Somali with E-M293

Faahiye

Male Male Male Male
I can't see the paternal haplotype bro. Does it advance or deny the different haplotypes for hunter-gatherer-type clan names?
@Shibbane,

He mentions in the comments that he is E-V32. Also I don't think clans with those types of names will yield unique results.

Best,

Faahiye

So the Yibir being Somalinized jews wasn’t a joke :pachah1:

Some of them look way more Caucasoid than Somalis, with fair skin, sharp features and very soft hair. I’ve seen one with the classic Semitic hook nose!

Anything is possible.

The Somali singer Nimo Yasin is allegedly Yibir.

Attachments

• 1592854478602.png
    1592854478602.png
    546.8 KB · Views: 169

Apollo

VIP
I can't see the paternal haplotype bro. Does it advance or deny the different haplotypes for hunter-gatherer-type clan names?

Darods with that -yahan name are rather normative genetically, nothing special about them really. It is just an ornamental name.

The only Somali I have seen with a potential pre-Cushitic Somali hunter-gatherer lineage was an Isaaq with E-V16/E-M281, which is actually kind of cool, but it's very rare.

Faahiye

Male Male Male Male
Darods with that -yahan name are rather normative genetically, nothing special about them really. It is just an ornamental name.

The only Somali I have seen with a potential pre-Cushitic Somali hunter-gatherer lineage was an Isaaq with E-V16/E-M281, which is actually kind of cool, but it's very rare.
@Apollo,

Yeah yahan type names shouldn't have different results. In the ftdna project theres an isaaq with it that got T. Also I think your talking about geeljire sanbuur. Very interesting result.

Best,

Faahiye

It means they existed in the south before the arrival of other Somalis hence intermediate.

Not according to Somali history. Please see Abdalla Mansur's book. Their fouding fathers moved down south (from Sool/Sanaag/Nugaal) around same time as old man Hawiye. Gravesites also up north just like the others.

Some of them look way more Caucasoid than Somalis, with fair skin, sharp features and very soft hair. I’ve seen one with the classic Semitic hook nose!

Anything is possible.

The Somali singer Nimo Yasin is allegedly Yibir.
I think she is tumaal not yibir

Not according to Somali history. Please see Abdalla Mansur's book. Their fouding fathers moved down south (from Sool/Sanaag/Nugaal) around same time as old man Hawiye. Gravesites also up north just like the others.

Somali oral history is problematic.

I’ll check out that book.

Trending

Latest posts