Somali men!

Faahiye

Male Male Male Male
what’s the silsila link?
@Nice,

It’s the lineage of a sufi order/Tariqa tracing back to the prophet. Sufism or tassawuf is a Science of Islam just like fiqh and aqeedah. It is not a sect. Sufi orders are analogous to the Madhabs in fiqh.

Best,

Faahiye

If she's still traumatized by it and it bothers her 24/7 then it's a no from me. Can't be dealing with women that are emotionally weak and unstable

@Nice,

It’s the lineage of a sufi order/Tariqa tracing back to the prophet. Sufism or tassawuf is a Science of Islam just like fiqh and aqeedah. It is not a sect. Sufi orders are analogous to the Madhabs in fiqh.

Best,

Faahiye

Why do you guys dance around in the mosque?

Faahiye

Male Male Male Male
Why do you guys dance around in the mosque?
@Nice,

I’m not a sufi but what your talking about are hadras which are group dhikr. Lots of sufi orders incorporate head movements and dancing. The ruling of such depends on the madhab they follow. Somalis are Shafi’is which view dancing as permissible so merely incorporating them into hadras is permissible. Keep in mind that this is also differed upon amongst Shafi’is. Some view it permissible, others view it as disliked but allowed if one has reached a stage of ecstasy and others view it impermissible regardless of the context.

Imam Ahmad relates from Anas (Allah be well pleased with him), with a chain of transmission all of whose narrators are those of Bukhari except Hammad ibn Salama, who is one of the narrators of Muslim, that

the Ethiopians danced in front of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace); dancing and saying [in their language], “Muhammad is a righteous servant.” The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, “What are they saying?” And they said, “‘Muhammad is a righteous servant’” (Musnad al-Imam Ahmad. 6 vols. Cairo 1313/1895. Reprint. Beirut: Dar Sadir,

Imam Jalal al-Din Suyuti was asked for a fatwa or formal legal opinion concerning “a group of Sufis who had gathered for a session of dhikr,” and he replied:

How can one condemn making dhikr while standing, or standing while making dhikr, when Allah Most High says, “. . . those who invoke Allah standing, sitting, and upon their sides” (Koran 3:191). And ‘A'isha (Allah be well pleased with her) said, “The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) used to invoke Allah at all of his times” [Sahih Muslim, 1.282: 373]. And if dancing is added to this standing, it may not be condemned, as it is of the joy of spiritual vision and ecstasy, and the hadith exists [in many sources, such as Musnad al-Imam Ahmad, 1.108, with a sound (hasan) chain of transmission] that Ja‘far ibn Abi Talib danced in front of the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) when the Prophet told him, “You resemble me in looks and in character,” dancing from the happiness he felt from being thus addressed, and the Prophet did not condemn him for doing so, this being a basis for the legal acceptability of the Sufis dancing from the joys of the ecstasies they experience (al-Hawi li al-fatawi. 2 vols. Cairo 1352/1933–34. Reprint. Beirut: Dar al-Kutub al-‘Ilmiyya, 1403/1983, 2.234).

Best,

Faahiye

All you guys are either lying or stupid. Thinking you're being virtuous, but all you're doing is playing a massive risk that they're stablem

@Nice,

I’m not a sufi but what your talking about are hadras which are group dhikr. Lots of sufi orders incorporate head movements and dancing. The ruling of such depends on the madhab they follow. Somalis are Shafi’is which view dancing as permissible so merely incorporating them into hadras is permissible. Keep in mind that this is also differed upon amongst Shafi’is. Some view it permissible, others view it as disliked but allowed if one has reached a stage of ecstasy and others view it impermissible regardless of the context.

Imam Ahmad relates from Anas (Allah be well pleased with him), with a chain of transmission all of whose narrators are those of Bukhari except Hammad ibn Salama, who is one of the narrators of Muslim, that

the Ethiopians danced in front of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace); dancing and saying [in their language], “Muhammad is a righteous servant.” The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, “What are they saying?” And they said, “‘Muhammad is a righteous servant’” (Musnad al-Imam Ahmad. 6 vols. Cairo 1313/1895. Reprint. Beirut: Dar Sadir,

Imam Jalal al-Din Suyuti was asked for a fatwa or formal legal opinion concerning “a group of Sufis who had gathered for a session of dhikr,” and he replied:

How can one condemn making dhikr while standing, or standing while making dhikr, when Allah Most High says, “. . . those who invoke Allah standing, sitting, and upon their sides” (Koran 3:191). And ‘A'isha (Allah be well pleased with her) said, “The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) used to invoke Allah at all of his times” [Sahih Muslim, 1.282: 373]. And if dancing is added to this standing, it may not be condemned, as it is of the joy of spiritual vision and ecstasy, and the hadith exists [in many sources, such as Musnad al-Imam Ahmad, 1.108, with a sound (hasan) chain of transmission] that Ja‘far ibn Abi Talib danced in front of the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) when the Prophet told him, “You resemble me in looks and in character,” dancing from the happiness he felt from being thus addressed, and the Prophet did not condemn him for doing so, this being a basis for the legal acceptability of the Sufis dancing from the joys of the ecstasies they experience (al-Hawi li al-fatawi. 2 vols. Cairo 1352/1933–34. Reprint. Beirut: Dar al-Kutub al-‘Ilmiyya, 1403/1983, 2.234).

Best,

Faahiye

Thanks walaal, I appreciate the time and effort put into this post.

Rape victims are broken ppl and is a serious burden to your marriage, honor and children.

You are better off marrying a divorcee with 5 children than a rape victim

Yes brother being with a rape victim is very challenging but also could be the greatest blessing from Allah

I know this is a kind of personal story to share on the internet but my ex wife was rapped when she was 9 by a family member. She was a practiced muslimah and from s religious household. She developed a lot of psychological issues because of it and was difficult to be intimate with .

Having sex with her was a horror. She would cry, resist and avoid making eye contact with me and i would get so mad at her and be like WTF nayaa ... wallahi i thought she was cheating on me or sum but when she told me, it changed everything thing for ever.

I just wanted to have a normal relationship, get laid hahaha and never deal with fucked up shit bro and be a therapist ya knw but Allah intended otherwise .

The choices we make in this dunya are dependent on Allah's WILL and the person you will meet is never random.

Allah may link you with a girl that went through the horrors of rape and intends through the experiences, to make you a compassionate and an understanding husband so that she could find peace and restore her faith in humanity through you.

Wallahi is a test

Yes brother being with a rape victim is very challenging but also could be the greatest blessing from Allah

I know this is a kind of personal story to share on the internet but my ex wife was rapped when she was 9 by a family member. She was a practiced muslimah and from s religious household. She developed a lot of psychological issues because of it and was difficult to be intimate with .

Having sex with her was a horror. She would cry, resist and avoid making eye contact with me and i would get so mad at her and be like WTF nayaa ... wallahi i thought she was cheating on me or sum but when she told me, it changed everything thing for ever.

I just wanted to have a normal relationship, get laid hahaha and never deal with fucked up shit bro and be a therapist ya knw but Allah intended otherwise .

The choices we make in this dunya are dependent on Allah's WILL and the person you will meet is never random.

Allah may link you with a girl that went through the horrors of rape and intends through the experiences, to make you a compassionate and an understanding husband so that she could find peace and restore her faith in humanity through you.

Wallahi is a test
Thank you for telling us this story. You're a good man ma sha Allah. Hopefully that might soften the hearts of some of these men who are still living in the stone age.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit

Wallahi is a test
What you said is very true and deep sxb. Alxamdulillah Im already happiliy married but I know what you mean. The thing is, Im the type that can not deep down love a woman that has been intimate with another man but that doesnt mean I hate them or wrong them. I can treat well and with dignity but It wont last and this is in regards to . Rape is even worse is a matter of honor. The problem wouldnt be her but it would be me.

My pride would prevent me from bonding walal and ruin the marriage

Sorry to hear about your Ex sxb

What you said is very true and deep sxb. Alxamdulillah Im already happiliy married but I know what you mean. The thing is, Im the type that can not deep down love a woman that has been intimate with another man but that doesnt mean I hate them or wrong them. I can treat well and with dignity but It wont last and this is in regards to . Rape is even worse is a matter of honor. The problem wouldnt be her but it would be me.

My pride would prevent me from bonding walal and ruin the marriage

Sorry to hear about your Ex sxb

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.