Genetics Somalis' Specific Mtdna clades

Alexis

Haplogroup T activist.
I came out as haplogroup N (Mtdna) very rare apparently, and very Israeli!

:snoop: :mjlol:
It’s not rare at all. It’s common among horners, and significant throughout the Middle East
What can you guys tell me about this?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well it’s very very common for East Africans to share Mtdna with Yemenis apparently. I’ve read somewhere that there was a migration from the Arabian peninsula to the Horn around the Ice Age. Could explain why there’s so much Yemenis and other Arabs branching close to all our non African lineages. But the same is true for our African lineages, meaning we have also had a significant impact on them.

It’s not rare at all. It’s common among horners, and significant throughout the Middle East

Well it’s very very common for East Africans to share Mtdna with Yemenis apparently. I’ve read somewhere that there was a migration from the Arabian peninsula to the Horn around the Ice Age. Could explain why there’s so much Yemenis and other Arabs branching close to all our non African lineages. But the same is true for our African lineages, meaning we have also had a significant impact on them.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Apollo

Staff Member

Browse through this to spot Horn-specific lineages. Even among those Ns and Rs if you go deep enough, it starts becoming Horn or East African specific.