Somali Eid in Vermont

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duches how did they contribute to the civil war? Warent they the ones being oppressed for your info they warent Hawiye and infact their labour was equivalent to slavery.
Secondly even though their population has increased so wat?
ya wasmadha idhin dhiidhey?

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Duches how did they contribute to the civil war? Warent they the ones being oppressed for your info they warent Hawiye and infact their labour was equivalent to slavery.
Secondly even though their population has increased so wat?
ya wasmadha idhin dhiidhey?

Are you going to sit here and pretend like Kamasle was a myth?:drakewtf: It was real and I know people who suffered at the hands of Bantus. You can't absolve their guilt by saying the USC used them and their membership was 'equivalent to slave labor '. Their hands are bloodied just like everyone else's.

I brought up the point about their population growing exponentially to highlight the fact that they have been able to survive and flourish in the brutal south for over 2 decades, but you want us to believe they haven't participated in armed conflict. Even ethnic Somalis have been forced to leave the chaotic south to seek refuge in Kenya, but the innocent, humane, Bantus have survived untouched.:childplease:

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
If you were born on or after 1 January 1983, you’ll be a British citizen if your mother or father was either:

• a British citizen when you were born
  • ‘settled’ in the UK when you were born
https://www.gov.uk/types-of-british-nationality/british-citizenship

And by the way, we are not talking about people who migrated to Somalia decades or even 100 years ago. We are talking about Somali Arabs and Bantus whose parents, grandparents and grate-grandparents were Somalis. If we have to come up with some new laws now that say people who moved/were brought from other countries into Somalia couple of centuries ago are no longer Somalis then how about we go further and say Somalis who do not have a certain distinctive Somali accent are not real Somalis and have to find out where their forefathers were originally from and f*ck off? Because when shit like that starts it just won't stop there.

You can't really be comparing Somali minorities to economic/humanitarian migrants to the West now, can you? People, specially Somali Bantus (some Somali Yemenis at least know even which cities in Yemen where their families were from originally), don't even know which African countries their forefathers were from, let alone cities. So, to the people (who themselves are now in foreign countries and will probably never return to Somalia) who are beating the drums for the eradication of minorities like the Bantus, where do they think they should be returned to?

I can't believe I am even discussing this madness! :francis:

Do you think somalis in Yemen who've lived just as long in Yemen if not longer are allowed to call themselves Yemeni?

Do you think somalis who live in Bantu countries are accepted? Even The ones in Kenya are suffering in their own motherland.
Eg: not yet Kenyan

I personally think Madow are somali and we need to treat EVERYONE better not just them. In Bantu countries somalis don't even get 1/5 if the humanity that we treat them with.

First of all, I am not Ciddhartha nor do I speak for his views so you have to take that up with him. Secondly, why bring new Bantus, Arabs, Pakistanis or whatever in now? We are not talking about bringing new people into the country but treating the citizens of the country who were born and lived in the country all their lives, whether they are Bantus, Arabs or Indians. As long as someone was born in Somalia, they and their parents lived in the country and consider themselves Somalis then to me they are Somalis. The question is, do you and your ilks, the ones who want the Arabization of Somalia, accept all those people as Somalis, regardless of whether their forefathers were brought in as slaves (some bullshit story that could never be confirmed, but repeatedly used by the Arab apologists) or not? If you don't have any problem with that then I don't.

What won't fly with me is when people like you try too hard to push certain communities aside and treat them harshly while you're all nice and "brotherly" towards others. If you are an ethnic Arab, as in a Somali person whose parents are Arabs then come out and say it. Don't hide behind the bullshit you tend to throw around here and make Somalis as ethnic Arabs while disrespecting others because of their skin color, you hypocrite bastard! We are not Arabs. Yes, we have Somali communities of Arab origins and I consider them 100 % Somalis. Also, I consider Somali Bantus 100 % Somalis. Don't choose one side over the other.

1. I've noticed how you don't even take one minute out of your day to challenge Ciddhartha and his reprehensible views, arguing for "the Bantu colonization of Somalia"....as he would put it. You've said absolutely nothing, which is very telling on your part.

2. Stop with your double standards. If you believe that it's valid to consider Tanzanian Bantus as "Somalis" simply by virtue of them being in the country, then we should also extend the same courtesy towards Germans who have lived in Russia for 2 centuries, Koreans who have lived in Japan for generations, and Arabs who have lived in Persia for generations. But no, these specific groups are considered what they are. They do not lose their ethnic identity regardless of how long they've lived in such-and-such country. Even the Kurds who live in the Middle East are still considered "Kurdish" and they're not considered Turkish/Iraqi/Syrian/Iranian. They're Kurds, they will always be Kurds and nothing you can say will change this fact. But then you want to take liberties with defining as to who's a Somali and who's not, with absolutely zero respect for the thousands of years of history that defines the Somali ethnic group. You're willingly throwing away the fact that Somalis as a people have existed for thousands of years, and that arbitrarily redefining who's a Somali and who isn't shows the monumental arrogance/ignorance on your part.

You think you're being compassionate by granting these people "Somali" status, but what you're doing is the exact opposite of being compassionate. If you had any integrity, you could have just said that the Bantus of Somalia are a part and parcel of Somali society, but that they're an ethnic minority with their own subculture/history that is thoroughly distinct from actual ethnic Somalis. You would have argued for a political system that accommodates the different ethnic groups of Somalia, rather than suppressing it. In India and in Ethiopia, the countries have set up a system that accommodates for the ethnic divisions in the country. Ethiopia has several federal states set up for the Oromo, Tigray, Amhara, Afar and other ethnic groups. So does India when they accommodate for the Tamils, the Punjabis, the Gujaratis, the Telugu, and other ethnic groups that comprise India.

Either Somalia is a multi-ethnic country or it's not. If you refuse to accept the fact that Somalia belongs to and is the sole right of the Somali ethnic group, then you could have just argued that we change the name of the country completely to reflect the ethnic diversity within it....and then set up a system such that exists in Ethiopia/India where we accommodate for these differences.

3. Don't resort to making up lies about me you worthless produce-seller. I am an ethnic Somali of the MJ clan, I've said so hundreds of times on somnet and even on Somalispot. I don't have a single drop of Arabic blood in me and I'm very proud of that fact, and not once did I ever argue that Arabs who live in Somalia are "Somalis". They are Yemenis. And them residing in Somalia and speaking Af-Somali doesn't change the reality that they're Yemeni and always will be.

Notice how SomaliSpotter is so full of shit that he actually resorted to making up lies about me in order to defame me.

Somalispotter,

Who the f*ck gave you the right to dishonor me? Who do you think you are?

My parents lived in London for almost 30 years and I was born in London, does that make me English? :kanyehmm:

According to this guy, you are indeed an ethnic Englishman.

And if a Somali moves to Japan and lives there all his life, then he becomes an ethnic Japanese.

This is how ridiculous Somalispotter and his ilk are, they want to play with definitions and single-handedly redefine what a Somali is. It's downright comical.

U

uncleruckus

This thread just goes to show you that the sickness with in the Somali's goes deeper then one can fathom, forget the Bantu's there are way bigger problem's then Somali bantus what can you expect from a people who's own family members 1st cousins will kill each other, a problem that is arising of late Diasporas going back to the motherland and getting killed either out of jealousy or because of the Sin's of the father by their own blood relatives, dad aan unaxeeyniin dadkooyd ma dad kaleey unaaxa yo wa maya

:wtf: What on earth do you mean 'If i was Bantu would I claim to be Somali'? Do you even know who we are talking about here? Somali Bantus are not guests. They just didn't show up yesterday as guests or economic immigrants. They live and lived in many states in Southern Somalia all their lives and that is the only country they have and know. Since they somehow look differently from the majority of other Somalis so they are not Somalis anymore?

No wonder Somalia is in a deep shit. I don't know what I was expecting from people who worship tribalism like their god and treat other Somalis like the Midgaans and Madhibaans etc as inferior and look down on them. :trash:

1. We don't view anyone as inferior. I've argued against racial inferiority on numerous occasions on Somali forums. As a matter of fact, you are the one who subconsciously looks at them as inferior by having this condescending and a "I feel sorry for you" attitude towards them.

2. They don't "somehow look different." They look different because they are different, in the same way that a White Norwegian looks different than a Greek. In the same way that a Chinese man looks different from a Cambodian. They look different because they are different you low-IQ cornball. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being different and this is how God made them, so why don't you have some fucking integrity and recognize this fact (that they're a completely different ethnic group with their own customs/culture/history), instead of playing around with definitions and calling them Somali when they're really not?

3. The Arabs who've lived in Xamarweyne for centuries are not Somali and will never be Somali, regardless of how long they live there. At least I'm consistent and don't play around with definitions, unlike your worthless self.

This thread just goes to show you that the sickness with in the Somali's goes deeper then one can fathom, forget the Bantu's there are way bigger problem's then Somali bantus what can you expect from a people who's own family members 1st cousins will kill each other, a problem that is arising of late Diasporas going back to the motherland and getting killed either out of jealousy or because of the Sin's of the father by their own blood relatives, dad aan unaxeeyniin dadkooyd ma dad kaleey unaaxa yo wa maya

Qabiilism is a curse and a disease, propagated by tribalistic secular Somalis such as Afweyne, Aideed, AY, and that entire ilk. Yes our country and people have deep problems, but we don't need people like "UncleRuckus" to tell us about it. Thank you very much.

U

uncleruckus

Notice how SomaliSpotter is so full of shit that he actually resorted to making up lies about me in order to defame me.

Somalispotter,

Who the f*ck gave you the right to dishonor me? Who do you think you are?

You deserve to be dishonored and more Kalab yahow grown folk's are discussing here shoo shoo
Qabiilism is a curse and a disease, propagated by tribalistic secular Somalis such as Afweyne, Aideed, AY, and that entire ilk. Yes our country and people have deep problems, but we don't need people like "UncleRuckus" to tell us about it. Thank you very much.

looolz secularism really push your buttons huh uhuh yes it does ahaha come come give papa bear a hug kalab yahow :sureman:

Last edited by a moderator:
:wtf: What on earth do you mean 'If i was Bantu would I claim to be Somali'? Do you even know who we are talking about here? Somali Bantus are not guests. They just didn't show up yesterday as guests or economic immigrants. They live and lived in many states in Southern Somalia all their lives and that is the only country they have and know. Since they somehow look differently from the majority of other Somalis so they are not Somalis anymore?

No wonder Somalia is in a deep shit. I don't know what I was expecting from people who worship tribalism like their god and treat other Somalis like the Midgaans and Madhibaans etc as inferior and look down on them. :trash:

they were never somalis, they only started calling themselves "somali bantu", in 1991.

if you guys feel theyre somali than theres no need to even mention the word "bantu",

U

uncleruckus

People like Uncleruckus ruffles your delicate feathers Kaafiye and i tell my mind to who ever i want and feel like that why it's a form, a platform to discuss and share what ever by whom ever you don't like it you know where the exit is at >> :mybusiness:

they were never somalis, they only started calling themselves "somali bantu", in 1991.

if you guys feel theyre somali than theres no need to even mention the word "bantu",

they didnt even call themselves that. they called themselves Mushunguli. The NGOs around the early 2000s called them Somali bantu.
The name stuck!

I prefer calling them Mushungulis.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you were born on or after 1 January 1983, you’ll be a British citizen if your mother or father was either:

• a British citizen when you were born
  • ‘settled’ in the UK when you were born
https://www.gov.uk/types-of-british-nationality/british-citizenship

And by the way, we are not talking about people who migrated to Somalia decades or even 100 years ago. We are talking about Somali Arabs and Bantus whose parents, grandparents and grate-grandparents were Somalis. If we have to come up with some new laws now that say people who moved/were brought from other countries into Somalia couple of centuries ago are no longer Somalis then how about we go further and say Somalis who do not have a certain distinctive Somali accent are not real Somalis and have to find out where their forefathers were originally from and f*ck off? Because when shit like that starts it just won't stop there.

You can't really be comparing Somali minorities to economic/humanitarian migrants to the West now, can you? People, specially Somali Bantus (some Somali Yemenis at least know even which cities in Yemen where their families were from originally), don't even know which African countries their forefathers were from, let alone cities. So, to the people (who themselves are now in foreign countries and will probably never return to Somalia) who are beating the drums for the eradication of minorities like the Bantus, where do they think they should be returned to?

I can't believe I am even discussing this madness! :francis:

I never said Bantu's should relocate anywhere or to be treated differently, I just disagreed with you saying Bantu's are Somali's. Thank you for confirming that I'm British and not English. Someone can be British after 3-5 years depending on their situation. You

I remember when Micheal Jackson died and listening to the news, they said "the 50 year old Afro-american died last night" I was shocked, I never heard them describe him like that. He was always described as the King of pop, but when it was all said and done they made it clear, even though his family have lived in America for hundreds of years. He even tried to be white by coloring himself white, he sold half a billion of albums...not good enough it seems. Yes they can be Bantu Somali's or Somali Bantu's but not just Somali.

The reason why Bantu's can't trace their roots is because they have conformed, they have adopted the Somali lifestyle, I'm guessing they never valued or celebrated their uniqueness. The Shanshi in the other hand celebrate and flaunt their difference from main stream Somali. My Shanshi friend always says "our" girls look better, you think
a Bantu as the balls to say that?

They're going to need a few Bantu Malcolm X's before they are truly accepted in my opinion.

The reason why Bantu's can't trace their roots is because they have conformed, they have adopted the Somali lifestyle, I'm guessing they never valued or celebrated their uniqueness. The Shanshi in the other hand celebrate and flaunt their difference from main stream Somali. My Shanshi friend always says "our" girls look better, you think
a Bantu as the balls to say that?

They're going to need a few Bantu Malcolm X's before they are truly accepted in my opinion.

Actually according to organizations reports bantu groups can trace their roots. Majority of bantus have retained their culture, language and tribal names.
Many in Somalia go by their bantu tribal identities.They have retained their ancestral social structures.

its the pressure from NGOs and somali SJWs (radicals) trying to assimilate them inconsideratley that is causing them to lose connection to their heritage.

They think they are being compasionate in doing so, but they are in effect destroying Ethnic Somalis and the Bantus in the process.

Actually according to organizations reports both groups can trace their roots. Majority of bantus have retained their culture, language and tribal names.
Many in Somalia go by their bantu tribal identities.They have retained their ancestral social structures.

its the pressure from NGOs and somali SJWs (radicals) trying to assimilate them inconsideratley that is causing them to lose connection to their heritage.

They think they are being compasionate in doing so, but they are in effect destroying Ethnic Somalis and the Bantus in the process.

Exactly, these people are too short-sighted to see that they're effectively destroying two ethnic groups by pushing this policy. Neither the Bantus nor the Somalis benefit from such an arrangement.

The Bantus should stick to their own heritage and the Somalis should stick to theirs. We should appreciate the differences that God gave us, separate into our own national/cultural groupings, yet still be Muslim brothers with them. In the same way that I look at the Arab Muslims, the Indian Muslims, the Nigerian Muslims, etc.

Exactly, these people are too short-sighted to see that they're effectively destroying two ethnic groups by pushing this policy. Neither the Bantus nor the Somalis benefit from such an arrangement.

The Bantus should stick to their own heritage and the Somalis should stick to theirs. We should appreciate the differences that God gave us, separate into our own national/cultural groupings, yet still be Muslim brothers with them. In the same way that I look at the Arab Muslims, the Indian Muslims, the Nigerian Muslims, etc.

Their women though :damedamn::banderas:

Did you not watch the video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending