Somali aabo pimping out his daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a bahal, literally. But I never took you to be PC, so why are you pretending?

To think it was a war that saved me from an abysmally shitty existence. Can you imagine the conflict in that knowledge, and how sobering it is. I'm well aware.

Lol, are you implying that Somali women before the war and Somali women after the war share the same circumstances? That shows how little you know about your country. Or did your parents not tell you a thing about pre-civil war Somalia?

I can't speak for you, but women in pre-war Somalia had freedoms and rights that current Somali females could only dream of. My own mother and aunts refused marriages left, right and centre. They were allowed, like many girls at the time, to continue education and find a career. The war turned Somalis from a largely secular and loosely religious people into a poorly educated, highly superstitious and conservative people.

Nowadays, Somali girls are considered as nothing more than brood-mares.

Lol, are you implying that Somali women before the war and Somali women after the war share the same circumstances? That shows how little you know about your country. Or did your parents not tell you a thing about pre-civil war Somalia?

I can't speak for you, but women in pre-war Somalia had freedoms and rights that current Somali females could only dream of. My own mother and aunts refused marriages left, right and centre. They were allowed, like many girls at the time, to continue education and find a career. The war turned Somalis from a largely secular and loosely religious people into a poorly educated, highly superstitious and conservative people.

Aren't you both self proclaimed "landers"? what is this one second you're a separate country and suddenly it's "somalia"?

2. Don't be fooled by propaganda put out by the those were the day crowd the circumstances in that regard are largely the same.

third nothing wrong with being religious at least their thinking about their akhira

Aren't you both self proclaimed "landers"? what is this one second you're a separate country and suddenly it's "somalia"?

2. Don't be fooled by propaganda put out by the those were the day crowd the circumstances in that regard are largely the same.

1. We are a separate country, but obviously before the war the Somali Republic was one country. What has Somali politics got to do with my post?:drakewtf:

2. I'm not being fooled by anyone, why would my relatives lie to me about somalia before the war? Especially when pictures and sources actually back up their stories. The Somalis of.today and the ones in the 1950/60/70/80s are two different breeds.

Also, Vixr is from Somaliland?:what1:

Last edited:
1. We are a separate country, but obviously before the war obviously the Somali Republic was on country. What has Somali politics got to do with my post?:drakewtf:

2. I'm not being fooled by anyone, why would my relatives lie to me about somalia before the war? Especially when pictures and sources actually back up their stories. The Somalis of.today and the ones in the 1950/60/70/80s are two different breeds.

Also, Vixr is from Somaliland?:what1:

People like to gloss over the negative. What they really miss is being in their own country.

Well I don't think cultural marriage practices were different during that period at least. Because that's around the time most mothers got married and do you think most Somali mothers weren't as you said?

VixR

Veritas

Listen, I'm not talking out of my ass. My friend had a female judge for a grandmother so I'm aware there were gradations, but those were the advantaged few FACT, not the average Somali woman pre-civil war. It's not just nowadays, it's always been that way. It's culture.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Listen, I'm not talking out of my ass. My friend had a female judge for a grandmother so I'm aware there were gradations, but those were the advantaged few FACT, not the average Somali woman pre-civil war. It's not just nowadays, it's always been that way. It's culture.
That usually happened in the badiyo. The Somali women who were born in the cities, who were educated, they had jobs and a lot more freedom than the women who live in Muqdisho or other Somali cities today. I've never heard of city girls getting married off forcibly. That never happened and if it happened which was rare the dad would be jailed.

VixR

Veritas
That usually happened in the badiyo. The Somali women who were born in the cities, who were educated, they had jobs and a lot more freedom than the women who live in Muqdisho or other Somali cities.
:mjlol:
I've never heard of city girls getting married off forcibly. That never happened and if it happened which was rare the dad would be jailed.
Don't kill me, Reiko:drakekidding:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
:mjlol:

Don't kill me, Reiko:drakekidding:

:ayaanswag:
I'm serious, I've never heard of Somali women who were born and raised in Muqdisho forced to get married. I don't know where you're hearing these stories. And women did have a lot of freedom, according to my hooyo's photo albums, the wardrobe, hair, accessories, and university campus... Women in Somalia today can only dream about those days.

:mahubowtf:

VixR

Veritas
:ayaanswag:
I'm serious, I've never heard of Somali women who were born and raised in Muqdisho forced to get married. I don't know where you're hearing these stories. And women did have a lot of freedom, according to my hooyo's photo albmus, the wardrobe, hair, accessories, and university campus... Women in Somalia today can only dream about those days.

:mahubowtf:
You don't even see the fallacy in your statements. Accessories. To compare a 30 year warzone to a peaceful Somalia is facile, sis.

You should see the stunning pictures of my own mother, the clothes she was in and her long flowing hair, and manicures. But I'm talking about the culture, not the fashionable clothing some had.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Pimping out his daughter in the coffee shop like

tenor.gif

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
You don't even see the fallacy in your statements. Accessories. To compare a 30 year warzone to a peaceful Somalia is facile, sis.

You should see the stunning pictures of my own mother, the clothes she was in and her long flowing hair, and manicures. But I'm talking about the culture, not the fashionable clothing some had.

Question. Do you think forced marriages and abuse of women was more or less common before the war?

VixR

Veritas
Seemed like you were implying something else, my bad :kanyeshrug:
I wasn't implying, but stating that the culture isn't and wasn't kind to women. In times of war, that becomes amplified.

It's ridiculous to compare material comforts from pre-civil war to the war era of today. That hasn't anything to do with culture!

I can only speak for my own family and there was 1 case out of my 20 some odd aunts who got married in the 1960's-80's and none in the current generation.

Were a majority of father's practicing it? It doesn't seem like it but a case here and there can add up.

It's hard to speak definitively on either side because we're all relying on our own limited/non-existent experiences.
Somewhere between acting like everything was perfect and thinking things were terrible for everyone is the truth.

I disagree with the idea that because people had their hair out and colourful outfits that means that there was no forced marriages. If anything forced marriages seemed to have decreased simply based on the progression of time, the fathers of today grew up in a different time then our grandfathers.

wallahay you read my mind. I can only feel sorry for the girls left behind in that hellhole.

Believe me, the pity goes both way, even the most destitute would think of herself as better then a western Somali woman. :ftw9nwa:
But honestly, how can we interact with the women back home from a place of feeling sorry for them? I used to question some of the hostility they had towards us but I'm starting to understand it.

Believe me, the pity goes both way, even the most destitute would think of herself as better then a western Somali woman. :ftw9nwa:
But honestly, how can we interact with our sisters from a place of feeling sorry for them? I used to question some of the hostility they had towards us but I'm starting to understand it

How so :damnmusic:

let's just say, I thank god every day for my gaalo country. they can be hostile all they want, but I would never exchange places. it only took me two months in that country to realise, its not a place for a woman:manny:

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
How so :damnmusic:

let's just say, I thank god every day for my gaalo country. they can be hostile all they want, but I would never exchange places. it only took me two months in that country to realise, its not a place for a woman:manny:

What to do if the Gaalo west gets sick of Muslims and immigrants? This whole multiculturalism experiment is a ticking time bomb, i give it another 15 years max before it blows up :hillarybiz:

But honestly, how can we interact with the women back home from a place of feeling sorry for them? I used to question some of the hostility they had towards us but I'm starting to understand it.

They believe majority of western raised Somali girls lost their deen, culture, virginity and honor.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.