• NO

Votes: 20 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SOMACOON

He might have held the highest government position but remember businesses, economy was more orientated towards certain clan barre hated, his clan was also piss poor thus the jealousy and hate.

That flag on my screen is the reason behind the hate. As mentioned, he had some faults. But overall, he was a great leader.

S

SOMACOON

I think somali was a forced unity by political circumstance somehow. That was our first try because before 1960 we had colonialism, before that it was tribal kingdoms i think. I dont think there aren't somali leaders who were present from the civil war till now that can be better for somali, laakin they get weeded during elections by threats or sometimes they cant grease enough palms.

Either way I think siad barre was good and bad. Worst thing he did was kill those shiekhs and best is the ethiopia war. The shiekhs werent threatning his reign or challenge his power.

There are many things i agreed with, and some that i have questioned. But we must remember, all leaders have faults.

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
:ftw9nwa: Seems no one can understand his fancy somali.

@Somali_Tycoon MSB did a lot of good things, and I genuinely appreciate him for it. Although my family left somalia specifically because of the kacaan I can still appreciate the achievements he made.

That being said a dictator can never be a good leader.
Was your family terrorist why were they singled out?:francis:

S

SOMACOON

Barre gave education and equal rights to BANTUS, yet i have met many Madows complaining about Barre.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Was your family terrorist why were they singled out?:francis:

No? We weren't singled out.
:comeon:

We left because of the crazy political situation in Somalia in the late 80's. MSB was getting reckless anyone could see it.

Some of my uncles and aunts left in the early 80's for better opportunities.

S

SOMACOON

can't be a good leader if you kill your people sxb. Aydiid was also a good leader so maha marka
Aidid was a warlord. Fighting to gain something for his people.
Barre went to war to unify Somali people. See something different here?

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
No? We weren't singled out.
:comeon:

We left because of the crazy political situation in Somalia in the late 80's. MSB was getting reckless anyone could see it.

Some of my uncles and aunts left in the early 80's for better opportunities.
So you were in canada since the 80s?
so how did feel seeing influx of somalis in your country after the civil war:ulachen001:
Were you like I like these people:diddyass: Or were you like uff:hova:

HalyeeyQaran

Citizen of Southwest State
Ilaahey ha u naxariisto madaxweynihii hore ee ummada Soomaaliyeed, Jaalle Maxamed Siyaad Barre.

May Allah have mercy on his soul.

crying-man.gif

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
So you were in canada since the 80s?
so how did feel seeing influx of somalis in your country after the civil war:ulachen001:
Were you like I like these people:diddyass: Or were you like uff:hova:

Somalis back then mainly lived in Toronto, Hamilton and Montreal, I believe. Canada's huge. Never really saw many until mid 2000s they started to spread out.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Ilaahey ha u naxariisto madaxweynihii hore ee ummada Soomaaliyeed, Jaalle Maxamed Siyaad Barre.

May Allah have mercy on his soul.

crying-man.gif

You would have been exiled at best or at worse shot by firing squad. I don't know why you're getting sentimental he hated treasonous mofos like you.

:lolbron:

Although I respect some of his achievements, efforts and dreams. It was quite despicable and pointless of him to kill his own people! So No, I don't like the guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending