Somalia’s offshore oil reserves are an estimated 110 billion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farm

VIP
That 40 million number was a offhand remark and I couldn't find a source for it from the article.

I've already said they spent money on the survey's but that figure has probably been pushed up to increase the value of their offerings.

I know the original company used less than 20 million but weren't able to sell their data for years.

That should tell us something about the oil prospects in Somalia.

Somaoil just plans to pump and dump a speculative offering and they planned to make our corrupt government accomplices by bribing some of them.

Not sure what they have in store or who replaced them after they gotten their man in the PM seat.

International law firm Stephenson Harwood has advised Soma Oil & Gas Holdings Limited ("Soma") on an equity investment of US$50 million from private equity investment company Winter Sky. The funding will enable Soma to take forward the initial stages of an exploration programme, agreed with the Federal Republic of Somalia in 2013, to develop the country's energy sector.

http://www.shlegal.com/news-insight...-soma-oil-and-gas-on-us$50-million-investment

I’ve provided many sources, you haven’t provided one and instead all you’ve done is make unsubstantiated claims. We know Soma is corrupt but they have invested.

Last edited:

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
International law firm Stephenson Harwood has advised Soma Oil & Gas Holdings Limited ("Soma") on an equity investment of US$50 million from private equity investment company Winter Sky. The funding will enable Soma to take forward the initial stages of an exploration programme, agreed with the Federal Republic of Somalia in 2013, to develop the country's energy sector.

http://www.shlegal.com/news-insight...-soma-oil-and-gas-on-us$50-million-investment

I’ve provided many sources, you haven’t provided one and instead all you’ve done is make unsubstantiated claims. We know Soma is corrupt but they have invested.

Winter Sky sounds like a James Bond fictional evil organisation.

It's mostly likely a fly by night offshore holdings company that was created specifically for SomaOil.

Can't find them anywhere else.

http://www.somaoilandgas.com/shareholders/

All nobodies.

Farm

VIP
Winter Sky sounds like a James Bond fictional evil organisation.

It's mostly likely a fly by night offshore holdings company that was created specifically for SomaOil.

Can't find them anywhere else.

http://www.somaoilandgas.com/shareholders/

All nobodies.

Winter Sky Investments Limited is owned by the Dzhaparidze Family as well as other founders and management of Eurasia Drilling Company. Georgy Dzhaparidze is a Director of Soma Oil & Gas Holdings Limited.

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
Winter Sky Investments Limited is owned by the Dzhaparidze Family as well as other founders and management of Eurasia Drilling Company. Georgy Dzhaparidze is a Director of Soma Oil & Gas Holdings Limited.

Don't want to say anything bad about Mr. Dzhaparidze just in case he hires some hackers to hunt me down. Wish him a long healthy life and success in his endeavours.:browtf:

However there's something fishy about SomaOil.

Just based on the fact that there's a very low likelihood of there being oil in Somalia.

The land we're on top of isn't older than 20 million years.

Any oil that used to be there has long evaporated after losing it's seal when the Horn of Africa was forming.

Farm

VIP
:comeon:
Don't want to say anything bad about Mr. Dzhaparidze just in case he hires some hackers to hunt me down. Wish him a long healthy life and success in his endeavours.:browtf:

However there's something fishy about SomaOil.

Just based on the fact that there's a very low likelihood of there being oil in Somalia.

The land we're on top of isn't older than 20 million years.

Any oil that used to be there has long evaporated after losing it's seal when the Horn of Africa was forming.

You are making a lot of assumptions, I get the feeling you don’t want oil in Somalia. Are you Ethiopian or Kenyan by any chance ? Anyways the data is out there and Somalia definitely has oil.

I hope we get our shit together.Like i said our hope on on us the younger generation as i have already given up on the elders.

Farm

VIP
I hope we get our shit together.Like i said our hope on on us the younger generation as i have already given up on the elders.

The problem is most of the younger generation are just as toxic as the elders, it’s like hoping for racism to go away in America once the older generation dies off. It isn’t happening.

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
There is a reason why Shisheeye dont want this country to be stable.

The kheyraad of shabelle&jubba rivers and also the kheyraad of our waters.

So much to win in Somalia.
The foolish s fight each others for foolish things while Shisheeye grab our resources.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Somalia's oil (and natural gas reserves if we include Somali Galbeed) put us in the top 5 easily.

We also have 25% or so of the world's uranium, the highest % of its gypsum and other resources. We have enough farmland to feed 40 million people. The best wind turbine sites on Earth. Africa's largest coastline and vast marine resources. An amazing location straddling the Gulf of Aden and the Indian Ocean.

Dubai could become quite irrelevant if our country was stable. We'd just need to fix Berbera, Bosaaso, Kismayo and Mogadishu.

The thing we don't have is unity, justice and protection of property rights, wadanimo iyo Islanimo, organised societal efforts and a functioning government comprised of moral high IQ people.

Instead we have low IQ traitors and dhabodhilif who will themselves for any foreign purchaser and sell all our national assets as our people starve and are divided between their enemies.
Somaliland will make great use of those mineral reserves such as gypsum and export them.
Don't embarass yourself exclude Berbera :denzelnigga:

Somaliland will make great use of those mineral reserves such as gypsum and export them.
Don't embarass yourself exclude Berbera :denzelnigga:

I'm a Northerner and Berbera is mine as it is the property of all Somalis. Did you forget Somali taxes built Berbera?

You know what, if many 'Landers' hate their own people, become independent by all means (not that you can) . But only the inner triangle - leave Awdal, Sool, Sanaag and 'Wadaniland' out of 'SL'.

waraabe

Your superior
I'm a Northerner and Berbera is mine as it is the property of all Somalis. Did you forget Somali taxes built Berbera?

You know what, if many 'Landers' hate their own people, become independent by all means (not that you can) . But only the inner triangle - leave Awdal, Sool, Sanaag and 'Wadaniland' out of 'SL'.

kkk if berbera belongs to you too then then your sister's siil also belongs to me

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤

Did you forget what Somalia did to the people of the North?? Did you forget all the crimes that were committed against your Somali brothers???

Listen these southerners like to say midnimo and all that stuff that we are brothers but they think we will forget what happened.. Their hands are full of blood and it is not something you can wipe of that easy..

We can forgive but not forget.. So what they built that, it is in our territory.. They should have built more to the east..

Last edited:

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤

That you mention Wadaniland is laughable but okay.. Why should Somaliland leave Sool and Sanaag? Tell me facts.. Because of Warsangeli and Dhulbahante or what??

By the time we utilize it, it'll be near obsolete or so scarce half the world will be breathing down our neck

That you mention Wadaniland is laughable but okay.. Why should Somaliland leave Sool and Sanaag? Tell me facts.. Because of Warsangeli and Dhulbahante or what??

Precisely because of those two... Why should Somalia leave SSC alone?

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
By the time we utilize it, it'll be near obsolete or so scarce half the world will be breathing down our neck

Precisely because of those two... Why should Somalia leave SSC alone?
I was waiting for this.... Provided by the Duke himself. This one is for you too @HouseofSamaale

Bismillah.

Firstly Warsangeli is a minority in Sanaag with HY, HJ and Dhulbahante being majority.... They have two small cities?? I hear Bari region is beautiful.. They can go there if they don't like it..

Secondly Sool is Majority HY, HJ and Dhulbahante...

but HY alone is bigger than Dhulbahante people and Warsangeli combined...

Not that it matters who lives there because the reason Somaliland claims those regions is based on colonialism.. It helps that the HY is everywhere in Sool and Sanaag tho..

giphy.gif

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

I know Wadaniland isn't an actual thing. I was just making the point there are significant differences within the Isaaq sub-clans. The same people who support Wadani and were fobbed off by Biixi's victory are the same people who were killed by him and sought Somali unity.

It's not merely because the regions I mentioned are non-Isaaq. It is because they simply do not support secession. I honestly don't care if the triangle wants to secede but why do people insist on drawing in the entire North? For the sake of following borders set down by a gaal?

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
I know Wadaniland isn't an actual thing. I was just making the point there are significant differences within the Isaaq sub-clans. The same people who support Wadani and were fobbed off by Biixi's victory are the same people who were killed by him and sought Somali unity.

It's not merely because the regions I mentioned are non-Isaaq. It is because they simply do not support secession. I honestly don't care if the triangle wants to secede but why do people insist on drawing in the entire North? For the sake of following borders set down by a gaal?
You believe what you want to believe that is the case.. I mean you have seen yourself the leader of Wadani endorsing Somaliland even telling Somalia to mind it's own business. Isaaq unlike other clans have their differences but are united.. :russsmug:

Did you forget what Somalia did to the people of the North?? Did you forget all the crimes that were committed against your Somali brothers???

Listen these southerners like to say midnimo and all that stuff that we are brothers but they think we will forget what happened.. Their hands are full of blood and it is not something you can wipe of that easy..

We can forgive but not forget.. So what they built that, it is in our territory.. They should have built more to the east..

I haven't forgotten anything. The truth though is that everyone suffered under Siad Barre.

Somalia was an absolute basket-case. The crimes the Barre regime and its cronies committed from day 1 are endless.

What I don't understand is how people twist things to make it sound like there was a Southern conspiracy only against Isaaq. Did Majerteen not rebel and fight against Siad Barre?

The Isaaq in the south when the war started were protected by the southern Dir. Did the Somali pilots sent to bomb the North not refuse on masse? Siad Barre was ultimately forced to use South African mercenaries. What about the Hawiye, the Rahanweyn, Somali Bantu, Reer Xamar? What did they do to you?

The pain the Isaaq suffered was caused by a mad dictator and his supporters obsessed with power. Yet people on here argue like there was some agreement amongst the southern people to go and kill the people of the North.

Siad Barre's Machiavellian attempts at securing his own power base caused a lot of the clan antagonism just before the civil war.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts