Somali Etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreeTwentyOne

It's too damn HOT!
•Never say 'heey' to any older Somali
•Must salaam every Somali you come in eye contact with.
•Never 'mhm' to any older Somali.

That's a few I can come up with.

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
What about when your mother calls you, and you reply 'What?' instead of 'Yes hooyo?'

I don't do it to be disrespectful, it's just comes more naturally to me.

U forgot to always offer guests shaah or food when they come to ur house. Also u have to eat/drink whatever is offered to u when ur a guest because otherwise you're going to come off as ride

:dwill: you abide by these?

I do lmao don't tell me u don't make eye contact and say salam whenever u pass an ayeyo or adeer in the streets? It's common sense

Genie

The last suugo bender
wear modest clothes around habaryaros or else off to hooyo they go . For some reason that gets under their skin.

A woman must not eat before her man
A woman must only eat the humbo of her husband
A man may not enter the kitchen
These are some old somali traditions

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
I do lmao don't tell me u don't make eye contact and say salam whenever u pass an ayeyo or adeer in the streets? It's common sense

Eye contact, a slight nod of the head, a low raise of the hand and a salam. I usually always approach an ayeyo and ask if she needs help with something, if I see her out alone. Their English isn't that great so they usually need help.

Genie

The last suugo bender
You want to wear a mini skirt when you're with your habaryaro :susp:
They should tell your mom of course if you're dressing like a

*rolls eyes* don't assume anything dip shit , even wearing skinny jeans under my abaya i would be told off. especially when i would lift my abaya to avoid tripping and they spot my skinny jeans.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Never refer to your mother as "ayada" when referring to her in third person :ivers:
I learned that the hard way :mjcry:

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
*rolls eyes*
Oh....you're one of those users.
nervously-drinking-water.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending