Somalia’s offshore oil reserves are an estimated 110 billion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero

Somaliland patriot
This is mediocre at best and delusional at worst.Befor I continue you claimed befor "Ethiopia will be a manufacturing giant" and now claim "it doesn't matter".Contradictive if I must say so.

My point seems to have flown over your head I said the combination of anti Somalia sentiment, corruption and UAE influence had caused the Berbera situation.Read my posts carefully instead of brushing over them.

As somaliland is an Islamic nation I would be suprised if "Ethiopian" tourists would come to SL beaches.Furthermore Vast numbers of ethiopians suffer from poverty and hence wouldn't be spending money happlessly.Ethiopia as a whole is in a precarious situation which it must solve , it probably won't but time will tell.Linking your future with them is careless and once again expose political immaturity.

Finally I do not know the statistics for Corruption within somaliland but I wouldn't be suprised If it ranked similiar to Somalia.That said it would still be around the average of Africa which would still allow a similiar situation in which my analysis entails.

Please come back with actual counter arguments.
What debating Cangeero feels like.
giphy.gif

Do you even spend time reading what I write? What I wrote was "Ethiopia is seen as the next manufacturing giant"This is not me saying this,but experts.Then you responded with "Ethiopia is not a manufacturing giant and it would be careless to assume such a nation fraught with grievances could be the one in the near future'' Which makes no sense because I said ITS SEEN AS.And my final response was "Ethiopia is a developing nation with a population that is 25 times bigger than SL.No matter if Ethiopia becomes a manufacturing giant or not,SL will benefit from having close ties with Ethiopia."
How can you read that sentence and somehow end up writing "This is mediocre at best and delusional at worst.Befor I continue you claimed befor "Ethiopia will be a manufacturing giant" and now claim "it doesn't matter".Contradictive if I must say so."???:mindblown:

Everytime I answer you,its you who refuses to accept what is being said.

Linking our future with Ethiopia which has 25 times larger population than us is beneficial no matter what,because our businessmen will have acces to one of the biggest markets in Africa close by which our country could never reproduce because we don't have the population.

"Finally I do not know the statistics for Corruption within somaliland but I wouldn't be suprised If it ranked similiar to Somalia"
Again are you blind? How can you look at this and come to that conclusion???:mindblown:
We are miles ahead of Somalia.:kanyehmm:

Once again spouting hypothetical situations which hold no basis in reality.Somaliland has zero political security, UAE is ensuring its assets are secured to counter all challenges faced by African nations.This is why the UAE nation controls many state companies as they are political tools used to gain leverage in many situations.DP world is just another arm of UAE, any analyst who is not blinded by ignorance can see then the goal of the king of UAE is to secure his assets.Another port counters the effectiveness of the port within UAE and hence all measures must be taken to destroy competition.This allows them a higher amount of trade and a pseudo monopoly.A case study would be Yemen where both the ports were destroyed by DP world and the lucrative trade routes were redirected through Saudi Arabia.

Now for the Berbera port ,the lack of political maturity within the country simply solidified many peoples views of "Somaliland".It is not a country but essentially a Ponzi scheme in which Somalia is regarded as the biggest enemy.Now I'm not going to delve into the paradoxical situation where failed states ared used a scape goat and how that can be done successfully.However I will expose this within the port situation, firstly the port was leased to the UAE where the latter had the majority.This is the only port in Somaliland and hence its counterintuitive that it would be leased when thinking on a national basis.Once you analyse the situation its clear bribery was undertaken as referenced by @Bohol .Bribery was most likely given to Silaanyo and certain members of influential clans.This allowed the ruling party to maintain power and to acquire a steady , yet dismal, income from the port eventually . The deal is only beneficial to a few yet sheep like you support it.

The port will not rival the UAE port as that is counterintuitive , however the fact that Ethiopia bought a 19% stake implies Djibouti is acquiring the short stick.Djiboutis port has the potential to threaten the regional monopoly and hence the Berbera port will allow exports from Ethiopia to be rerouted through Somaliland.The End result is a "poor" port which counters the growth of Djibouti and secures UAEs assets.None of this benefits Somaliland or her people, you are a clear case of an ignorant patriot.

@HouseofSamaale don't be fooled! A successful democracy is one in which the economic well being of the country is tied to its political situation!

What am I being fooled about?

What debating Cangeero feels like.
giphy.gif

Do you even spend time reading what I write? What I wrote was "Ethiopia is seen as the next manufacturing giant"This is not me saying this,but experts.Then you responded with "Ethiopia is not a manufacturing giant and it would be careless to assume such a nation fraught with grievances could be the one in the near future'' Which makes no sense because I said ITS SEEN AS.And my final response was "Ethiopia is a developing nation with a population that is 25 times bigger than SL.No matter if Ethiopia becomes a manufacturing giant or not,SL will benefit from having close ties with Ethiopia."
How can you read that sentence and somehow end up writing "This is mediocre at best and delusional at worst.Befor I continue you claimed befor "Ethiopia will be a manufacturing giant" and now claim "it doesn't matter".Contradictive if I must say so."???:mindblown:

Everytime I answer you,its you who refuses to accept what is being said.

Linking our future with Ethiopia which has 25 times larger population than us is beneficial no matter what,because our businessmen will have acces to one of the biggest markets in Africa close by which our country could never reproduce because we don't have the population.

"Finally I do not know the statistics for Corruption within somaliland but I wouldn't be suprised If it ranked similiar to Somalia"
Again are you blind? How can you look at this and come to that conclusion???:mindblown:
We are miles ahead of Somalia.:kanyehmm:
"Seen by experts"? Provide sources to such claims.Stating Ethiopia will be a maufacturing giant while its extremely undeveloped and a Quasi dictatorship makes no sense.Ethiopia has been stagnating economically and the political situation in the country breeds economic insecurity.Ethiopia has also been accused of providing fake statistics.Ethiopia arson fell down many places in the fragile states index

http://fundforpeace.org/fsi/2017/05...-fails-to-mask-deeper-grievances-in-ethiopia/

https://www.google.com.au/amp/addis...s-economic-growth-dancing-standing-still/amp/

I said I'm not sure about the corruption index within somaliland as it shows no statistics on somaliland.That said it would be foolish to claim that somalilands a mythical country with no corruption as anecdotal evidence coupled with failed public work projects expose an aura of corruption

Finally , stop bringing up straw mans arguments, this is to do with the Berbera port deal not with the economic security within Somalia.

Bohol

VIP
We have been hearing that for decades. I am afraid it will be too late by the time Somalia is ready to extract its oil.

Zero

Somaliland patriot
"Seen by experts"? Provide sources to such claims.Stating Ethiopia will be a maufacturing giant while its extremely undeveloped and a Quasi dictatorship makes no sense.Ethiopia has been stagnating economically and the political situation in the country breeds economic insecurity.Ethiopia has also been accused of providing fake statistics.Ethiopia arson fell down many places in the fragile states index

http://fundforpeace.org/fsi/2017/05...-fails-to-mask-deeper-grievances-in-ethiopia/

https://www.google.com.au/amp/addis...s-economic-growth-dancing-standing-still/amp/

I said I'm not sure about the corruption index within somaliland as it shows no statistics on somaliland.That said it would be foolish to claim that somalilands a mythical country with no corruption as anecdotal evidence coupled with failed public work projects expose an aura of corruption

Finally , stop bringing up straw mans arguments, this is to do with the Berbera port deal not with the economic security within Somalia.
Source from 2016:http://theconversation.com/why-ethiopia-is-on-track-to-become-africas-industrial-powerhouse-57309
Source from 2017:https://www.alleastafrica.com/2017/07/18/ethiopia-new-hub-apparel-manufacturing/
Source from 2018:https://globalriskinsights.com/2018/02/ethiopia-economic-growth-opportunities-challenges/
Whether you like it or not Ethiopia is amongst the fastest growing non-oil economies in the world.Even though Ethiopia has problems with systemic trade deficits, poorly developed financial system and unemployment.Government reforms succeeded in opening the economy to foreign direct investments and resulted in expansion of commercial agriculture and manufacturing industry.
China had worse problems when they were just starting too and look at them today.
The Somaliland government is indeed wise to keep really close and friendly ties with Ethiopia because trade with them will become our country's lifeblood.

"failed public work projects expose an aura of corruption"
No,they don't.The main reasons why these projects fail is the lack of sustainable funds and skilled labor force.Even developed nations have delays in their projects.But they don't suffer from a 1 to 2 year delays as badly has poor nations do who don't have more funds laying around.Somaliland is always at the mercy of their labor force to complete the projects on time which causes all kinds of headaches when unexpected problems occur either halting the project or finishing it hastily.

Its not a straw man argument if I'm correctly responding to your claims that SL is corrupt:
This won't change SLs economic stance greatly, a corrupt system entrenching a corrupt hand of a foreign country as a majority for 30 years in the only national port is madness from outside.Yet it makes sense when you look at the hands of the few.
by stating that SL is above average in the corruption index and your country finished dead last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts