Somali script needs to be either updated (Latin script) or completely changed (indigenous)

Status
Not open for further replies.
{Citation needed}

Stop making baseless claims waryaa. Parts of Waqooyi Galbeed may have been controlled by Axum, but the origins of the culture & language are Ethio/Eritrea. Waqooyi galbeed was just their backyard...

Axum never controlled any part of Somalia, that's xabashi propaganda.

And I think @horumar has lost it. Get off the internet ninyow until you get your afur. That's either high grade trolling or hunger-delirium.

Sorry when? :mindblown:

I'm telling you not to claim Somaliland's heritage, don't be butthurt about it.

no one was claiming anything we don't even know it's true. you just put forth a claim about something with no proof and then started in on somalia, I was just explaining ancient Somali history is shared, not claiming no ancient Arabian language.

PAA originated most likely in Yemen, Cushitic split off into modern day Ethiopia, and Cushitic split off again into North and East, East split into lowland and highland, lowland east migrated from Ethiopia to Djibouti to Somaliland where it became Somali, then it spread down the coast. Somalia should not claim this, they have had different history, with the himyarites and the Iranians.

That's enough internet for today.

no one was claiming anything we don't even know it's true. you just put forth a claim about something with no proof and then started in on somalia, I was just explaining ancient Somali history is shared, not claiming no ancient Arabian language.

It was a hypothesis, and I provided evidence.

Axum never controlled any part of Somalia, that's xabashi propaganda.

And I think @horumar has lost it. Get off the internet ninyow until you get your afur. That's either high grade trolling or hunger-delirium.

This is what I was talking about earlier bro, he jumped at the opportunity to claim his ancestors were underneath habeshi rule (false), but completely lost it at the idea of sharing a history with his Somali brothers and sisters outside his region (which is true). Sad state of affairs.

And still he confidently persists, no shame.

@horumar I have to agree with others here since I too question why you're trying to politicise our history/common heritage by differentiating Somalis from SL and the south when we are one and the same.

@horumar I have to agree with others since I too question why you're trying to politicise our history/common heritage by trying to differentiate Somalis from SL and the south when we're one and the same.
:comeon:

Not all Somalis claim the Sultanates of Mogadishu, Adal, Ajuuraan, Warsangeli. Why should they claim the history of Somaliland?

:comeon:

Not all Somalis claim the Sultanates of Mogadishu, Adal, Ajuuraan, Warsangeli. Why should they claim the history of Somaliland?

I personally think all Somali history is for all Somali people to claim (because I'm not a tribalist bum with no self esteem). But if you can't understand the difference between these two examples of we're getting technical than there is no point in discussing any of it any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.