Skin lightening

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Xoog means rape. Not sure what dialect you speak but my dialect uses xoog interchangeably with rape and strength.
@xoogster

I'm gonna have to cosign this. My dad is from around Sanaag iyo Bari and my mom is from both Koonfur and around Mudug and they both know "xoog" as meaning rape but also strength. I've never heard Kuufsi used like that. Your username used to make me uncomfortable, wallahi. I was like "Homie going by rapester, eh? Well, damn..."

:mjlol:

Just my take, people generally look better darker. Especially that natural, tanned by the sun darker. Shows vitality. This is irrespective of ethnic or regional background. Folks need to stop sun-screening and realize those veggie oils and sugary foods they consume are the real cancer risks and not the glorious qorrax. Cadaans actually, funnily enough, discover they stop sunburning, or don't sunburn nearly as much, once they remove seed oils from their diet:

UV rays can definitely be harmful. Being out in the sun with no protection can definitely accelerate skin ageing and increase hyperpigmentation. Its why people that labor out in the sun for long periods end up with rough leathery skin.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
UV rays can definitely be harmful. Being out in the sun with no protection can definitely accelerate skin ageing and increase hyperpigmentation. Its why people that labor out in the sun for long periods end up with rough leathery skin.
This is pretty bunk science, walaashay. And those people aging poorly can be blamed more on poor nutrition as laborers. Sugar and seed oils will age you a shit load more than the sun ever will. A lot of the fear around the sun is nonsense:

Not a perfect source but gets the point across. Don't fear the sun, sis. It will do your skin more favors than you realize. Worry more about the kibble on your plate.

This is pretty bunk science, walaashay. And those people aging poorly can be blamed more on poor nutrition as laborers. Sugar and seed oils will age you a shit load more than the sun ever will. A lot of the fear around the sun is nonsense:

Not a perfect source but gets the point across. Don't fear the sun, sis. It will do your skin more favors than you realize. Worry more about the kibble on your plate.
Lol, I don't believe the sun doesn't age you or ruin your skin. I've personally seen the effects the sun has on the skin without sunscreen. I've been in situations in which I was at the beach for hrs at peak sun time at 38 degrees without sunscreen and my skin literally become reddish, dry and patchy. That situation is what taught me about the importance of sunscreen and not being out in the sun for too long without protection. It literally took me weeks for my skin to get back to normal. My skin was burnt.

Also, how do you explain sun spots, the discoloration that people get?Actual dermatologist would tell you that the way to prevent discoloration, sunspotd and premature skin wrinkles is by avoiding the sun at peak hrs and using factor 50+. This is a fact. That is not to deny that your diet doesn't also age you.

Also, high UV without protection literally causes skin cancer for cadaans. There is a reason why Australia has one of the highest rates of skin cancer in the world.

Last edited:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Lol, I don't believe the sun doesn't age you or ruin your skin. I've personally seen the effects the sun has on the skin without sunscreen. I've been in situations in which I was at the beach for hrs at peak sun time at 38 degrees without sunscreen and my skin literally become reddish, dry and patchy.

Actual dermatologist would tell you that the way to prevent discoloration, sunspotd and premature skin wrinkles is by avoiding the sun at peak hrs and using factor 50+. This is a fact. That is not to deny that your diet doesn't also age you.

I mean no disrespect but do you eat an ideal diet? Do the samples those dermatologists are basing their claims on eat ideal diets? Or the participants of the observational studies they're probably quoting? 90% of people in the modern world eat some variation of the standard american diet. Vegetable oils, sugar, starches, processed foods then blame aging for why they're so frail in their old age when indigenous groups' elderly could walk up steep hills in their 90s (rofl) or blame diabetes for their old age or act like it's the sun that's causing their skin to deteriorate. It's not any of those things. It is 90% the inappropriate modern lifestyle (mainly diet). Look at the comments of that video alone. Notice how many cadaans say they don't get sunburn anymore when they remove seed oils, for example. Your skin would likely hold up well to the sun, likely even benefit, if your diet was on point.

I mean no disrespect but do you eat an ideal diet? Do the samples those dermatologists are basing their claims on eat ideal diets? Or the participants of the observational studies they're probably quoting? 90% of people in the modern world eat some variation of the standard american diet. Vegetable oils, sugar, starches, processed foods then blame aging for why they're so frail in their old age when indigenous groups' elderly could walk up steep hills in their 90s (rofl) or blame diabetes for their old age or act like it's the sun that's causing their skin to deteriorate. It's not any of those things. It is 90% the inappropriate modern lifestyle (mainly diet). Look at the comments of that video alone. Notice how many cadaans say they don't get sunburn anymore when they remove seed oils, for example. Your skin would likely hold up well to the sun, likely even benefit, if your diet was on point.
By ageing i'm talking about the quality if skin. Someone can be fit and strong with a robust body but with premature wrinkles and dry skin due to too much UV exposure.

Diet can most definitely play a role, but the sun has an impact on our melanocytes which can cause hyperpigmentation and I highly doubt that has much to do with diet alone? I know having foods rich in antioxidants also help with preventing sunburn from the inside, but pairing that with sunscrean from the outside will maximise your protection.

There is a reason why in every culture people are taught to avoid the sun at peak hrs as whilst getting sunlight is important too much of it without protection clearly isn't.

Also according to studies:

UV exposure may account for up to 80% of visible signs of aging in the skin including dry appearance, scalping, wrinkling [15] and impaired pigmentation, and photoaging correlates with cancer risk.

Also, i've seen the difference between people that tan excessively and those that are sensible enough to avoid the sun at peak times and are moderate when it comes to the sun and their skin has less wrinkles and dark pigment spots.

Avoiding the sun at peak hrs, sunscreen and a diet filled with antioxidants ect is the ideal.

@Aboow relax abayo black people are poor and people associate poverty with unattractiveness.

One day we will be wealthy (if the day of judgment doesn’t come first)

Wow, this whole thing took an unexpected turn.

I'm not sure about other societies-cultures and can't possibly speak for them, but I think the only criteria the Dinka-Nuer have ever had for what constitutes an attractive woman is considerable height and a relatively thin frame; family name and height were the key drivers of a large dowry.

I think any preference for naturally 'light' Dinka-Nuer women is a by-product of cultural influence from the Arab North.

Minus the ill-suited, incompatible Eurasian hair, the women below would be considered the ideal Dinka-Nuer women due to their height and build.

Anok-Yai (1).jpg

Duckie--770x433.jpg

gTxsqzBU-1.jpg

Adau-Mornyang-09.jpg

It reminds me of this brothers thread:

People who are insecure in their own skin bleach themselves and blame the world for it when its all their own person insecurities. Saying for example they bleach because somali men prefer lightskin women is cap and nothing but an illusion built off the persons low self esteem man or women. I read alot of this shit on african forums on reddit and nobody wants to admit its an individual problem

I hope africans as a whole learn to love themselves, this shit is embarrassing
Insecurities are dervived from not meeting the beauty standards in society. Low self-esteem does not just appear out of nowhere, it is triggered by external events. Women in Somalia bleach themselves to meet the beauty standards of their society. From a young age they are constantly bombarded with 'light is right' BS. Told they will not find a husband, bullied for their darker skin, etc. The blame lies on a society as a whole, men and women.
Xoog means rape. Not sure what dialect you speak but my dialect uses xoog interchangeably with rape and strength.

Xoog means strength in Somali. However, it's also used (mostly in the north) when someone is overpowered. I've heard people say, 'maxaad noo xoogtey?' when someone snatches their food. Also heard it used in the context of rape, 'inanta waa la xoogey'.

The proper term for rape is 'kufsi'.

@Aboow you need to learn how to take criticism without qashining every comment of mine. darkskin women have a bad reputation not just because of colourism, but they get triggered off the slightest inconvenience. you'll never see an african women get offended so easily only diasporians. always playing the victim card, sure you might've been bullied when you were younger and still now, but it doesn't give you the excuse to always be right just because youre darkskin. stop making your skin your personality trait and calling people colourists for no reason.

also xoog doesn't mean rape, it just means force/power. like 'xoog bu iga qaday' means he took it off me by force. you probably speak a minority dialect

@Aboow you need to learn how to take criticism without qashining every comment of mine. darkskin women have a bad reputation not just because of colourism, but they get triggered off the slightest inconvenience. you'll never see an african women get offended so easily only diasporians. always playing the victim card, sure you might've been bullied when you were younger and still now, but it doesn't give you the excuse to always be right just because youre darkskin. stop making your skin your personality trait and calling people colourists for no reason.

also xoog doesn't mean rape, it just means force/power. like 'xoog bu iga qaday' means he took it off me by force. you probably speak a minority dialect
K.

@Aboow

Shimbiris is a sincere and considerate person, so I am absolutely certain that he delivered that theory without an ounce of cuqdad.

You disagree with the theory he shared with the forum and there's nothing wrong with that, but I don't think it's fair to impute negative intentions on Shimbiris.

@Aboow

Shimbiris is a sincere and considerate person, so I am absolutely certain that he delivered that theory without an ounce of cuqdad.

You disagree with the theory he shared with the forum and there's nothing wrong with that, but I don't think it's fair to impute negative intentions on Shimbiris.
Valid.

I agree @Shimbiris he’s a good guy Allahumma barik lahu.

Just my take, people generally look better darker. Especially that natural, tanned by the sun darker. Shows vitality. This is irrespective of ethnic or regional background. Folks need to stop sun-screening and realize those veggie oils and sugary foods they consume are the real cancer risks and not the glorious qorrax. Cadaans actually, funnily enough, discover they stop sunburning, or don't sunburn nearly as much, once they remove seed oils from their diet:

I think outside societies where poor = darker skin cultural conditioning occurs strongly, the ideal skin tone would probs be like olive to light brown complexion, the type you’d see often in biracial people. That’s the skin tone that blacks and whites seem to like, I’ve seen many white women want to tan to that. It’s dark enough to protect from uv rays and hide blemishes but light enough to signal youth or whatever reason light skin is liked.

People who are insecure in their own skin bleach themselves and blame the world for it when its all their own person insecurities. Saying for example they bleach because somali men prefer lightskin women is cap and nothing but an illusion built off the persons low self esteem man or women. I read alot of this shit on african forums on reddit and nobody wants to admit its an individual problem

I hope africans as a whole learn to love themselves, this shit is embarrassing
Funny thing is when its make up they say they don't do it for or because of men .

When its something negatively like bleaching then its men fault again .

I think outside societies where poor = darker skin cultural conditioning occurs strongly, the ideal skin tone would probs be like olive to light brown complexion, the type you’d see often in biracial people. That’s the skin tone that blacks and whites seem to like, I’ve seen many white women want to tan to that. It’s dark enough to protect from uv rays and hide blemishes but light enough to signal youth or whatever reason light skin is liked.
Look at me! I cant help but comment some bullshit!

Trending