Somali with E-M293

It’s strange because for example Garhajis who are undisputedly the biggest Isaaq tribe are nearly all Haplogroup T.

Also Habar Awal are mostly E-V32 if I’m not wrong. But Habar Jeclo it’s 50%/50% between E and T it seems :lolbron::mjdontkno::snoop::pachah1:
Hj seems to be majority T since M abokor is consistently getting T while the results from muuse abokor are inconclusive and have both haplogroups.
Also Ciise muuse guys from different subclans get T in multiple times so they seem to be 50/50 or T majority clan but Sacad muuse are mostly V32

It’s strange because for example Garhajis who are undisputedly the biggest Isaaq tribe are nearly all Haplogroup T.

Also Habar Awal are mostly E-V32 if I’m not wrong. But Habar Jeclo it’s 50%/50% between E and T it seems :lolbron::mjdontkno::snoop::pachah1:

Bro, imo you guys are clear when it comes to you Somali genetic identity. With all the tests
done so it looks like beesha Isaaq 50% T- and 50% E. But we cannot say that for the rest
of Somali Clans.

It will be interesting to know the rest of the Somali clans.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Bro, imo you guys are clear when it comes to you Somali genetic identity. With all the tests
done so it looks like beesha Isaaq 50% T- and 50% E. But we cannot say that for the rest
of Somali Clans.

It will be interesting to know the rest of the Somali clans.
True bro Isaaqs is T and E while Daroods it’s still up for the debate. For example Warsans have like 3-4 haplogroups alone :lolbron:

What I have gotten from these tests is that Hawiye are the only true and pure Somalis whereas every other clan has some different shit going on.

He says in the end some Arab tribes have different paternal tribes like Berbers,Copts etc but aren’t those groups Arabized and aren’t pure Arabs?

I think also there wasn’t a single founder of any Somali tribe as most tribes has multiple haplogroups.
No I meant Arab tribes in the Peninsula. Not Lebanese, Egyptians or Berbers. I don’t use the internet that much but something in my mind told me I’d be on Internet forums lol. I had to reply to these comments.

There is the tiny possibility he is a reer Jubbaland Warsangeli.
No my father and my grandfather were born and raised in Ceerigaabo in Sanaag. They’re well known and most of my fellow tribesman are always proud to see me ask me about my family. Warsengeli move back and forth from South and North so it’s a possibility that one of my great grandfathers moved North or South then back North.
Tbh I really don’t know if this DNA tests are accurate because I keep getting updates. I was 95% Somali 3% Ethiopian now I’m 99% Somali 0.1% Unassigned.
I was told when it comes to Haplogroups all you have to worry about is the first letter because an E-V32 can easily be mixed up with its cousin Haplogroups like E-M293 or E-V13 or even a E1b1a but you can’t mix up a T-L208 with a J1 or E-M215.
At the end of the day Idc about qabiil my moms Hawiye, grandmas Isaaq and I can’t fight them. I’m Warsengeli and that’s it.

Apollo

VIP
@egaal

You should do further investigations in regards to your Y-Chromosome over at familytreedna.com because almost no Northeastern Somalia natives are E-M293 from the data I have collected over the years.

A second possibility is that you got the E-M293 from an Afro-Arab Yemeni (there are many Afro-Arabs in Yemen). Some of them may settled Sanaag as some Yemenis have been known to have frequented the area. I have my doubts this lineage existed in Northeast Somalia more than 1,500 years ago (before Islam). It is not a standard Warsangeli lineage.

You should do further investigations in regards to your Y-Chromosome over at familytreedna.com, because almost no Northeastern Somalia natives are E-M293 from the data I have collected over the years.

A second possibility is that you got the E-M293 from an Afro-Arab Yemeni (there are many Afro-Arabs in Yemen) who settled Sanaag as some Yemenis have been known to have frequented the area. I have my doubts this lineage existed in Northeast Somalia more than 1,500 years ago (before Islam). It is not a standard Warsangeli lineage.
It’s South Erythrean lineage that’s where the lineage originated. None of my DNA relatives share that lineage. It could be possible that lineage originated in Sanaag or Somaliland and the carriers of that Haplogroup moved Southwards and a very small minority stayed behind. I know real Somalis are Haplogroup E-V32. And to be a real Warsengeli you have to have Haplogroup E-V32. But there’s a social component to tribes for example if you fought for Warsengeli Sultans, marry from their women, when you die they marry your widow take care of your children etc. Then you become a part of them. That’s why there’s Warsengeli-Abgaal. The prime minister of Djibouti who people used to say is Afar turned out to be Warsengeli. My theory is before Islam people used to claim orphans and adopted children as their own give them their names so that’s how these anomalies come up.

Apollo

VIP
@egaal

It is Cushitic, yes (most likely South Cushitic in origin), but we need to know more info about which kind of E-M293 you are after E-M293 (haplogroups split endlessly - they never stop mutating, so you can trace them continuously). If you are a rare kind of E-M293, like splitting off at the root of that lineage, perhaps your lineage may have been around in Somalia for a long time. But if for instance you match any of the Southeast African or Arabian samples within 2,000-to-1,000 years, then there is the strong possibility it was introduced to Sanaag and into Warsangelis via an Afro-Arab Indian Ocean trader. We already have seen Warsangelis with J1 (Yemeni subtype) and R1b (Iranian subtype), so the likelihood of it being an Indian Ocean trader lineage is high.

My advice is to do a Big Y test at familytreedna.com, perhaps during a sale period. They have a large pool of Arabian testers on there and you could either confirm or debunk this hypothesis with it.

Anyhow, thanks for providing more info.

@egaal

It is Cushitic, yes (most likely South Cushitic in origin), but we need to know more info about which kind of E-M293 you are after E-M293 (haplogroups split endlessly - they never stop mutating, so you can trace them continuously). If you are a rare kind of E-M293, like splitting off at the root of that lineage, perhaps your lineage may have been around in Somalia for a long time. But if for instance you match any of the Southeast African or Arabian samples within 2,000-to-1,000 years, then there is the strong possibility it was introduced to Sanaag and into Warsangelis via an Afro-Arab Indian Ocean trader. We already have seen Warsangelis with J1 (Yemeni subtype) and R1b (Iranian subtype), so the likelihood of it being an Indian Ocean trader lineage is high.

My advice is to do a Big Y test at familytreedna.com, perhaps during a sale period. They have a large pool of Arabian testers on there and you could either confirm or debunk this hypothesis with it.

Sure I’ll check that one out and get back to you. Are you Warsengeli too? There are a very small number of Warsengeli taking the test and one of my relatives is Warsengeli from Sanaag but wound up with Haplogroup T-L208.

Apollo

VIP
Sure I’ll check that one out and get back to you. Are you Warsengeli too? There are a very small number of Warsengeli taking the test and one of my relatives is Warsengeli from Sanaag but wound up with Haplogroup T-L208.

Nah, I am Mooracase Harti. A neighboring clan, so I know quite a bit about the genetics from that region (have been collecting info on it for some time).

@egaal

There could have been a mistake with 23andMe too because I have unassigned percentages.

Apollo

VIP
There could have been a mistake with 23andMe too because I have unassigned percentages.

Don't think so. They mess around with the percentages with updates, but the haplogroup assignments are pretty much set in stone and rarely faulty.

Apollo

VIP
what does that indicate? Where did that originate from?

So most Somalis should only have V32 or T-L208?

E-M281/E-V16 is the only paternal lineage native to Somalia before the Cushitic herders came, but is very rare (less than 1% of Somalis have it). E-V32 (subtype E-Y18629) came from North Sudan and T-L208 (subtype T-BY181210) came from the Middle East, these last two are the most common.

E-M293 (what this thread is about) is also Cushitic, but is more associated with South Cushites who travelled through Ethiopia into Kenya and Southeast Africa. It is rare in Somalis, hence the surprise/interest in it.

E-M281/E-V16 is the only lineage native to Somalia before the Cushitic herders came, but is very rare (less than 1% of Somalis have it). E-V32 (subtype E-Y18629) come from North Sudan and T-L208 (subtype T-BY181210) comes from the Middle East, these two are the most common.

Wow! So that means only 1% of Somalis are the real natives!?? Always suspected something like that tbh.

So other than that one guy Sanbuur ever met any others like him? Also other than E-V32, T-L208 and the rare E-M281, are there others found among us?

Also this rare E-M281, do any other horners or groups share it with us?

Apollo

VIP
Wow! So that means only 1% of Somalis are the real natives!?? Always suspected something like that tbh.

So other than that one guy Sanbuur ever met any others like him? Also other than E-V32, T-L208 and the rare E-M281, are there others found among us?

Also this rare E-M281, do any other horners or groups share it with us?

Are you also from the Sanbuur clan? We aren't certain if his lineage is even the dominant lineage in the Sanbuur clan. It could be a statistical outlier.

E-M281 is found in low frequency mainly in Ethiopia and Somalia. Some Arabians also got it, but there are many Afro-Arabs in Arabia.. so whatever lineage they carry you cannot be certain if it is native to Arabia or introduced via Habeshas when they conquered Yemen/Southwest Saudi Arabia.

Are you also from the Sanbuur clan? We aren't certain if his lineage is even the dominant lineage in the Sanbuur clan. It could be a statistical outlier.

E-M281 is found in low frequency mainly in Northern Ethiopia. Some Arabians also got it, but there are many Afro-Arabs in Arabia.. so whatever lineage they carry you cannot be certain if it is native to Arabia or introduced via Habeshas when they conquered Yemen/Southwest Saudi Arabia.
Lol I thought sanbuur was a guy not a clan. Never heard of them...what part of Somalia are they from?