Somalia’s offshore oil reserves are an estimated 110 billion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No we very much did. To the extent we willingly agreed to absolutely preposterous terms.

The negotiators for the Southern side deliberately proposed terms they believed we would reject so they could perhaps exist as a separate entity and save face instead of rejecting Union outright and pissing off the population. The Northern negotiators willingly accepted these terms (including Mogadishu as the capital and a disgustingly unbalanced division of political and military posts) for the sake of achieving Somaliweyn. You will see the most active Greater Somali nationalists were people like the USP and Northern people in general. Say what you want but don't lie about the former Pan Somali nationalism of the North.

What did I lie about???

Can you give me a source on the terms of the union? I'm not saying it's not true, nor am I denying British Somaliland got screwed, but I'd like to know what exactly they were.

Because the international community is afraid of igniting already existing separatist movements and other regions that are thinking of seceding possibly destabilizing many regions in Africa not only east.

The reason the international community puts up with Somaliland is because of their legal claim to the predecessor British Somaliland Protectorate. Also tribal borders means nothing compared to colonial borders in the eyes of international law which many countries are based on.

Also what about the union treaties that were signed?? Somaliland was recognized and after the fact willingly entered into a union with the south in hopes for greater cooperation between Somali people.

You actually believe Somaliland was just recognized to then enter a union and dissolve their sovereignty? Come one man.. The treaties that were signed entailed different things one being Somaliland can willingly leave the union.

Yes, they were granted independence and entered the union afterwards, but the agreement for a united Somalia was made beforehand. Although admittedly, Somaliland likely would've received independence at one point or another, with or without a united Somalia just like every other African country.

In May 1960, the British Government stated that it would be prepared to grant independence to the then protectorate of British Somaliland, with the intention that the territory would unite with the Italian-administered Trust Territory of Somaliland (the former Italian Somaliland). The Legislative Council of British Somaliland passed a resolution in April 1960 requesting independence and union with the Trust Territory of Somaliland, which was scheduled to gain independence on 1 July that year. The legislative councils of both territories agreed to this proposal following a joint conference in Mogadishu.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Minority in sanaag
:gucciwhat:
I swear you are high, warsengali subclan is exclusively* in sanaag.HY often moves out of sanaag and throughout hawd , toghdheeer etc.

Exclusively means 90% and above of the warsengali live in that region.The actual split is 60/40 in sanaag.
I personally believe the borders of Sanaag are to far east but nonetheless Warsangeli are minority.. Bari region is close if they don't like Sanaag.

Go to Erigavo yourself. HY, HJ and Dhulbahante people will slap you sideways man.. I have family in Erigavo and they are HA tf are you talking about.

Because of Badhan 20k people you expect Somaliland to not claim them? In sha Allah I personally hope they will be excluded but don't get your hopes up.. Las Qoray as well.. :ohno:

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
What did I lie about???

Can you give me a source on the terms of the union? I'm not saying it's not true, nor am I denying British Somaliland got screwed, but I'd like to know what exactly they were.

Yes, they were granted independence and entered the union afterwards, but the agreement for a united Somalia was made beforehand. Although admittedly, Somaliland likely would've received independence at one point or another, with or without a united Somalia just like every other African country.
Yes but what happened with the union treaties?? Did both parties sign one unilateral treaty, no they did not. The whole union is scam and the south politically hijacked the north. There are documents proving this if you check for yourself and do some further research which you clearly just did.

Djibouti absolutely not.. Ethiopia could possibly take over Somaliland but their chances would diminish as soon as the UAE military base is finished this year.

Which gives Somaliland a whole other level of political security that we have not seen ever.

The issue is not that Ethiopia doesn't have enough military power which they do. They are several times stronger than Somaliland.

What they don't have tho is enough political power to take over Somaliland. Ethiopia is not Russia where they just went into the Crimea and annexed it. It would spark economic and military sanctions that Ethiopia can't handle.
Once again spouting hypothetical situations which hold no basis in reality.Somaliland has zero political security, UAE is ensuring its assets are secured to counter all challenges faced by African nations.This is why the UAE nation controls many state companies as they are political tools used to gain leverage in many situations.DP world is just another arm of UAE, any analyst who is not blinded by ignorance can see then the goal of the king of UAE is to secure his assets.Another port counters the effectiveness of the port within UAE and hence all measures must be taken to destroy competition.This allows them a higher amount of trade and a pseudo monopoly.A case study would be Yemen where both the ports were destroyed by DP world and the lucrative trade routes were redirected through Saudi Arabia.

Now for the Berbera port ,the lack of political maturity within the country simply solidified many peoples views of "Somaliland".It is not a country but essentially a Ponzi scheme in which Somalia is regarded as the biggest enemy.Now I'm not going to delve into the paradoxical situation where failed states ared used a scape goat and how that can be done successfully.However I will expose this within the port situation, firstly the port was leased to the UAE where the latter had the majority.This is the only port in Somaliland and hence its counterintuitive that it would be leased when thinking on a national basis.Once you analyse the situation its clear bribery was undertaken as referenced by @Bohol .Bribery was most likely given to Silaanyo and certain members of influential clans.This allowed the ruling party to maintain power and to acquire a steady , yet dismal, income from the port eventually . The deal is only beneficial to a few yet sheep like you support it.

The port will not rival the UAE port as that is counterintuitive , however the fact that Ethiopia bought a 19% stake implies Djibouti is acquiring the short stick.Djiboutis port has the potential to threaten the regional monopoly and hence the Berbera port will allow exports from Ethiopia to be rerouted through Somaliland.The End result is a "poor" port which counters the growth of Djibouti and secures UAEs assets.None of this benefits Somaliland or her people, you are a clear case of an ignorant patriot.

@HouseofSamaale don't be fooled! A successful democracy is one in which the economic well being of the country is tied to its political situation!

I personally believe the borders of Sanaag are to far east but nonetheless Warsangeli are minority.. Bari region is close if they don't like Sanaag.

Go to Erigavo yourself. HY, HJ and Dhulbahante people will slap you sideways man.. I have family in Erigavo and they are HA tf are you talking about.

Because of Badhan 20k people you expect Somaliland to not claim them? In sha Allah I personally hope they will be excluded but don't get your hopes up.. Las Qoray as well.. :ohno:
All the way to yubbe is 100% of warsengali , erigavo has a warsengali population yet they often identify under Harti Umbrella. Ceelayo to the outskirts of Cerrigabo is solely warsengali.

All the way to yubbe is 100% of warsengali , erigavo has a warsengali population yet they often identify under Harti Umbrella. Ceelayo to the outskirts of Cerrigabo is solely warsengali.

SOMCLA-W2.gif

653aef1f046cb7e2d988d1d4c80d78d2.jpg

3.%20Somalia%20clan%20location%20map%20cia%202002..jpg

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Once again spouting hypothetical situations which hold no basis in reality.Somaliland has zero political security, UAE is ensuring its assets are secured to counter all challenges faced by African nations.This is why the UAE nation controls many state companies as they are political tools used to gain leverage in many situations.DP world is just another arm of UAE, any analyst who is not blinded by ignorance can see then the goal of the king of UAE is to secure his assets.Another port counters the effectiveness of the port within UAE and hence all measures must be taken to destroy competition.This allows them a higher amount of trade and a pseudo monopoly.A case study would be Yemen where both the ports were destroyed by DP world and the lucrative trade routes were redirected through Saudi Arabia.

Now for the Berbera port ,the lack of political maturity within the country simply solidified many peoples views of "Somaliland".It is not a country but essentially a Ponzi scheme in which Somalia is regarded as the biggest enemy.Now I'm not going to delve into the paradoxical situation where failed states ared used a scape goat and how that can be done successfully.However I will expose this within the port situation, firstly the port was leased to the UAE where the latter had the majority.This is the only port in Somaliland and hence its counterintuitive that it would be leased when thinking on a national basis.Once you analyse the situation its clear bribery was undertaken as referenced by @Bohol .Bribery was most likely given to Silaanyo and certain members of influential clans.This allowed the ruling party to maintain power and to acquire a steady , yet dismal, income from the port eventually . The deal is only beneficial to a few yet sheep like you support it.

The port will not rival the UAE port as that is counterintuitive , however the fact that Ethiopia bought a 19% stake implies Djibouti is acquiring the short stick.Djiboutis port has the potential to threaten the regional monopoly and hence the Berbera port will allow exports from Ethiopia to be rerouted through Somaliland.The End result is a "poor" port which counters the growth of Djibouti and secures UAEs assets.None of this benefits Somaliland or her people, you are a clear case of an ignorant patriot.

@HouseofSamaale don't be fooled! A successful democracy is one in which the economic well being of the country is tied to its political situation!
You are saying that the military base being built in Berbera obviously to secure their interests mainly and Yemen situation is not providing Somaliland with a new layer of political security??

...... :draketf:

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
You got me fucked up where are they?!? You keep saying Warsangeli are majority where can we find them except Badhan and Las Qoray in a large settlement?? This is propaganda to undermine Somaliland.

HY owns Sanaag period.. tf

Zero

Somaliland patriot

The Berbera port DP world deal is a gateway to many other prospects that were out of reach for SL before.UAE gets 51% because they will be building the port,roads and a military base giving SL new weapons bypassing the weapons embargo.That is how much they are investing compared to us.Ethiopia gets 19% as a guarantee from the SL goverment that Ethiopia can savely use the port for majority of its imports and exports.Ethiopia is seen as the next manufacturing giant and we are its only major port.This will bring a lot of prosperity in the future.

The reason you can't see why this deal is so great for SL is because you are ignorant about SL and are blinded by cuqdad.Somalia is a house for foreign use and yet you guys waste time critizing a great deal that will have nothing to do with you instead of cleaning up your own backyard.

You are saying that the military base being built in Berbera obviously to secure their interests mainly and Yemen situation is not providing Somaliland with a new layer of political security??

...... :draketf:
The military base in Berbera is to help secure a climate of trust between the two regions.Trained militia abroad, once again exactly similiar to the Trained militia in southern Yemen, allows mobility of foreign hands within a region.UAE has found that the plan worked in Yemen and are taking the same path again in somaliland.Its textbook analysis , any fool can see it if they stop being emotional for 1 damned second.

The Berbera port DP world deal is a gateway to many other prospects that were out of reach for SL before.UAE gets 51% because they will be building the port,roads and a military base giving SL new weapons bypassing the weapons embargo.That is how much they are investing compared to us.Ethiopia gets 19% as a guarantee from the SL goverment that Ethiopia can savely use the port for majority of its imports and exports.Ethiopia is seen as the next manufacturing giant and we are its only major port.This will bring a lot of prosperity in the future.

The reason you can't see why this deal is so great for SL is because you are ignorant about SL and are blinded by cuqdad.Somalia is a house for foreign use and yet you guys waste time critizing a great deal that will have nothing to do with you instead of cleaning up your own backyard.
You didn't counter any of my points , statements like "it will bring a lot of prosperity " doesn't counter my points nor does it seem logical that one port will make a country into a first world power house.With regards to the arms embargo I doubt that the UAE which buys all of its weapons abroad will equip a foreign army with capable weapons which can lead to a slap on the wrist by its overseers in the west.Nor does it make sense that they will try to do anything without a sound political goal.

Ethiopia is not a manufacturing giant and it would be careless to assume such a nation fraught with grievances could be the one in the near future.However Ethiopia has exports which I haven't denied but emphasised in my mini analysis before.

This won't change SLs economic stance greatly, a corrupt system entrenching a corrupt hand of a foreign country as a majority for 30 years in the only national port is madness from outside.Yet it makes sense when you look at the hands of the few.

The rest of your argument is verbal vomit, I am being bipartisan in my arguments.Counter them with facts not fallacies.

DRACO

VIP

Also Ethiopia signed Memorandum of understanding to divert 40% of its trade to Berbera port .

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
You didn't counter any of my points , statements like "it will bring a lot of prosperity " doesn't counter my points nor does it seem logical that one port will make a country into a first world power house.With regards to the arms embargo I doubt that the UAE which buys all of its weapons abroad will equip a foreign army with capable weapons which can lead to a slap on the wrist by its overseers in the west.Nor does it make sense that they will try to do anything without a sound political goal.

Ethiopia is not a manufacturing giant and it would be careless to assume such a nation fraught with grievances could be the one in the near future.However Ethiopia has exports which I haven't denied but emphasised in my mini analysis before.

This won't change SLs economic stance greatly, a corrupt system entrenching a corrupt hand of a foreign country as a majority for 30 years in the only national port is madness from outside.Yet it makes sense when you look at the hands of the few.

The rest of your argument is verbal vomit, I am being bipartisan in my arguments.Counter them with facts not fallacies.
You doubt UAE will arm a foreign army that can lead to a slap on the wrist by its overseers in the west.

But are they not building a military base in an unrecognized de facto state and also enter into a deal with the Somaliland government over a port deal together with Ethiopia?? Does this not warrant a slap on the wrist by the IC?

Your points have no ground they are meaningless, you do not know what you are talking about.. You contradicted yourself then you call someone elses arguments vomit..

Last I'm writing about this..

You doubt UAE will arm a foreign army that can lead to a slap on the wrist by its overseers in the west.

But are they not building a military base in an unrecognized de facto state and also enter into a deal with the Somaliland government over a port deal together with Ethiopia??

Your points have no ground they are meaningless, you do not know what you are talking about.. This dude.. he contradicts himself then calls someone else arguments vomit..

Last I'm writing about this..
Didn't say that I said I doubt they would train a capable army , militia has been trained by UAE in other foreign regions before.I am emphasising examples such as Yemen as they are geographically and politically similiar.

Once again you state "my points have no ground" without explaining why.I know it's hard to come to terms why a backward country in Africa won't become a fairytale wakandaic system.Especially when you are emotionally attached to it.

I called his final pool of fallacies vomit statements like that are counter productive and dont allow us to understand the situation in somali weyn as a whole.By all means argue against me but don't get mad if you sound like an idiot.

wawenka

Guul Ama Geeri
until we establish a centralized system without 4.5 and control all of our borders and finally lock up every boqor,ugaas,sultan etc. Funny name tho saxib
All of thoose you mentioned should be given greater athourity insted of being locked up.. get to know the game you might change your mind after that !

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Didn't say that I said I doubt they would train a capable army , militia has been trained by UAE in other foreign regions before.I am emphasising examples such as Yemen as they are geographically and politically similiar.

Once again you state "my points have no ground" without explaining why.I know it's hard to come to terms why a backward country in Africa won't become a fairytale wakandaic system.Especially when you are emotionally attached to it.

I called his final pool of fallacies vomit statements like that are counter productive and dont allow us to understand the situation in somali weyn as a whole.By all means argue against me but don't get mad if you sound like an idiot.
If that is what you believe then fine, bro but comparing Yemen to Somaliland is not going to hold.

Yemen are against UAE. Yemen is politically complex, the situation there differs a lot from Somaliland.

Zero

Somaliland patriot

You had no point to make outside of "Somaliland is not a country but essentially a Ponzi scheme in which Somalia is regarded as the biggest enemy." and how this deal happenend because of bribery.
And I wrote the reasons as to why the deal was made.Since your baseless claims refute themselves.

The Arab world has been selling us weapons in secret for decades now and the west kept ignoring it,even when those weapons came into the hands of terrorists.So its safe to assume that SL is in the clear,since we only use our weapons for self defence and securing our borders.

Ethiopia is a developing nation with a population that is 25 times bigger than SL.No matter if Ethiopia becomes a manufacturing giant or not,SL will benefit from having close ties with Ethiopia.Imagine Ethiopian tourists coming to SL's beaches for vacantion,we could become the Tunisia of the horn.:banderas:

Don't talk to me about corruption since SL is above average in that regard and beter than all the Horn nations.Or is this fake,but the Puntland worldbank report is 100% true? :dead:

If that is what you believe then fine, bro but comparing Yemen to Somaliland is not going to hold.

Yemen are against UAE. Yemen is politically complex, the situation there differs a lot from Somaliland.
Quiet similiar to somaliland but not the same.The main intersection is the divided populace based on clans and hence it is easier to bribe.Tribalism often has the negative effect of causing a system where democracy is subverted, a person would be happy if their tribe leader acquired so and so hence allowing a more corrupt system to prevail.

You had no point to make outside of "Somaliland is not a country but essentially a Ponzi scheme in which Somalia is regarded as the biggest enemy." and how this deal happenend because of bribery.
And I wrote the reasons as to why the deal was made.Since your baseless claims refute themselves.

The Arab world has been selling us weapons in secret for decades now and the west kept ignoring it,even when those weapons came into the hands of terrorists.So its safe to assume that SL is in the clear,since we only use our weapons for self defence and securing our borders.

Ethiopia is a developing nation with a population that is 25 times bigger than SL.No matter if Ethiopia becomes a manufacturing giant or not,SL will benefit from having close ties with Ethiopia.Imagine Ethiopian tourists coming to SL's beaches for vacantion,we could become the Tunisia of the horn.:banderas:

Don't talk to me about corruption since SL is above average in that regard and beter than all the Horn nations.Or is this fake,but the Puntland worldbank report is 100% true? :dead:
This is mediocre at best and delusional at worst.Befor I continue you claimed befor "Ethiopia will be a manufacturing giant" and now claim "it doesn't matter".Contradictive if I must say so.

My point seems to have flown over your head I said the combination of anti Somalia sentiment, corruption and UAE influence had caused the Berbera situation.Read my posts carefully instead of brushing over them.

As somaliland is an Islamic nation I would be suprised if "Ethiopian" tourists would come to SL beaches.Furthermore Vast numbers of ethiopians suffer from poverty and hence wouldn't be spending money happlessly.Ethiopia as a whole is in a precarious situation which it must solve , it probably won't but time will tell.Linking your future with them is careless and once again expose political immaturity.

Finally I do not know the statistics for Corruption within somaliland but I wouldn't be suprised If it ranked similiar to Somalia.That said it would still be around the average of Africa which would still allow a similiar situation in which my analysis entails.

Please come back with actual counter arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending