Somali script needs to be either updated (Latin script) or completely changed (indigenous)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more to do with power and influence. When was the last time you ever heard of a Somali army in Addis Ababa? Or when was the last time you saw Somali generals interfering in xabashi politics? Now compare that to the meddling and interference of xabashis in our country. Compare that to their obsession with securing Djibouti.

The average xabashi might not care about Somalis or Somalia because they come from midgut villages in the mountains. They have a large peasant population. But the xabashi state is obsessed with us.

True, I just feel a strong sense of second hand embarrassment when I see this behaviour from fellow Somalis.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The ones found in Eritrea are 100% not the oldest. This is because they are written in stone, as in engraved. This is only common for middle to late sabaic. The ones from Sanaag and Maroodi Jeex and Saaxil are estimated to be around 9th century BCE to 3rd century CE.

The ones found in Somaliland are mostly painted onto the walls have more of a sinaitic influence, meaning it has not fully developed. It was the first forms of the southern arabian alphabet.

It is ours, do not believe the xabashi that stole it and changed it, they need to pay copyright fees.

True, I just feel a strong sense of second hand embarrassment when I see this behaviour from fellow Somalis.

Don't worry, you're not alone. I'm used to it by now, it's the new young generation that seem to be afflicted by this self-hate bug. You should see their antics on YouTube. They will beg anything and everything. The old school Somali generation would've considered any connection to xabashis as an affliction.

Don't worry, you're not alone. I'm used to it by now, it's the new young generation that seem to be afflicted by this self-hate bug. You should see their antics on YouTube. They will beg anything and everything. The old school Somali generation would've considered any connection to xabashis as an affliction.

Yes I've seen it on YouTube comment sections, hoards of Somalis in the most obscure videos comment section with some nerdy looking arab in the vid. It's insane. But never in real life I have never seen this, and I'm around a ton of somalis.

The ones found in Eritrea are 100% not the oldest. This is because they are written in stone, as in engraved. This is only common for middle to late sabaic. The ones from Sanaag and Maroodi Jeex and Saaxil are estimated to be around 9th century BCE to 3rd century CE.

The ones found in Somaliland are mostly painted onto the walls have more of a sinaitic influence, meaning it has not fully developed. It was the first forms of the southern arabian alphabet.

It is ours, do not believe the xabashi that stole it and changed it, they need to pay copyright fees.
"The earliest inscriptions in the alphabet date to the 9th century BC in the Akele Guzai region, Eritrea."......9th century BC:ayaanswag:

Show me this estimation for the ones you posted on the other thread about Sanaag, 3rd century CE is not that old

Proto-sinaitic is a Semitic proto script though. It was created in the Sinai region and was adopted from Egyptian hieroglyphs. What would it be doing in northern Somalia? Also, there's a big stretch from south Arabian being found in Somalia to southern Arabian being developed and created in Somalia first. That's some Hotep level logic leaping. That's an interesting hypothesis, but I'm gonna need some expert opinion.

"The earliest inscriptions in the alphabet date to the 9th century BC in the Akele Guzai region, Eritrea."......9th century BC:ayaanswag:

Show me this estimation for the ones you posted on the other thread about Sanaag, 3rd century CE is not that old

It started in Sanaag, because the OSA kingdoms controlled it, then it spread across the other Kingdoms, to Axum and Eritrea.
Proto-sinaitic is a Semitic proto script though. It was created in the Sinai region and was adopted from Egyptian hieroglyphs. What would it be doing in northern Somalia? Also, there's a big stretch from south Arabian being found in Somalia to southern Arabian being developed and created in Somalia first. That's some Hotep level logic leaping. That's an interesting hypothesis, but I'm gonna need some expert opinion.

Northern Somalia wasn't involved. Somaliland was in the realm of these OSA kingdoms, that's why there were inscriptions found futher south inland near Hargeisa. We were in a OSA kingdom's authority, and it originated there. Don't believe the convential hadal that it came from Eritrea, they done that to make it seem like Somalis are not capable of doing anything, but that's just my opinion.

It started in Sanaag, because the OSA kingdoms controlled it, then it spread across the other Kingdoms, to Axum and Eritrea.

Northern Somalia wasn't involved. Somaliland was in the realm of these OSA kingdoms, that's why there were inscriptions found futher south inland near Hargeisa. We were in a OSA kingdom's authority, and it originated there. Don't believe the convential hadal that it came from Eritrea, they done that to make it seem like Somalis are not capable of doing anything, but that's just my opinion.

You are definitely trolling...

Lol why does it matter if he calls it northern somalia or somaliland? All Somalis originally came from that northern area and spread south.

No i'm not

Somalis came from Eritrea, as that is most likely homeland for proto afro-asiatic peoples, that or the levant. Either way this is not Somalia's heritage, they have no business here. It belongs to Somaliland.

Ancient Somali history is shared between all Somalis, common sense would tell you that. Colonial borders don't change ancient history. That being said I don't personally care about these paintings, but why the animosity?

I swear OSA script originated in yemen, but then early on was adopted by Ge'ez speakers & evolved into Ge'ez script in Axum?
It's original homeland was most probably Yemen but the oldest inscription found so far is in Southern Eritrea. The Ge'ez script evolved from it yes. ASA was used before to write Ge'ez and Sabaean as far as I can remember.

Ancient Somali history is shared between all Somalis, common sense would tell you that. Colonial borders don't change ancient history. That being said I don't personally care about these paintings, but why the animosity?
No, Somalia cannot claim it as they have different history, sorry but we are not all the same.

No i'm not

Somalis came from Eritrea, as that is most likely homeland for proto afro-asiatic peoples, that or the levant. Either way this is not Somalia's heritage, they have no business here. It belongs to Somaliland.

And I meant Somalis as a people started off in northern Somalia/ Somaliland and moved south. I wasn't talking about proto-afroasiatic people.

Status
Not open for further replies.