Should We Change It To "Erythraic"?

• Yes

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • No. Keep it as Cushitic

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • We should change it to something else.

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
"Cushi" in Hebrew is a racist term for black Africans. It's also very stupid since there was no record of a biblical figure named "Cush" ever existing, why should we be named after this random Bible character?

"Erythra" means red in Greek, after the Red Sea. This is the likely location of origin of the Cushitic-speakers ancestors. Makes more sense name it after our Urheimat, rather some nigga from the Hebrew Bible.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
"Cushi" in Hebrew is a racist term for black Africans. It's also very stupid since there was no record of a biblical figure named "Cush" ever existing, why should we be named after this random Bible character?

"Erythra" means red in Greek, after the Red Sea. This is the likely location of origin of the Cushitic-speakers ancestors. Makes more sense name it after our Urheimat, rather some nigga from the Hebrew Bible.
cush or Kush) was, according to the Bible, the eldest son of Ham, a son of Noah. He was the brother of Canaan (land of Canaan), Mizraim (Egypt) and Phut (land of Libya), and the father of the biblical Nimrod mentioned in the "Table of Nations" in Genesis 10:6 and I Chronicles 1:8.

Cushites are considered descendants of Noah's grandson, Cush the son of Ham. In biblical and historical usage, the term "Cushites" (Hamites) refers to individuals of East African origin (Horn of Africa and Sudan

about the modern term it was used to denote anyone of a darker complexion ie sudanese and ethiopians

i dont think its a racist term

Toriye

Sheekhaagu waa kuma?
I don't know if it's that racist since it just refers to a black person. You know, like Aithíop or Ethiopian which literally meant, of the burnt face. The term Moor also has the exact same meaning and was used to refer to the black Moors of Spain. I don't think you should be offended by the term particularly but if you are, perhaps you shouldn't go from a Hebrew term that describes a black person to a greek term that describes a sea. :mjdontkno:

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
This Prince Abubu is still on his inferiority rampage against the term Cushitic kkkkkkk which existed since times of Kush Empire. Alas his fragile skull with its immense protruding forehead sees it as racist term used by Israelis kkkkkk what a schmuck kkkkkk miskiin weeye his brain is eating away at the inside of his skull.kkkkkk

The Kingdom of Kush or Kush (/kʊʃ, kʌʃ/) was an ancient kingdom in Nubia, located at the Sudanese and southern Egyptian Nile Valley.

The Kushite era of rule in Nubia was established after the Late Bronze Age collapse and the disintegration of the New Kingdom of Egypt. Kush was centered at Napata during its early phase. After Kashta ("the Kushite") invaded Egypt in the 8th century BC, the monarchs of Kush were also the pharaohs of the Twenty-fifth Dynasty of Egypt, until they were expelled by the Neo-Assyrian Empire under the rule of Esarhaddon a century later.

During classical antiquity, the Kushite imperial capital was located at Meroë. In early Greek geography, the Meroitic kingdom was known as Aethiopia. The Kingdom of Kush with its capital at Meroe persisted until the 4th century AD, when it weakened and disintegrated due to internal rebellion. The seat was eventually captured and burnt to the ground by the Kingdom of Aksum. Afterwards the Nubians established the three, eventually Christianized kingdoms of Nobatia, Makuriaand Alodia.

Zenith:
wh04_kushkingdom.jpg

Nadir:
250px-Africa_in_400_BC.jpg

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
Cushi as a 'racist' term stems from the constructed 'fake' Hebrew (which died out and had to be reconstructed) that was developed post-1948 and changed the meaning of many ancient words. It only became in widespread use after the 1990s when the Beta Israel settled and some African migrants came. In old Hebrew (living) it was not a derogatory term and was used to even describe officials and dignitaries.

The term Cushitic is also not from the bible, but refers to the Kingdom of Kush of North Sudan, which preceded it.

Lastly, there is a thing called etymological fallacy, the etymology of a word does not necessarily convey its true modern meaning (similar to how antisemitism does not mean anti-Arab, but only anti-Jew).

I am not completely against changing the name, but I don't see it happening, we are simply stuck with it now.

Apollo

VIP
Niggas actually be calling yall cushite cuz I never heard anyone say that word irl :mjlol:

It is an academic word. How many Swedes or English people do you hear calling themselves Germanic or Indo-European? It is not a thing to bring up in everyday conversation, that doesn't mean it does not exist.

Madd

Maddd!!!!!
Do you think anyone on this site,apart from some will give you a proper response. Too many guys on this site are more worried about what some somali girl is doing than engaging in anything remotely interesting.

AhmedSmelly

I am an offical nacas. too honest
OK time to give out some my knowledge to the unfortunate geeljires on this site.

Did you know being called a Turk was a derogatory label in the ottoman empire.

Did you know that the Palestine Arab inhabitants who were living in the 20th century. Never called themselves Palestinians. It was the Jews, who took that label and wore it proudly. After Getting their own state, they Started labeling themselves Israelis and labeling the derogatory word on the Arab inhabitants.

I am just saying, as time changes so will the people. People will call you whatever they want. They will label you, and that label will define you. If they own the media and banks, it will be an easy setup for them.

So if you want to be called something else, start investing in the media and banking sectors.

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
The kingdom of Kush was not Cushitic-speaking and it remains to be seen if they were ethnically. So yeah I’m down for the change

I don't mind a name change. Besides, Erythraic sounds better.

For now, the term "Cushitic" is used far more frequently, although i have seen some websites use the term "Erythraic". It'll take some time to replace it.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
The kingdom of Kush was not Cushitic-speaking and it remains to be seen if they were ethnically. So yeah I’m down for the change
cushite is term from the hebrew bible it was also denoted for all horn african and sudanese poulations not just kingdom of kush nubians
Cush is traditionally considered the eponymous ancestor of the people of the "land of Cush," an ancient territory that is believed to have been located on either side or both sides of the Red Sea. As such, "Cush" is alternately identified in scripture with the Kingdom of Kush or ancient Ethiopia.

later the arab masoudi in the 900s ad grouped several ethnic cushtiic speaking groups together as the sons of cush
The Cushitic-speaking peoples today comprise the Agaw, Oromo, Somali, Afar, and several other tribes, and were considered offspring of Cush in Masudi's Meadows of Gold from 947 AD.The Beja people, who also speak a Cushitic language, have specific genealogical traditions of descent from

https.://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Meadows_of_Gold
The_Meadows_of_Gold.jpg

i touched upon this subject already in one of my favorite threads
https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...es-for-the-origin-of-the-somali-people.61466/

Trending

Latest posts