Somali script needs to be either updated (Latin script) or completely changed (indigenous)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So? Are you finally admitting your Yemeni roots?:ayaanswag:

Also, this is south Arabian

s_arabn.gif

It is much more aesthetically pleasing than the autistic childlike scratchings of ge'ez.

We should use this because it is the oldest form of writing found in somali inhabited areas

:ayaanswag:Why would that make me happy? I'm just making an observation. I don't care what your af injirle is classified as. If it's okay for you to use South Arabian, then it should be for us. That is if we want to use it as the basis for the Somalis script, we would obviously have to make adjustments. There are other alternatives for us, of course.:draketf:

We use Ge'ez not South Arabian, tell me where the oldest South Arabian inscription was found in:what1:.

My initial point was how you said Osmanya looked like Ge'ez and ASA didn't:what1:.

Apollo

VIP
I agree, but that doesn't warrant constant threads about their land, language, people, looks, jks about joining them... that is all clear inferiority complex and not restricted to politics. I don't see constant threads about kenyans.

If i could id ban all arab and habeshi begs for the dignity of our people, ceeb badhna.

Their population is much larger than ours, of course it is to be expected that the smaller group is more concerned about the larger group than vice versa.

I agree, but that doesn't warrant constant threads about their land, language, people, looks, jks about joining them... that is all clear inferiority complex and not restricted to politics. I don't see constant threads about kenyans.

If i could id ban all arab and habeshi begs for the dignity of our people, ceeb badhna.

Most of the threads are started by trolls or xabashis. Don't take this forum to be representative of the Somali community. I assure you, the average Somali cares little for amxaaras, they are irrelevant. For Arabs though...

Their population is much larger than ours, of course it is to be expected that the smaller group is more concerned about the larger group than vice versa.

lol what? amhara and tigray outnumber somalis? or did you just include somalis and oromo in that?

We use Ge'ez not South Arabian, tell me where the oldest South Arabian inscription was found in:what1:.

My initial point was how you said Osmanya looked like Ge'ez and ASA didn't:what1:.

It does. I'm not xabashi so I wouldn't be able to notice immediately, but if I saw osmanya for the first time, I'd just assume it's xabashi. Is that so hard to understand? If I saw a Vietnamese person, I'd automatically assume they were Chinese. It's not my fault they look alike.:manny:

Most of the threads are started by trolls or xabashis. Don't take this forum to be representative of the Somali community. I assure you, the average Somali cares little for amxaaras, they are irrelevant. For Arabs though...

Alhamdulilah, good to hear. I know thats the case irl in my experience and arabs are just as irrelevant.

but this place and especially UK somalis (seems to be the majority on here) were worrying me. It could also just be a place where low self-esteem people in general are drawn to and i mean the internet, which would explain the arab/habeshi begging and qabyalad.

It does. I'm not xabashi so I wouldn't be able to notice immediately, but if I saw osmanya for the first time, I'd just assume it's xabashi. Is that so hard to understand? If I saw a Vietnamese person, I'd automatically assume they were Chinese. It's not my fault they look alike.:manny:
:snoop:

The combined xabashi population is just over that of the combined Somali population. But don't forget, most of their population are Sheegatos and xabashised ethnic groups. Somalis don't suffer Sheegatos. The real numbers would be different if we accounted for the number of "ethnic" xabashis.

Apollo

VIP
lol its not the same, i was speaking about habeshis and they do not outnumber us so that isn't an excuse. Its an inferiority complex and should be shunned.

They control a 100 million people. Their political power is immense, hence why Somalis are so fearful of them. They carefully follow their every move, but not vice versa.

The oldest inscriptions were found in Sanaag, Somaliland.

lol its not the same, i was speaking about habeshis and they do not outnumber us so that isn't an excuse. Its an inferiority complex and should be shunned.

It's more to do with power and influence. When was the last time you ever heard of a Somali army in Addis Ababa? Or when was the last time you saw Somali generals interfering in xabashi politics? Now compare that to the meddling and interference of xabashis in our country. Compare that to their obsession with securing Djibouti.

The average xabashi might not care about Somalis or Somalia because they come from midgut villages in the mountains. They have a large peasant population. But the xabashi state is obsessed with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts