Somaliland delegation to the United States of America THREAD

Reborn
The President of Somaliland and a delegation led by him will travel to the US on Saturday. The delegation consists of cabinet members, business & members of CSO. They will travel on a Somaliland passport with a visa issued by the US Embassy in Djibouti.

1647019379031.png

The president’s delegation also includes Dahabshiil Group Chief Mohamed Said Duale, Somcable and MSG CEO Mohamed Said Gedi, Telesom Group CEO Abdikarim Mohamed Eid, and Abdinasir Adan Nur who is among Telesom’s Board of Directors.

Jama Muse Jama, director of Hargeisa Cultural Center, is the only civil society member accompanying president Bihi’s visit to Washington DC.
Source:
Somaliland's delegation includes some of the largest Somali owned businesses, very interesting.

Business-Conglomerates-Visual@2x.png

It's a big step but the Americans are only now interacting with us now because they are frustrated with Italian Somalia.They spent billions and still the place has no government, the EU who pays the salary of Amisom are also disillusioned with Somalia.

The Europeans have been dealing with us openly for awhile while the Americans besides the CIA in Hargeisa never interacted with us.The mood in the American govt from both parties has recently warmed up to SL but this trip will do nothing.It's just a propaganda trip for Bixii

I do hope behind scenes he meets with SL-friendly congressmen, Pentagon and State Department officials

It's a big step but the Americans are only now interacting with us now because they are frustrated with Italian Somalia.They spent billions and still the place has no government, the EU who pays the salary of Amisom are also disillusioned with Somalia.

The Europeans have been dealing with us openly for awhile while the Americans besides the CIA in Hargeisa never interacted with us.The mood in the American govt from both parties has recently warmed up to SL but this trip will do nothing.It's just a propaganda trip for Bixii

I do hope behind scenes he meets with SL-friendly congressmen, Pentagon and State Department officials
Pretty much agree with everything you've said. The only part where I disagree slightly is the impact of the trip. I don't expect any immediate tangible results from the trip. However, the optics and what this means in diplomatic terms means, I think will deliver positive results in the future.

Firstly, the fact that the US is inviting and meeting on American soil with Somaliland is a big step forward. As much lip service as they will give to respecting the "sovereignty" of Somalia, they are readily admitting that this visit flies in the face of that. Secondly, with these meetings Somaliland can showcase its progress, present its plans for its future, and more directly address its grievances/challenges. That all has tremendous value in building the SL-US relationship and further cementing ourselves as a truly separate entity from Somalia. Regardless of recognition, that is an important factor in hopefully obtaining development funds/investments directly from the US in the short-term, and paving a path towards towards a more direct diplomatic relationship in the long-term.

Last edited:

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
A big step for SL imo, being invited to Washington is going to infuriate Villa Somalia.

Are you a follower of the doctrine of al ma’mun? That’s wild broooo

ZodiaK

VIP
  • Before recognition, the U.S. should create a plan for locking in a beneficial relationship with Somaliland. This should include a commission of public- and private-sector representatives with relevant expertise who will create specific, actionable recommendations for incentivizing U.S. companies to invest in Somaliland; helping Hargeisa improve its business environment; mobilizing the backing of the Somaliland diaspora in the U.S.; and diplomatically supporting the new country. The recommendations should include whether and what types of U.S. aid would be effective in Somaliland, the appropriate amount of that aid, and how it should be delivered.

Rumour has it they want to offer the Americans a military base in the hopes of one day getting recognition in return. American military bases are known to cause inflation which will force out locals who are already poor, environmental issues (pollution in the air, water and soil). Furthermore, these soldiers will want to fraternise with locals and I am wording this politely to say the least.

Imagine endangering your economy, environment and social fabric and not even be guaranteed recognition.

:mjlol:

Dharbash

🧊
MARQUESS OF SSC
The President of Somaliland and a delegation led by him will travel to the US on Saturday. The delegation consists of cabinet members, business & members of CSO. They will travel on a Somaliland passport with a visa issued by the US Embassy in Djibouti.

View attachment 217031
Forget it, Washingtons Advisory have already said Duuso Bixi won’t be meeting with Biden, they even compared it to Silyaano’s failed visit back in 2013.
:lolbron:

Trending