Somali VS Ethiopians explained?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely not! I got to be very honest with you. Habeshas don't even mention Somalis most of the time let alone to have hostility towards them. They are also very ignorant about the Somali politics. They don't know the difference between Somaliland and Somalia etc. I'm very sure over 98% don't even know that Ethiopia's Army is active in Somalia for decades. Most of them have no clue about the 1977 Ethio-Somali war, especially the younger generation doesn't even know that Ethiopia and Somalia went to war some time ago. Somalia simply doesn't play a role in Habesha life. They see them just as good Horn neighbors that was it. Somalis on the other hand know way more about Ethiopia and also have much hostility towards Habeshas.
Stop lying how many times did your emperor use to say I have to control Somalia they can't rule for themselves :draketf:

"Former prisoners described a horrific reality of constant abuse and torture, with no access to adequate medical care, family, lawyers, or even, at times, food. Officials stripped naked and beat prisoners and forced them to perform humiliating acts in front of the entire prison population,"
They? You mean government? I dont agree... but, I have enough brain cells not to blame the whole ethnic group

Absolutely not! I got to be very honest with you. Habeshas don't even mention Somalis most of the time let alone to have hostility towards them. They are also very ignorant about the Somali politics. They don't know the difference between Somaliland and Somalia etc. I'm very sure over 98% don't even know that Ethiopia's Army is active in Somalia for decades. Most of them have no clue about the 1977 Ethio-Somali war, especially the younger generation doesn't even know that Ethiopia and Somalia went to war some time ago. Somalia simply doesn't play a role in Habesha life. They see them just as good Horn neighbors and if you come to Addis or other cities Somalis will be treated well just like anyone. Somalis on the other hand know way more about Ethiopia and also have much hostility towards Habeshas.
Thats because half of our land is brutally occupied by Ethiopia not the other way around. It would be the same if it was reversed and Somalis brutally occupied half of Amhara land for decades.

Interesting. From a young age Somalis are taught that Ethiopia is our enemy. From the Adal wars, to the Ogaden war, to the 2006 invasion. I always thought this bad blood between us was both sided. Btw if you dont mind me asking since you know how hostile we are towards your people why did you stay in SSpot as long as you did? From what I've seen you dont really get good interactions from us.

I know, I was shocked about the hostility Somalis have against ordinary Habeshas and I thought may be because they are ill informed so I tried to provide factual data even though I am not much successful :ftw9nwa: Especially hating on ordinary people is something I can't get my head around.

Anyway, Habesha families don't teach their kids to hate Somalis, they never even mention them. My whole relatives, all of them without exception are simply ignorant about Somalia and Somali politics let alone to hate them. They are sometimes surprised when I explain them the different between Somalia and Somaliland or that our Army is still in Somalia etc. They just don't have a clue even those who are very informed about Ethiopian internal politics. And the Adal wars, Habeshas see it just as a civil war between Muslim and Christian Ethiopians. They never associate it with Somalis.

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
I find Ethiopians smell funny even in the diaspora. And the ones I met have been closed off people. So we don’t vibe.

But I don’t hate anybody. Best leave politics to politics.

I know, I was shocked about the hostility Somalis have against ordinary Habeshas and I thought may be because they are ill informed so I tried to provide factual data even though I am not much successful :ftw9nwa: Especially hating on ordinary people is something I can't get my head around.

Anyway, Habesha families don't teach their kids to hate Somalis, they never even mention them. My whole relatives, all of them without exception are simply ignorant about Somalia and Somali politics let alone to hate them. They are sometimes surprised when I explain them the different between Somalia and Somaliland or that our Army is still in Somalia etc. They just don't have a clue even those who are very informed about Ethiopian internal politics. And the Adal wars, Habeshas see it just as a civil war between Muslim and Christian Ethiopians. They never associate it with Somalis.
Ofc Somalis feel that way when our land is occupied and our people are brutalised if the roles were reversed every habesha kid would have it whispered into their ear to kill Somalis the second they are born. Furthermore the Adal wars were between Somalis and Ethiopians.Muslim and Christian Ethiopians kulaha

Ofc Somalis feel that way when our land is occupied and our people are brutalised if the roles were reversed every habesha kid would have it whispered into their ear to kill Somalis the second they are born. Furthermore the Adal wars were between Somalis and Ethiopians.Muslim and Christian Ethiopians kulaha

I'm just talking about how Habeshas see the Adal war. I'm not talking about how it historically was. Habeshas see the Adal war only as a religion war between Ethiopian Muslims and Chritians, a war that was conducted by Ethiopians inside Ethiopia. That is how they see it. I never heard any association of the Adal war with Somalis until I came to this forum. So unlike Somalis who think Ethiopians are their natural enemies for centuries, Ethiopians don't think like that. We have just different perspectives. Both the Adal war and the 1977 war doesn't play any role in Ethiopia and 98% of the younger generation doesn't even know we had war with Somalia. So the idea of Somalis being the traditional enemies of us for centuries doesn't exist at all. Honestly even the recent war with Eritrea that cost so many lives doesn't play a significant role in Ethiopia. The only war that has a huge place in the Ethiopian mind, literature, music and everything is the Adwa war against Italy. Everything else is seen as not that significant.

Last edited:
Honestly I have no ill will towards Ethiopia or Ethiopians, if anything I wish them well (as long as it isn't at our detriment of course). I wish the best to all African nations and people (including black people in the islands/south america). Black people are at the bottom of the social hierarchy whether we acknowledge it or not, I want us to be at the top, strong African nations is the only way to repair/improve the image of black people.

i wanna witness the fall of america, france etc :wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending