Somaliland is becoming increasingly religious and women's representation in political is regressing

Is it a good thing that SL is becoming more religious?

• Yes, other parts of the country are too

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • No, it increases human rights violations

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Steamdevolopment I am saying it's good our women are becoming more religious. But I actually want more females to have political seats like ministers and PM but It's haram to make a female the president.

And why is it haram? :ileycry:

You believe men are God's chosen people to lead, huh? :dabcasar:

It is indicated by the hadeeth of Abu Bakrah who said that when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) heard that the Persians had appointed the daughter of Chosroes as their queen, he said, “No people who appoint a woman as their leader will ever prosper.”

(Reported by al-Bukhaari, 13/53).

This is because positions of leadership and government require a person to join men’s gatherings, which is not allowed for women according to sharia law

It is indicated by the hadeeth of Abu Bakrah who said that when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) heard that the Persians had appointed the daughter of Chosroes as their queen, he said, “No people who appoint a woman as their leader will ever prosper.”

(Reported by al-Bukhaari, 13/53).

This is because positions of leadership and government require a person to join men’s gatherings, which is not allowed for women according to sharia law

Make those meeting public and have the be joined by more women. You are really just making exuses for misogyny that is older than islam.

Also it wouldn't make logical sense if women are allowed as MP's or Ministers as they will have join male gatherings there too.

Make those meeting public and have the be joined by more women. You are really just making exuses for misogyny that is older than islam.

Also it wouldn't make logical sense if women are allowed as MP's or Ministers as they will have join male gatherings there too.

I don't want a female representing us. The males are protective and are the leaders of family.

“Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allaah has made one of them to excel the other…”

[al-Nisa’ 4:34]

Females are allowed to be PM anyway so why would they want to be presodent ? Also let's not forget one of the requirements of being president of Somalia is you have to be a male. That's the reason why faduumo dayib was disqualified

I don't want a female representing us. The males are protective and are the leaders of family.

“Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allaah has made one of them to excel the other…”

[al-Nisa’ 4:34]

Females are allowed to be PM anyway so why would they want to be presodent ? Also let's not forget one of the requirements of being president of Somalia is you have to be a male. That's the reason why faduumo dayib was disqualified

That is not proveable and studies show that women are less corrupt and better leaders than men. Men are protective of their pride, which leads to wars, women are protective of their families which leads to good policy.

Furthermore, the Somali constitution article 88 does not hold any requirement for the person to be male, so that is a bold-faced lie.

That is not proveable and studies show that women are less corrupt and better leaders than men. Men are protective of their pride, which leads to wars, women are protective of their families which leads to good policy.

Furthermore, the Somali constitution article 88 does not hold any requirement for the person to be male, so that is a bold-faced lie.
What study are you talking about most female leaders are corrupt AF look at Brazil and south Korea when there's a woman there's corruption

I am sorry to say but why did Fadumo dayib and the other lady got rejected ?

Also most Somalis don't want female leaders. Females don't even have good connections wIth qabil and could be easily manipulated by males.

What study are you talking about most female leaders are corrupt AF look at Brazil and south Korea when there's a woman there's corruption

http://www.transparency.org/news/pressrelease/gender_and_corruption_are_women_less_corrupt
Women are less likely to pay bribes but are more disadvantaged in corrupt systems

http://www.theigc.org/blog/do-women-in-power-have-an-impact-on-corruption/
Extrapolating from the above mentioned studies, one could hypothesise that women are less corrupt and less likely to be involved in bribery.

Don't take individual cases, as the plural of anecdotes is not data :damedamn:

I am sorry to say but why did Fadumo dayib and the other lady got rejected ?

Also most Somalis don't want female leaders. Females don't even have good connections wIth qabil and could be easily manipulated by males.

Because Somali socity is scare in ressources at the moment and that forces women out as their seen as less likely to be loyal to the clan and accept the nessary bribes or corruption :birdman:

:ayaanswag:
They are not clear cut cases.
Because they would've been found guilty and thrown in prison by now.

Just look at the entire continent of Africa.
All of the corrupt dictators are and were men
:susp:

The one woman leader of Liberia is doing very well.
She's building schools, hospitals, and administrating aid unlike her previous predecessors.
:salute:

We women are naturally nurturers so it's very hard for us to be so cold and xaasid like y'all.
We care about our people and watch out for them.
:dabcasar:

Disclaimer: Again this does not apply to all men just the selfish, cold ones so don't take offense if it was not intended towards you.
:browtf:

This is such a sad state. During the kacaan, women were free to wear what they want in cities. We should be progressing, not going back to the dark ages.

They are not clear cut cases.
Because they would've been found guilty and thrown in prison by now.

Just look at the entire continent of Africa.
All of the corrupt dictators are and were men
:susp:

The one woman leader of Liberia is doing very well.
She's building schools, hospitals, and administrating aid unlike her previous predecessors.
:salute:

We women are naturally nurturers so it's very hard for us to be so cold and xaasid like y'all.
We care about our people and watch out for them.
:dabcasar:

Disclaimer: Again this does not apply to all men just the selfish, cold ones so don't take offense if it was not intended towards you.
:browtf:
I don't know but the president of Brazil resigned and the president of South Koreas president took advice from her best friend in policies and even her best friend edited her speechs, say what you want about men but I don't think a man would ever do that

I don't know but the president of Brazil resigned and the president of South Koreas president took advice from her best friend in policies and even her best friend edited her speechs, say what you want about men but I don't think a man would ever do that
Omg taking advice from your best friend and resigning from your position are the two worst crimes in humanity.
:ohhh:

These monsters must be brought to justice.
:mjpls:

Gtfo the overreach is unreal.
What about all the dictators that ran away with aid money and let their people starve???

Dictators that killed entire groups of people and commited genocide???

Dictators that sold out their own people to foreigners to get a couple of pennies thrown their way???

:camby:
:trash:

Omg taking advice from your best friend and resigning from your position are the two worst crimes in humanity.
:ohhh:

These monsters must be brought to justice.

Gtfo the overreach is unreal.
What about all the dictators that ran away with aid money and let their people starve???

Dictators that killed entire groups of people and commited genocide???

Dictators that sold out their own people to foreigners to get a couple of pennies thrown their way???

:camby:
:trash:
She got advice from her best friend that was a normal citizen and that is the tip of iceberg just imagine there conversation
The president: hey so you know North Korea has like nuclear missiles right know
The friend: OMG you've got to be joking
The president: no it's 100% legit so like what do I do
The friend: I don't know just say they're bad and nobody likes them I guess
Later
BREAKING NEWS
The president of South Korea has said in a statement that North Korea is bad and nobody likes them

She got advice from her best friend that was a normal citizen and that is the tip of iceberg just imagine there conversation
The president: hey so you know North Korea has like nuclear missiles right know
The friend: OMG you've got to be joking
The president: no it's 100% legit so like what do I do
The friend: I don't know just say they're bad and nobody likes them I guess
Later
BREAKING NEWS
The president of South Korea has said in a statement that North Korea is bad and nobody likes them
:ohdamn:
How dare a woman leader take advice from her closest friend and say North Korea is bad and nobody likes them.

When will this monster be tried in the international courts for justice?

Look at the atrocities she's commited.
:dead::dead:

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
It is not the religious part we are objecting, it is the keeping women out of the political position that directly affect public policy and increase corruption.

But you did hint at the religious part, don't deny it? It's on the title Ffs

And about women being left out, step by step we're getting there, it'll come within our own terms not Michael Keating's :lolbron:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts