Somali with E-M293

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
He’s most likely a descendant of the South Cushites that preceded the East Cushites in the northern part of the Somali peninsula.

I always had the theory that Las Geel rock art was made by the remaining Paleolithic Hunter Gatherers before they were absorbed/went extinct. It was their way of documenting the arrival of a new distinct people. Tall people with “red skin”, white garments and long-horned cattle and goats.

I don’t think the earliest Cushitic pastoralists lived in caves, not when Las Geel at that time was a lush savannah with wild game and plenty of predators such leopard. Only Semites in desert environment made houses out of caves and rock shelters.

Warsangeli paternal lineages: E-V32, J1, R1a, T-M70, E-M293 :yacadiim:

Can the real Warsangeli please stand up?
Once I had this discussion about laas geel rocks and thunder gathers presomalis with wadani Somali, I got blocked :wow:

You cannot easily match languages to male haplogroups, especially not in pastoralist groups with founder effects. Sahos have E-V22, Afars have E-V6 but they came from the same linguistic community (Saho-Afar).

It isn't as simple as that.
There is a strong correlation, that we must grant. However, it's wrong to assume linguistics and genetics are 1:1.

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
Afars have Habashi-like autosomal ancestry profile, whatever potential bottleneck they had, if at all, got blurred out by extensive mixing with the neighboring Ethio-Semitic speaking populations.
Yes. Is it possible that Afars are just an undersampled population ? Their diversity in Y-DNA doesn’t really match their pastoral lifestyle and patrilineal system at all in my opinion, that’s a very interesting population tbh

Yes. Is it possible that Afars are just an undersampled population ? Their diversity in Y-DNA doesn’t really match their pastoral lifestyle and patrilineal system at all in my opinion, that’s a very interesting population tbh
I think the Djiboutian Afar will differ from those sampled in Ethiopia from that one study.

Yeah, we thought they were next to us, Somalis in the the horn. Even the Oromos have
have Haplogroup majority E-V32 51% although they are super assimilated.

Since the HG T is so small in Afar, could it be Somali from the Somali Kingdoms era Adal Axmed
Guray time and others.

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
Since the HG T is so small in Afar, could it be Somali from the Somali Kingdoms era Adal Axmed
Guray time and others.
There are quite a few different T lineages that coexist in the Horn, so I don’t expect most of the Afar T men to be from our specific clade. If I reckon correctly there was an Afar outlier in the Y-DNA study done in Djibouti that was close to Somalis STR wise, not 100% sure tho.

What most of the Somalis don't understand is that haplogroup T and E are both from somewhere else for example T goes as far as Asia and E goes as far as Bosnia! The real Somalis inhabitant were the Ajuraan who were replaced by the actual Somalis and all East African, North African came from the North or Asia and Europe!!

What most of the Somalis don't understand is that haplogroup T and E are both from somewhere else for example T goes as far as Asia and E goes as far as Bosnia! The real Somalis inhabitant were the Ajuraan who were replaced by the actual Somalis and all East African, North African came from the North or Asia and Europe!!
T is foreign but I'm pretty sure E is African, also what makes you think Ajuuraan aren't real Somalis, what haplogroup do they get?

Trending