So...this happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arab guy: Takalam carabi?
Me: No.
Arab guy: So you aren't Muslim?
Me:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Arab guy: I thought you were Sumaali?

Me: I am.

Arab Guy: So why you no speak Arabic?:dwill:
Me: Because I speak Somali. Somalis don't speak Arabic.:drakewtf:

Arab guy: I heard Somalis speak hundreds of languages in your country.

Me: Not really. We only speak one - Somali.

Arab Guy: Yes I heard that the north and south speak different languages and have different people and cultures.

Me:

Arab guy: We used to have our own language too until the Arabs came.:jcoleno:

Me: Where you from?

Arab guy: Alexandria, Egypt. We built the pyramids, now we make falafels.:kendrickcry:
Me: Cool.:ehh:

Arab guy: Where are you from?

Me: Hargeisa.

Arab guy: Is that near Djibouti?
*chuckles to himself at Djibouti name*

Me:

He got the idea that Somalis speak Arabic because the Somalis in the UK are bootyclappers and will throw in random Arabic words when speaking to Arabs and have a collection box for Gaza and Syria

I can't blame him for being confused.

CorpseBride

Pardon my enthusiasm
I mean don't flatter yourself this happens to all Somalis. Just shut the Bedouin down. Let him know you're not a terroirst.

VixR

Veritas
I'm impressed he himself acknowledged his pre-Islamic heritage, and that he's Arabized. The entire populace was speaking the Coptic language, a language descended from ancient Egyptian, before the 7th century Islamic conquest of Egypt, but its now only spoken by a small minority of Egyptian Coptic Christians. Arabic took over as the main spoken language when its writing system was adopted through Islamization.

He got the idea that Somalis speak Arabic because the Somalis worldwide are bootyclappers and will throw in random Arabic words when speaking to Arabs and have a collection box for Gaza and Syria

I can't blame him for being confused.
:chrisfreshhah:
Fixed that for you.

waraabe

Your superior
Nothing wrong with what the Arab mudane said
:mjswag:

There are cultural and language differences between somaliland and Somalia and we must respect them :ohhhdamn:

:chrisfreshhah:
Fixed that for you.

No. The Somalis in the UK are a different kind of Somali. You will see them wearing Arabic clothing while at the grocery store but never a macawiis. A lot are also into Arabic music. This is where the myth of Arab origins of Somalis was really promoted and became too unbridled to address.

It's ground zero for Arab bootyclappery.

dont blame him, arab bootyclappers are rally good at persuading people they're arabs. infact there was a somali kenyan in my school that always had arguments to people that somalis are descendants of yemenis and most arabs believed him.

No. The Somalis in the UK are a different kind of Somali. You will see them wearing Arabic clothing while at the grocery store but never a macawiis. A lot are also into Arabic music. This is where the myth of Arab origins of Somalis was really promoted and was became too unbridled to address.

It's ground zero for Arab bootyclappery.

Minnesota

Toronto

:camby:

Nothing wrong with what the Arab mudane said
:mjswag:

There are cultural and language differences between somaliland and Somalia and we must respect them :ohhhdamn:

Walaahi I was thinking of you when he said North and south Somalis are different ethnicities.:chrisfreshhah:

Somalilanders getting strong with their propaganda.:mjlol:

Dire Dewa's son

Malik Obama 4 president.
Arab guy: Takalam carabi?
Me: No.
Arab guy: So you aren't Muslim?
Me:
Arab guy: I thought you were Sumaali?

Me: I am.

Arab Guy: So why you no speak Arabic?:dwill:
Me: Because I speak Somali. Somalis don't speak Arabic.:drakewtf:

Arab guy: I heard Somalis speak hundreds of languages in your country.

Me: Not really. We only speak one - Somali.

Arab Guy: Yes I heard that the north and south speak different languages and have different people and cultures.

Me:

Arab guy: We used to have our own language too until the Arabs came.:jcoleno:

Me: Where you from?

Arab guy: Alexandria, Egypt. We built the pyramids, now we make falafels.:kendrickcry:
Me: Cool.:ehh:

Arab guy: Where are you from?

Me: Hargeisa.

Arab guy: Is that near Djibouti?
*chuckles to himself at Djibouti name*

Me:

Don't buy in to all these SJW fantasies.
We truly are AfroArab. Our cousins are living in south east Yemen today (Mehri).

Why is being Arab such a controversy with community?:drakewtf:

ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB :hemad: triggered?

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
You should have slapped the falafel out him for even thinking just because you're Somali that you should speak Arabic.

I've been asked how do I read the Quran if I didn't know Arabic. :draketf:

Don't buy in to all these SJW fantasies.
We truly are AfroArab. Our cousins are living in south east Yemen today (Mehri).

Why is being Arab such a controversy with community?:drakewtf:

ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB ARAB :hemad: triggered?

Bro if you want to claim Aladdin as your long lost daddy, that's fine. But I'm 100% Somali.

Status
Not open for further replies.