Should you hide being an atheist even if you have the means and safety to be openly out?

Should you hide being an atheist even if you have the means and safety to be openly out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Steamdevolopment
Thanks for the welcome..
In my opinion people should keep their faith or lack of faith to themselves...

I agree but the problem is that one side can constantly display their beliefs openly with little repercussion while the other is encouraged and in some cases forced to live a life of deceit and censor themselves.

This discrepancy is what I problematize with the end result hopefully being that people can live as their authentic self regardless of their beliefs.

@VixR
Think if you are wrong and god is real..
Are you prepered to get roasted in hellfire like a gourmet chicken?
giphy.gif

What advice would you give these people?

@AussieHustler @VixR @Reiko

There is a word/phrase for when you change your vocabulary/linguistic style, when you're speaking to certain people. Apply the same technique to other aspects in your persona; be who you perceive people want you to be.

Before revealing anything, even to those you seemingly trust, ask yourself these questions:
- implications on the information being divulged?
- what do I stand to gain/lose?
- will they be able to find out if I were to twist it?
- do I have to say anything?

I agree but the problem is that one side can constantly display their beliefs openly with little repercussion while the other is encouraged and in some cases forced to live a life of deceit and censor themselves.

This discrepancy is what I problematize with the end result hopefully being that people can live as their authentic self regardless of their beliefs.
I'm a muslim in faith but I never display my beliefs, I consider it to be a private matter...its not only atheist who got bullied or mocked for their lack of faith.. Us muslins are constantly being bashed by the media and different influential politicians and other influential opinion leaders in the west.

common-sense questions

Why do atheists care if people worship God?
Can nothing create something?
How do you know that God doesn’t exist?

We don't care what you worship but the consequences of harmful beliefs we critique and problematize, it's not relevant to us wether it is Allah or Jesus you pray to but when those beliefs manifest in harmful ways to human well-being such as denying equal rights to certain groups or criminalizing critical inquiry that's when critique not only becomes a right but a duty too.

Inductive reasons would tell us otherwise but then again inductive reasons would have us belief that the Sun revolves around the Earth, therefore be careful when using it as a definitive argument.

I might also add "nothingness" as theist conceive of it isn't a thing, the furthest back we can go is a singularity which is "something" and to argue that it came from nothing is an argument from assertion.

God exists alongside dheegdheer and Santa in the realm of the unproven and I don't see you entertain the latter two as real construct so what makes God different?

Furthermore the Abrahamic notion of God is full of logical contradictions that only further highlights his human origin.

We don't care what you worship but the consequences of harmful beliefs we critique and problematize, it's not relevant to us wether it is Allah or Jesus you pray to but when those beliefs manifest in harmful ways to human well-being such as denying equal rights to certain groups or criminalizing critical inquiry that's when critique not only becomes a right but a duty too.

Inductive reasons would tell us otherwise but then again inductive reasons would have us belief that the Sun revolves around the Earth, therefore be careful when using it as a definitive argument.

I might also add "nothingness" as theist conceive of it isn't a thing, the furthest back we can go is a singularity which is "something" and to argue that it came from nothing is an argument from assertion.

God exists alongside dheegdheer and Santa in the realm of the unproven and I don't see you entertain the latter two as real construct so what makes God different?

Furthermore the Abrahamic notion of God is full of logical contradictions that only further highlights his human origin.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Which God though?

Allah? Jesus? Hades? The Buddist conception of Hell?

Put in another way, what is your process of elimination?

Process of elimination?

1. U cant worship budha because it is dumb to worship a man made statue? We agree??

2. Jesus is not a God. He is a prophet.

3. Allaah swt is the supreme God of the universe. Believing in Allaah swt is a faith and a choice.

You choose not to believe, great, its your choice! :)

Which God though?

Allah? Jesus? Hades? The Buddist conception of Hell?

Put in another way, what is your process of elimination?
I believe in Allah.. And Jesus as his prophet...Budha seriously that's just a fat guy who existed for centuries ago :ftw9nwa:
I'm still waiting for an answer regarding waaq..

There is a word/phrase for when you change your vocabulary/linguistic style, when you're speaking to certain people. Apply the same technique to other aspects in your persona; be who you perceive people want you to be.

Before revealing anything, even to those you seemingly trust, ask yourself these questions:
- implications on the information being divulged?
- what do I stand to gain/lose?
- will they be able to find out if I were to twist it?
- do I have to say anything?

I said I was a married Somali Catholic to a car salesman from Dublin. I got £920 (nearly 50%) off a car because of it...

@VixR & @Steamdevolopment

I've asked myself many times what if Allah is not real and everything is just all scam to beat people into submission.
Then I remember all the trials the prophet went through in the beginning of Islam. I also reflect over my own body everything is designed and engineered so perfectly heart, lever, brain and all the limps.. Then the air I'm breathing in the trees, basically everything between heaven and earth.. Then as a rational person I know there must be a higher power and a purpose to all this.. I cannot believe all this just happened by coincidence as you atheist believe.

@VixR & @Steamdevolopment

I've asked myself many times what if Allah is not real and everything is just all scam to beat people into submission.
Then I remember all the trials the prophet went through in the beginning of Islam. I also reflect over my own body everything is designed and engineered so perfectly heart, lever, brain and all the limps.. Then the air I'm breathing in the trees, basically everything between heaven and earth.. Then as a rational person I know there must be a higher power and a purpose to all this.. I cannot believe all this just happened by coincidence as you atheist believe.
The Kibir of these gaalo Allah created you and sent a messenger to tell you that if you just believe that there is no God besides him and in his prophet that you will go to heaven yet they refuse to do that.

I find it more shameful and even blasphemous to believe that the vindictive and anthropomorphic character known as Allah is the creator of the universe.

That's down-right laughable.

What makes you think Allah is anthropomorphic? Care to elaborate please? Also, suppose Allah is vindictive and he punishes people who insult him immediately, wouldn't you pay the price already seeing how you insulted him? If you respond to my message, it will prove he is not vindictive.

Address the first question only ignoring the second point.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
What makes you think Allah is anthropomorphic? Care to elaborate please? Also, suppose Allah is vindictive and he punishes people who insult him immediately, wouldn't you pay the price already seeing how you insulted him? If you respond to my message, it will prove he is not vindictive.

Address the first question only ignoring the second point.

I suspect Steam is mad because she is a lesbian!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts