Somalispot I need help ASAP

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Abdi-indhoyare, Nov 6, 2018.

?
  1. Find a non-muslim Somali girl

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. Do a PhD

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Man up (please don't pick this)

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Abdi-indhoyare

Abdi-indhoyare

Ratings:
    +683
    Ever since I started uni hooyo has been talking about marriage a lot. She says I need to flirt with some Somali girls on campus before they get snatched up. I told her I'm not interested in marriage right now and that I'll get married after I've graduated, worked for a few years and I'm financially secure. She said "astaghfirullah" and she quoted her 2nd favourite hadith; the one where it says you should not delay marriage or something like that. Little does she know that I'm a gaal :siilaanyolaugh:. This is getting tough for me because I can't tell hooyo I'm a gaal (I'll get disowned), I can't marry a non-Somali girl (I'll get disowned) and I can't marry a muslim girl (for obvious personal reasons). I currently have three options:

1) Find a Somali girl who is non-Muslim but is willing to pretend to be muslim in front of my family but we will live our lives as gaalo and raise our kids in a gaal house hold (my ideal situation)
    2) After I graduate, do a PhD and hope that my siblings get married before me and that my family forgets or gives up on me
    3) Man up and tell her the truth (I really want to avoid this situation)

I'm leaning towards doing the PhD to be honest, at least I'll be getting an advanced qualification and maybe even produce something beneficial to mankind. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Daughter of samaale

Daughter of samaale

Ratings:
    +3,337
    You missed out an option

4) Stop being ignorant and become Muslim.

• Love Love x 6
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Abdi-indhoyare

Abdi-indhoyare

Ratings:
    +683
    Unlikely that will happen but you never know. All it takes is a good argument but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be many.

4. henni

henni Imagine liking somali boys

Ratings:
    +519
    Education first:fittytousand:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Theonlymvp

Theonlymvp

Ratings:
    +0
    Instead of being full gaal, you could say you are liberal/ non practicing/secular muslim. If you do that you will have a better chance of finding a somali girl who is not religious.

6. Abdi-indhoyare

Abdi-indhoyare

Ratings:
    +683
    What's the difference between being a non-practising muslim and a gaal? Btw I don't call myself gaal in real life, I'm just using the Sspot lingo

7. 4head

4head

Ratings:
    +589
    Education first and then man up and tell her you're not muslim.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Abdi-indhoyare

Abdi-indhoyare

Ratings:
    +683
    That sounds like a solid plan tbh. I don't think I'm ready to get disowned right now but by the time I'm 26-28 and I have a PhD I think I'll be more open to it.

9. 4head

4head

Ratings:
    +589
    I'm looking for a solid somali girl but i'm not muslim too and I'm waiting to finish my college years and then I'll tell them my secret :trumpsmirk:it's rare to meet a somali girl who is a gaal

10. Abdi-indhoyare

Abdi-indhoyare

Ratings:
    +683
    There probably are quite a few. They are just a) in the closet or b) they don't fuck with Somali guys. Most ex-muslims from a muslim majority ethnicity/nationality don't date/marry into their own community for obvious reasons.

11. sophisticate

sophisticate VIP

Ratings:
    +7,938
    Belief is the key differentiator. Imagine if a 'liberal/secular' Muslim marries an undercover atheist. And over time one becomes religious and the other stays the same. It could invariably lead to discord.

12. Abdisomali

Abdisomali

Ratings:
    +289
    If u really wanna get a PhD tell ur mom to stfu and tell her this is ur life. That’s my advice to u

13. 4head

4head

Ratings:
    +589
    I'll look for an ajaannib girl then

14. Yungmulababy23

Yungmulababy23

Ratings:
    +461
    Get some pussy, or you'll be an incel bum

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Abdi-indhoyare

Abdi-indhoyare

Ratings:
    +683
    Yeah true but would a practising Muslim want to marry a non-practising/secular one? Doubt it. Might as well find yourself a non/ex-Muslim. Though I can see the appeal for an atheist/agnostic to marry a secular Muslim.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  16. Abdi-indhoyare

Abdi-indhoyare

Ratings:
    +683
    I am actually interested in getting a PhD (besides for avoiding marriage). There are a lot of interesting research opportunities in my field of study so maybe.

17. Abdi-indhoyare

Abdi-indhoyare

Ratings:
    +683
    I'll be fine, I'm not at risk of being an incel

18. sophisticate

sophisticate VIP

Ratings:
    +7,938
    Actually, the secular Muslim would be better off marrying a secular Muslim. Either of the other options is mismatched in terms of religiousity. Also, what if the practicing Muslim switches up and goes secular? While the secular one becomes more practicing. What then?

With all do respect, our parents generation didn't have this issue. :farmajoyaab:

19. Geeljire sanbuur

Geeljire sanbuur

Ratings:
    +11,293
    I thought you were leaving?:gaasdrink:

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Daughter of samaale

Daughter of samaale

Ratings:
    +3,337
    I think you’re hallucinating.

Verification: