• YES

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • NO

Votes: 20 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyones entitled to their opinion. But let us divide jealousy from factual evidence.

What Jealousy, the people he tried to destroy because of qabilnimo, hate and envy Sl and Pl are doing better than ever today. If anything he was the one that was jealous of northerners who were the real economic and political elite. His selfish actions set the motion of the predicament we are in today. If he was good leader or had an ounce of honour, he wouldn’t

1, Overthrow democratically elected institutions, and send us back literally 50 years on our development.
2, Take us to disastrous war in order to distract the public from his failing and corruptions with such a grand patriotic acts as recovering lost territory.
3, Go on a murderous killing spree against innocent folks just because of their qabil affiliation with certain rebel group,

He was anything but a good leader, he was selfish, war criminal, and power hungry dictator that was solely focused on his seat, he should have faced the firing squad not praise.

S

SOMACOON

What Jealousy, the people he tried to destroy because of qabilnimo, hate and envy Sl and Pl are doing better than ever today. If anything he was the one that was jealous of northerners who were the real economic and political elite. His selfish actions set the motion of the predicament we are in today. If he was good leader or had an ounce of honour, he wouldn’t

1, Overthrow democratically elected institutions, and send us back literally 50 years on our development.
2, Take us to disastrous war in order to distract the public from his failing and corruptions with such a grand patriotic acts as recovering lost territory.
3, Go on a murderous killing spree against innocent folks just because of their qabil affiliation with certain rebel group,

He was anything but a good leader, he was selfish, war criminal, and power hungry dictator that was solely focused on his seat, he should have faced the firing squad not praise.

caalacalka naga daa sxb
Barre build everything from hargeisa to Muqdisho.
You do understand, it was Morgon and his troops that went door to door killing Isaaqs correct?
MJ and MR played an important in leading Somalia, a few differences yes. But we built this nation.
Jealously destroyed it. First it erupted in Somaliland, now you're mentioning Puntland lol

caalacalka naga daa sxb
Barre build everything from hargeisa to Muqdisho.
You do understand, it was Morgon and his troops that went door to door killing Isaaqs correct?
MJ and MR played an important in leading Somalia, a few differences yes. But we built this nation.
Jealously destroyed it. First it erupted in Somaliland, now you're mentioning Puntland lol

What caalcal, Alxamdulliah my people are doing great today and their destiny is in their own hands.
But what I can’t stand is historical revisionist, and qabilist two faced like you masquerading as nationalist. Siad didn’t build anything, all the development that took place under his tyrannical rule was done either by foreign powers ( soviets, Italian and amerians) or was financed on debt on which him and his cronies looted the majority of it. However everything that was built was undermined by his actions and ended getting destroyed by his failure to develop sustainable political system, which further reinforce my point of him lacking any sort of leadership qualities needed to run a nation let alone a classroom. Admit it you only love said barre because he share qabil with you.

Morgan was just siyad bare pawn and he was following orders, and yes Siad barre murdered thousands of innocents nomads in northern mudug or you gonna deny another aspect of Siad dreadful record.

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
What caalcal, Alxamdulliah my people are doing great today and their destiny is in their own hands.
But what I can’t stand is historical revisionist, and qabilist two faced like you masquerading as nationalist. Siad didn’t build anything, all the development that took place under his tyrannical rule was done either by foreign powers ( soviets, Italian and amerians) or was financed on debt on which him and his cronies looted the majority of it. However everything that was built was undermined by his actions and ended getting destroyed by his failure to develop sustainable political system, which further reinforce my point of him lacking any sort of leadership qualities needed to run a nation let alone a classroom. Admit it you only love said barre because he share qabil with you.

Morgan was just siyad bare pawn and he was following orders, and yes Siad barre murdered thousands of innocents nomads in northern mudug or you gonna deny another aspect of Siad dreadful record.
Man just stfu no one gives a f*ck about your sob story:camby:

Man just stfu no one gives a f*ck about your sob story:camby:

Tranny lover whats with the hostility, highlighting the crimes of mass murderer is a sob story now.:ufdup:

Ninyahow remember we reer waamo are under harti umbrella so allow the friendly fire and and contribute constructively or meel naga fadiso

Nothing has changed people still see Somalia as Mogadishu and Mogadishu as Somalia. Where Somalia begins and ends concerning people is Mogadishu :meleshame:

Nothing has changed people still see Somalia as Mogadishu and Mogadishu as Somalia. Where Somalia begins and ends concerning people is Mogadishu :meleshame:

This is because Mogadishu is where blood, treasure and tear was invested by all Somaliwayn, but things have changed since 90s and are still changing. Also perception can be overcome in a short space of time, countries like Rwanda have shown impressive recovery economically and socially from devastating civil war. With the right policies, respect of law and hard working leaders and populace Somalia can easily surpass that and become one of the most developed country in the world.

MSB gave the Somalis the written word and made Somalia into a regional power during the height of his rule. And because of that, I am impressed with him. However, he also presided over a 'reign of terror' period where mass murder, severe political repression, and petty clan politics were the norm. And because of that, I curse him.

It would have been better for Somalia had MSB been removed from power after the disastrous war with Ethiopia. And that would have been possible had his opposition not been so incompetent, so petty, so clannish.

Siad Barre made many mistakes in his life, he murdered a lot of innocent Issaqs, he destroyed villages and cities in northern Somalia but his most important mistake was the war against Mengistu, everybody knows that after such war, Somalia would never be the same Nation. He became peaceful country in a hell on the earth.

S

Shamis

I think Siad Barre gets blamed for what essentially a Somali failure. If you people weren't so tribalistic you would never have had a dictator in the first place, you would never have bombed your own people, you would never have killed each other over clan for 30 years, you would never have created tribal states for security reasons, you would never have supported terror groups who don't operate in your tribal regions, you would have gotten together and sorted your country out a long time ago. You people have never been together, you've never liked each other and I guess it must be nice to have one hate figure to bring you all together.

How is Siad Barre different to the recent presidents (TFG, SFG) who brought all manner of safari animals (Kenyans, Ethiopians, Ugandans, Burundians etc) in to kill your people?

S

Shamis

I'm someone who is over what Siad Barre did or didn't do - worse things have happened since he left power.

Siad Barre made many mistakes in his life, he murdered a lot of innocent Issaqs, he destroyed villages and cities in northern Somalia but his most important mistake was the war against Mengistu, everybody knows that after such war, Somalia would never be the same Nation. He became peaceful country in a hell on the earth.

That war was the most stupid irrelevant war on the face of the earth. WSLF was winning the war and had control of vast majority of the Ogaden region until siad barre, offically interevened, if he just kept in the shadows of indirect support and kept supplying goods and weapons ,Somali galbeed would have already been won by then, but he instead ignored every order of caution and signs & attacked ethiopia that turned into a country war and it would have been better to disect it from within and make it into civil war. We already had the upper hand.

Yet his manupulation and how he betrayed the Western Somali Liberation Front will stand today as the crucial factor as to why he never cared for people of the Somali Galbeed. His entire regime was based on false empty patriotic rethoric.

ONLF is weak because it cannot even reach a smidget of the magnitude greatness that is ''WSLF''
That was a bonefied Somali group thru and thru!!

ONLF unlike WSLF was created by ethiopia, that is why they have never won a single region. ever .in their entire history of horn of africa , as i remember they were specifically created to keep tabs on the somalis liberating Gaalbeed and report to ethiopia as spies.

I think Siad Barre gets blamed for what essentially a Somali failure.

No shit , the guy was the The President of Somalia.

If you people weren't so tribalistic you would never have had a dictator in the first place, you would never have bombed your own people, you would never have killed each other over clan for 30 years, you would never have created tribal states for security reasons, you would never have supported terror groups who don't operate in your tribal regions, you would have gotten together and sorted your country out a long time ago. You people have never been together, you've never liked each other and I guess it must be nice to have one hate figure to bring you all together.How is Siad Barre different to the recent presidents (TFG, SFG) who brought all manner of safari animals (Kenyans, Ethiopians, Ugandans, Burundians etc) in to kill your people?

We dont have tribes , we have clans and do you even know how shitty life was inside the regime? How he systematically jailed and tortured every critic against the Gaalo Policies of his regime. The crimes he commited against the northern clans because their influence and political power they had.

If you do not see how Federal Clan states today are systematically linked to the Failed Central Govt of Mogadishu and reactionary invention, then i dont know.

Before the civil war people living north and far down south had to go to mogadishu to get what they need from housing,Education,passport and jobs. Somalis from various regions had these complaint about not going all the way to mogadishu to get these services but to recieve them locally.

So that fueled the present day insecurity of why they dont trust and object a central state cuz they associate it with unequal distrubution sharing of resources. Another thing that they also associate unity and central state with is Authoritarian over rule excercizing over them that would give unequal power sharing. Many who object Unity and Centralized Governance demand genuine political participation. Hence why you will commonly hear '' i dont want Mogadishu authority to appoint a mayor for my town''.

Reinforcing this mistrust against a centralized state is newly common practice to organize a political party somewhere and claim presidency over a given region.

He's like marmite, you either love or hate him. I hate him. Somalia's current situation can be attributed to him. Yeah he showed us the potential we have as a nation if we unify, but thanks to him unity will never become a reality.

S

Shamis

30 years on Siad Barre is the reason for all your failures? GTFO I'm no fan of that bastard but you all need to blame yourselves for today's problems.

Obviously not all our failures, but the country will never be unified and we're in the weak state we are now thanks not only to him but others too. You pro Barre yeah?

30 years on Siad Barre is the reason for all your failures? GTFO I'm no fan of that bastard but you all need to blame yourselves for today's problems.

Yeah look at the south and then look at the north Puntland & Somaliland. If that ain't proof of how he fucked up Southern Somalia by placing one Central Authoritarian Governance, then i dont know and how he caused a mistrust towards united somalia.

We are not blaming him for every problem obviously but holding him accountable to the shitty desicions he made in his 20+ year long regime and the unsustainable & incompatible political system he implemented there is nothing wrong with it.

If we are discussing Siyaad Barre since that was what the OP asked for why would i not Scrutinize him?

S

Shamis

Scrutinise away but most countries have or have had a centralised system and it didn't turn them into savages.

S

Shamis

Obviously not all our failures, but the country will never be unified and we're in the weak state we are now thanks not only to him but others too. You pro Barre yeah?

I don't care or know anything about him but no way did he create the destructive Somali mentality all on his own. I think its feeble to blame one guy for an entire nation failure. Even the people who ousted him did had their own tribal objectives. Why did they not just get together and make an election after he left? Nah - they decided to kill each other instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.