim and my family wouldn't accept a non-Somali. They will most likely find out my views but I'll try to postpone it as much as I can, until I'm more independent.

Tbh brother, you are in a weird situastion. You should first finish your phd and maybe mary outside your race, because it would lead to less complications and hassle. And it would be the best exuse for your parents if your children never becomes muslim. I also believe you should never tell your parents that you've left the religion if you have their well being in mind. I would have kept that secret to the grave. You also have to calculate the risk and longterm effect on their mental health. Imo, it is selfish to drop that bomb. A christian going out of the religion and a muslim is not the same, so don't comapre yourself to others that have left their religions. You have to do whatever it takes to protect the ones you love and not cause any harm, because that's what a man does.

Yeah I agree. My mum will probably have a heart attack if she discovers my views. I can understand it though, the religion is very important to her. She will probably think I'm going to hell which will cause her distress.

Kratos

Sonder
This is when you need to be creative and come up with a solution to this issue, isn't there gaalo dating sites out there where you can meet singles like you?.

If not start Somaligaalo.com and I am pretty sure that would benefit alot undercover gaalo like you.:ufdup:

Inshallah my dream is to find a non-Muslim Somali girl who is in the same position as me and is willing to pretend to be Muslim in front of our families. Make dua for me that I find her jazakallah kheyr. If your dua gets accepted I might take it as evidence of the existence of god and come back to Islam who knows.. :siilaanyosmile:

Yeah I'm definitely not opposed to marriage, it's just that I obviously can't marry a Muslim and my family wouldn't accept a non-Somali. They will most likely find out my views but I'll try to postpone it as much as I can, until I'm more independent.

Yeah I agree. My mum will probably have a heart attack if she discovers my views. I can understand it though, the religion is very important to her. She will probably think I'm going to hell which will cause her distress.
walal i'm new here and have question for you.
have you taken athiesm to it's logical conclusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts