Somali aabo pimping out his daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor

The name is Professor, Haji Professor
Wallahi I am feed up with woman's victim mentally. 'Somalia is not a good place for women somalia is this , are culture is this, this is bad and the culture istoxic and needs to be stopped wallahi I am so grateful, thank the white people for allowing me to live here'. If u not going to do anything then shut up and move on:camby:. The women of my mother generation are such much better then these qashin:farmajoyaab:

What to do if the Gaalo west gets sick of Muslims and immigrants? This whole multiculturalism experiment is a ticking time bomb, i give it another 15 years max before it blows up :hillarybiz:
I'll go to the nearest friendly country. :manny:
I'm currently in the process of making myself as useful as I can, so I won't be a beggar wherever I go. unless Somalia undergoes a major cultural overhaul, 2 months was enough.

VixR

Veritas
What to do if the Gaalo west gets sick of Muslims and immigrants? This whole multiculturalism experiment is a ticking time bomb, i give it another 15 years max before it blows up :hillarybiz:
Even if the West implodes next year, I'm taking my chances here.

It is not just about forced arrange marriages, a Somali girl or woman was and is more socially shackled back home than she is in the West.

Our culture is misogynistic. Some people like to glorify Somali culture before the Civil War but ask yourselves what percentage of the Somali population were sophisticated city dwellers? Do you lot honestly believe that the patriarchal Somali culture that has its roots in our nomadic past was magically transformed during the early post-colonial period and the Kacaan era? Even in the industrially advanced and relatively socially liberal Western societies of the late 19th cenury and early 20th century, female emancipation was a gradual elite-driven process that spanned decades, if not a century.

It cannot be argued that just because some Somali women had their hair uncovered, wore less layers during the Kacaan era and started to lead more active lives in society they were no longer subjected to patriarchal social controls. The truth is that their social freedoms were limited; they were not the equal of men.

VixR is right on the money but y'all need an essay to understand where she is coming from.

It appears that nationalistic sentiments and subjective experiences can blind people to the truth.:gucciwhat:

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
I'll go to the nearest friendly country. :manny:
I'm currently in the process of making myself as useful as I can, so I won't be a beggar wherever I go. unless Somalia undergoes a major cultural overhaul, 2 months was enough.

True nomad through and through:siilaanyosmile:

A woman without a homeland moving from place to place until she finds a friendly environment. Truly tragic.

I doubt Somalia will ever fix its male dominated culture, even if it ever gets stable and wealthy :manny:

How so :damnmusic:

let's just say, I thank god every day for my gaalo country. they can be hostile all they want, but I would never exchange places. it only took me two months in that country to realise, its not a place for a woman:manny:

If you don't care, it doesn't matter. :manny:
I'm talking about a feeling that we look down on them, it comes off in how we interact.
Ain't nobody asking you to exchange places, people have moved on, they could care less.

They believe majority of western raised Somali girls lost their deen, culture, virginity and honor.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Damn, don't turn this into a gender war - just an observation.
The difference between us and the average city dweller is smaller then you'd think though so its not even about that.

VixR

Veritas
It is not just about forced arrange marriages, a Somali girl or woman was and is more socially shackled back home than she is in the West.

Our culture is misogynistic. Some people like to glorify Somali culture before the Civil War but ask yourselves what percentage of the Somali population were sophisticated city dwellers? Do you lot honestly believe that the patriarchal Somali culture that has its roots in our nomadic past was magically transformed during the early post-colonial period and the Kacaan era? Even in the industrially advanced and relatively socially liberal Western societies of the late 19th cenury and early 20th century, female emancipation was a gradual elite-driven process that spanned decades, if not a century.

It cannot be argued that just because some Somali women had their hair uncovered, wore less layers during the Kacaan era and started to lead more active lives in society they were no longer subjected to patriarchal social controls. The truth is that their social freedoms were limited; they were not the equal of men.

VixR is right on the money but y'all need an essay to understand where she is coming from.

It appears that nationalistic sentiments and subjective experiences can blind people to the truth.:gucciwhat:
They make me out to be the liar, but I too had to swallow the bitter pill. However ugly, the truth is the truth. Stop it with the act and bs, please.

True nomad through and through:siilaanyosmile:

A woman without a homeland moving from place to place until she finds a friendly environment. Truly tragic.

I doubt Somalia will ever fix its male dominated culture, even if it ever gets stable and wealthy :manny:
well, then a Nomad I will be.

If you don't care, it doesn't matter. :manny:
I'm talking about a feeling that we look down on them, it comes off in how we interact.
Ain't nobody asking you to exchange places, people have moved on, they could care less.
i dont look down on them :draketf:

I just feel sorry for them. they might not know better which is good for them I guess but it's a pretty shitty place to be:manny:

Thry make me out to be the liar, but I too had to swallow the bitter pill. However ugly, the truth is the truth.

I feel ya walal.

I am starting to find out that speaking the truth about Somali society or history on Somalispot can make one feel like a Salem 'witch' in colonial Massachusetts.:mjcry:

VixR

Veritas
I feel ya walal.

I am starting to find out that speaking the truth about Somali society or history on Somalispot can make one feel like a Salem 'witch' in colonial Massachusetts.:mjcry:
The behavior is not so much strange as the audience. I'd maybe understand if they were some of our fathers' peers, but this the young, supposedly rational generation that was supposed to be the engine.
You used to be a Somali nationalist? :cosbyhmm:
Nationalists are the most willfully blind people you'll ever meet. I'm not a nationalist if it means denying the facts on the ground.

Just now you negated that change would ever come and sooner condemned the female sex to a life of nomadic exile :mjlol:

That is the extent of your 'nationalism'

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Nationalists are the most willfully blind people you'll ever meet. I'm not a nationalist if it means denying the facts on the ground.

Just now you negated that change would ever come and sooner condemned the female sex to a life of nomadic exile :mjlol:

That is the extent of your 'nationalism'

I'm not a denier of anything. Misogyny is an issue in Somalia. Just being realistic. I don't like it, but male dominated culture and Islam go hand in hand. That's not going anywhere :zhqjlmx:

VixR

Veritas
I'm not a denier of anything. Misogyny is an issue in Somalia. Just being realistic. I don't like it, but male dominated culture and Islam go hand in hand. That's not going anywhere :zhqjlmx:
Fact: Somali culture itself is misogynistic outside Islam. Islam is the scapegoat; even if it gives power to that sort of cultural behavior, there's a wide spectrum on how it affects different cultures. Somali religiosity is shaky at best.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Fact: Somali culture itself is misogynistic outside Islam. Islam is the scapegoat; even if it gives power to that sort of cultural behavior, there's a spectrum on how it affects different cultures. Somali religiosity is shaky at best.

Culture doesn't live in a vacuum. Islamic values had a great effect on it, clearly.

Do you honestly believe Somalia will grow to be an equal society someday? I highly doubt it. So nomadic exile it is for those who want it.

VixR

Veritas
Culture doesn't live in a vacuum. Islamic values had a great effect on it, clearly.

Do you honestly believe Somalia will grow to be a equal society someday? I highly doubt it. So nomadic exile it is for those who want it
I think you overestimate the 'great effect' of Islam on Somali culture.

What, do you seriously think the culture was equitable, and Islam came and ruined that? The culture was there!

If anything, there are saner elements of the religion that remain ignored in favor of culture.

It's one thing to admit the status quo, but to continue in that trend as a self-proclaimed nationalist sends its own message.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
I think you overestimate the 'great effect' of Islam on Somali culture.

What, do you seriously think the culture was equitable, and Islam came and ruined that? The culture was there!

If anything, there are saner elements of the religion that remain ignored in favor of culture.

What we call Somali culture has never lived independently of Islam. The two are intertwined. But yeah, some parts of the religion are ignored.

You didn't answer my question though, will Somalia become an equal society someday? You seem to have an issue with me "condemning" Sahersi to a life of exile, but really i'm just being realistic.

The behavior is not so much strange as the audience. I'd maybe understand if they were our fathers' peers, but this the young, supposedly rational generation that was supposed to be the engine.

You overestimate human beings. Very few people are able to take off their biased hats. Even the few that do are not comlpletely impartial when the subject being discussed is too close to home.

VixR

Veritas
What we call Somali culture has never lived independently of Islam. The two are intertwined. But yeah, some parts of the religion are ignored.

You didn't answer my question though, will Somalia become an equal society someday? You seem to have an issue with me "condemning" Sahersi to a life of exile, but really i'm just being realistic.
Somali culture has lived independently of Islam. The literacy rate in Somalia was never par, and it was dismantled too young. Heck, there are mi' who don't know how to pray the 5 or basic Islamic knowledge to this day. Again, I honestly think you greatly exaggerate Islam being the culprit.

As for being realistic, I don't know that it's realistic, expecting that now is certainly unrealistic, but the attitude in itself in the longterm and even in times of prosperity certainly bespeaks something. My perspective is to call it like it is. I'm tired of the constant glossing on here. Any change after that, if at all, could only come from the locals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts