Somaliland and Somalia should be one from a lander

Jeesto

VIP
Somaliland is a ramshackle pseudostate. It is s colonial construction.

I cannot grasp how one of the most ethnically homogenous peoples of the world would choose to divide themselves along tribal lines. It is one thing if ones enemies tries to do that, it understandable.

Greed and petty pride, I cant see other reasons.

All Somali lands must be united under one flag and one rule.
Nigga shut ur mouth before i call the Serbians:childplease:

Apollo

VIP
I personally don't care whether Somaliland becomes a true independent country or not. Hope they stay, but don't care if they leave and get recognized.

Apollo

VIP
One currency, free movement, national army, and a central bank + unified foreign policy. The rest is left to the regional states.
:hillarybiz:

In Europe: the army, currency/financial target, and to a large extent even foreign policy are all outside the control of the smaller states. NATO (America :lol:) and the EU (Germany :lol:) decide it for them.

Smaller countries only really control internal politics.

Apollo

VIP
@Helios,

What if in your federal system after a couple of decades of adoption there are a few gobols who consistently pay more than they receive from the federal system, i.e. like Catalonia in Spain.

Might cause secession out of greed.

Federal systems are kind of unstable long-term.

Apollo

VIP

Pick a side.

1dxmvw.jpg

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
@Helios,

What if in your federal system after a couple of decades of adoption there are a few gobols who consistently pay more than they receive from the federal system, i.e. like Catalonia in Spain.

That's a big weakness

I personally don't care whether Somaliland becomes a true independent country or not. Hope they stay, but don't care if they leave and get recognized.
Somaliland should get recognition. It would boost investment considerably because of its security and raise the standard of living to a much greater degree and could unify with Somalia in the future when both sides have minimized their problems.

Somalia couldn't even handle the extra burden of taking in SL, as it can't even manage its current domestic affairs, and SL wouldn't benefit from it since there would be no budget surplus for investment allocated to them.

It would be like giving control away to another person you know can't improve your situation. Lol
@Helios,

I'm highly pessimistic about the federal approach. It would end up in a bureaucratic clusterfuck, complicate the enactment of political change and be too inefficient, a 3rd world country needs fast acclimation and quickly respond to market conditions. It's more for established nations.

Federalism to me seems like an extremely low hanging fruit; it's like saying, we don't want to change shit so let's work something out, even if it won't improve much.:mjkkk:

@Helios,

Somalia doesn't need confederalism or any sort of a complicated political system, it's far too poor to even implement them seriously.

In the political landscape of Somalia, federalism only venerates clan identity and strengths nepotism. Each state having their own armies and agendas would embolden them to undermine the Government for their own interest.

The federal states also cannot develop fast enough, 3/5 are flat out broke, and the extremely modest budgets for the rest of the states are supported by resources inherited from the prior Somali state, such as ports that were built in the '80s under a centralized state. How can we build 20 hospitals in 20 towns along with thousands of KM's of roads with a budget of 50 million? It is simply unfeasible

The most efficient thing to do is to invest all of the money into 2-3 cities and implement actual government institutions there, and tell people if they want access to these services, they will simply have to move to the cities.

@sigmund NEVER there is no strength in unity when it comes to somalis. If it was possible it would have happened already. Somali lands are big enough for more than one country. Its naive and silly sentiment like somaliweyne thinking all somalis should be under one flag when that obviously doesn’t work that caused all the problems in the first place. Enjoy the rates you got from people who constantly talk about killing your people. In mogadishu SFG constantly talk about attacking your people and the ones leading SFG are the same people. They attack our livelihoods,identity and our progress they are the enemy not ethiopia or eritrea. If you are STUPID enough to think somali unity exist then please go live in somalia and claim them. Somaliland will NEVER join somalia again and it will progress on its own without the need for this bullcrap you are talking about. Nacashayo

Exactly, not to mention that somalis dont know each other, they live in different tullos, we have different cultures and a different langauage to some extent.

shum33

Somaliland supremacy
Exactly, not to mention that somalis dont know each other, they live in different tullos, we have different cultures and a different langauage to some extent.
Forcing a union is dumb when somaliweyn is a huge territory with somalis with different way of life. Southerners and SL for example we have just as much differences as similarities. It will never be possible to keep everyone happy not in a 100 years we will just end up fighting again.
Somaliland will prevail no matter what some naive bimbo from the general sex or these kids says.

As a lander, I have no problems with the South but it's clear that Somalis work better seperate.

Hopefully in the future, when we are all successful, maybe we might recombine, but now, it's not the best.:manny:

As a lander, I have no problems with the South but it's clear that Somalis work better seperate.

Hopefully in the future, when we are all successful, maybe we might recombine, but now, it's not the best.:manny:

The differences is alot...... language and culture. Djbouti and somaliland culture wise is also different. But, it is home to a large somaliland diaspora community especially the ones that originate from maroodi jeex and other western provinces in sL .

Trending

Latest posts