Salafi Community Continues To Grow In The UK

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
@El Nino @jemappelle and anyone else interested i suggest that you have a listen to this lecture by YQ about the najdi theology and what the problems are with the dawah. It's 3hr long laakin it's worth it

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
Some of these ppl in this thread will disregard what YQ has to say and call him a deviant
I know sxb even i don't agree with him when it comes to his politics and how he handles the post modern challenges to diinta. Like everyone else he has strengths and weakness, i find him to be rather well balanced when it comes relating the development of muslim theology, the rise and fall of various groups etc. Very knowledgeable with regards to history as well

Just simply take whatever khayr he has to share and leave the rest that you find doubtful and don't agree with.

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
My problem with Salafis is that they associate being a better Muslim with adapting Arab culture and shunning your own.

My problem with Salafis is that they associate being a better Muslim with adapting Arab culture and shunning your own.
It's more about destroying cultural heritage, those thousands of years ruins and statues on Iraq and Syria were destroyed by ISIS even though previous muslims left them alone. When all culture has been destroyed what's going to be left?

Garaad diinle

 
All i'm seeing is word salad with no substance what so ever. Intercession of any kind is shirk no matter how you twist and turn it. We muslims are encouraged to denounce any sort of bid'a and yasir qadi no matter how much you love him whatever he says should be examined very carefully.

The man appears to be sculpting a islam palatable for the western taste. He prefers caqil over naqal which means he tends to go with the rational rather than accepting scripture as it is. He even indulges in tasfih a-din meaning he ridicule some well know concept of islam such as gog and magog coming from the ground in the millions.

All i'm seeing is word salad with no substance what so ever. Intercession of any kind is shirk no matter how you twist and turn it. We muslims are encouraged to denounce any sort of bid'a and yasir qadi no matter how much you love him whatever he says should be examined very carefully.

The man appears to be sculpting a islam palatable for the western taste. He prefers caqil over naqal which means he tends to go with the rational rather than accepting scripture as it is. He even indulges in tasfih a-din meaning he ridicule some well know concept of islam such as gog and magog coming from the ground in the millions.
What's wrong with taking an 'aql view when it falls within the parameters of the naql? Our tradition is not a black and white one as the salafi's make it out to be. There is rahma in the leeway that Allah (swt) has provided to take ʿUrf (local customs) into account since nowhere in the world a one-fits-all solution exists.

And although, his opinion on Yajooj and Majooj is a minority opinion, it is not unorthodox. It is held by prominent scholars of the past such as ibn Kathir and Abu Ishaq al-Shatibi. Their findings are founded on the Quran and Sunnah, but through different methodologies. The Salafi methodology is literalist in their approach. However, the Quran, specifically in Surah Al-Kahf 18:83-98, states that: "they are powerful and destructive nations that will cause chaos and destruction in the end times", but it does not provide specific information about their location, their appearance, or the timing of their emergence.

Additionally, the Hadith, also do not provide clear cut evidence on the issue. The Hadith references to Yajooj and Majooj are relatively scarce. They are often presented in a symbolic or metaphorical way, making it difficult to determine the historical or literal meaning of the text.

I suggest you watch the below video to address your other grievances....

Garaad diinle

 
What's wrong with taking an 'aql view when it falls within the parameters of the naql? Our tradition is not a black and white one as the salafi's make it out to be. There is rahma in the leeway that Allah (swt) has provided to take ʿUrf (local customs) into account since nowhere in the world a one-fits-all solution exists.

And although, his opinion on Yajooj and Majooj is a minority opinion, it is not unorthodox. It is held by prominent scholars of the past such as ibn Kathir and Abu Ishaq al-Shatibi. Their findings are founded on the Quran and Sunnah, but through different methodologies. The Salafi methodology is literalist in their approach. However, the Quran, specifically in Surah Al-Kahf 18:83-98, states that: "they are powerful and destructive nations that will cause chaos and destruction in the end times", but it does not provide specific information about their location, their appearance, or the timing of their emergence.

Additionally, the Hadith, also do not provide clear cut evidence on the issue. The Hadith references to Yajooj and Majooj are relatively scarce. They are often presented in a symbolic or metaphorical way, making it difficult to determine the historical or literal meaning of the text.

I suggest you watch the below video to address your other grievances....

Well hello @Bringer of Wisdom. You've been here for a long time but rarely comments on anything. Well you're right there is leeway in islam and the core concept of yasir wa la tu casir that being said naqal is asal. We use quran and sunnah and if there is no answer we do ijtihad.

سمعنا وأطعنا غفرانك ربنا وإليك المصير

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا أَطِيعُوا اللَّهَ وَأَطِيعُوا الرَّسُولَ وَأُولِي الْأَمْرِ مِنكُمْ ۖ فَإِن تَنَازَعْتُمْ فِي شَيْءٍ فَرُدُّوهُ إِلَى اللَّهِ وَالرَّسُولِ إِن كُنتُمْ تُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ خَيْرٌ وَأَحْسَنُ تَأْوِيلًا

I use to watch yasir al-qadi but stopped after a number of what appears to go against ijmac of ahl a-sunnah wa al-jamaca. The ya 'joj and ma'joj case he used his 'qal to invoke zombies from fantasy literature no alim did so before him.

Here y'joj and ma'joj are described as qom or people not zombies.

قَالُوا يَا ذَا الْقَرْنَيْنِ إِنَّ يَأْجُوجَ وَمَأْجُوجَ مُفْسِدُونَ فِي الْأَرْضِ فَهَلْ نَجْعَلُ لَكَ خَرْجًا عَلَىٰ أَن تَجْعَلَ بَيْنَنَا وَبَيْنَهُمْ سَدًّا

Here it describes how they descent down from mountains in akhir a zaman. There is no ikhtilaf in tafsir.

حَتَّىٰ إِذَا فُتِحَتْ يَأْجُوجُ وَمَأْجُوجُ وَهُم مِّن كُلِّ حَدَبٍ يَنسِلُونَ

Meanwhile here is qowl shath from yasir qadi.

Yasir qadhi gog and magog are zombies.

By the way i haven't watched the video that you posted yet i'll watch it later and give you my opining. Although i'm i may not consider yasir qadhi as teacher worth learning from i do acknowledge that as a student of islam he must have some well based and supported opinions of matters regarding fiqh.

Last edited:
Well hello @Bringer of Wisdom. You've been here for a long time but rarely comments on anything. Well you're right there is leeway in islam and the core concept of yasir wa la tu casir that being said naqal is asal. We use quran and sunnah and if there is no answer we do ijtihad.

سمعنا وأطعنا غفرانك ربنا وإليك المصير

I use to watch yasir al-qadi but stopped after a number of what appears to go against ijmac of ahl a-sunnah wa al-jamaca. The ya 'joj and ma'joj case he used his 'qal to invoke zombies from fantasy literature no alim did so before him.

Here y'joj and ma'joj are described as qom or people not zombies.

قَالُوا يَا ذَا الْقَرْنَيْنِ إِنَّ يَأْجُوجَ وَمَأْجُوجَ مُفْسِدُونَ فِي الْأَرْضِ فَهَلْ نَجْعَلُ لَكَ خَرْجًا عَلَىٰ أَن تَجْعَلَ بَيْنَنَا وَبَيْنَهُمْ سَدًّا

Here it describes how they descent down from mountains in akhir a zaman. There is no ikhtilaf in tafsir.

حَتَّىٰ إِذَا فُتِحَتْ يَأْجُوجُ وَمَأْجُوجُ وَهُم مِّن كُلِّ حَدَبٍ يَنسِلُونَ

Meanwhile here is qowl shath from yasir qadi.

By the way i haven't watched the video that you posted yet i'll watch it later and give you my opining. Although i'm i may not consider yasir qadhi as teacher worth learning from i do acknowledge that as a student of islam he must have some well based and supported opinions of matters regarding fiqh.
I'll have a look into what you quoted. Seems pretty interesting. Also, the video I attached goes into common controversies YQ has found himself entangled in. A good watch if you watch it with an unbiased and open heart. Thanks again for the quotes.

Take the good and leave the bad as they say.

a real danger is people without a solid understanding of the minhaj will get pulled in with all this word salad being propagated.

I urge the people who want to know about this to study the works and the kalaam of Sheikh Fawzan, Sheikh Ibn Baz and them. I also urge them to read Kitab At-Tawheed by Sheikh Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab for themselves.

They should do their research and really study these things before they get pulled into the wrong conclusions by the likes of Yasir Qadhi.

All the word salad being propagated- I don't think it's really much a danger for people who have a sound grasp of the minhaj but it's a big danger for people who haven't learned much about it.

I want to say to them- Yasir Qadhi is a shill for Westernization. Salafiyyah is a huge threat to Westernization. If people want to stick with the Islam of the earliest generations, this is not compatible with succumbing to Western colonialism.

In reality, I could write huge essays and debate point by point what is being said but I have my rl responsibilities and little time. I will post more as time permits insha'Allah.

I'll have a look into what you quoted. Seems pretty interesting. Also, the video I attached goes into common controversies YQ has found himself entangled in. A good watch if you watch it with an unbiased and open heart. Thanks again for the quotes.

Take the good and leave the bad as they say.

take the good and leave the bad is a false principle when it comes to the innovators. avoid innovators like the plague.

they are especially dangerous for us as laypeople. they can infect the people with poison without the people realizing how they're becoming infected.

and take for example Yasir Qadhi's casting doubts on the preservation of the Quran. is a layperson really going to be equipped to respond to that kind of thing?

Most of those Somali girls going against their parents for an Ajnabi was a Salafiyyah
How is this a point against Salafis? Unless you’re like Somali parents you shouldn’t be making this point. I think I seen a few apostates and liberals make this point when they’re the ones who practice and promote racial miscegenation and infidelity the most. If Somali Salafi girls marry non Somalis that doesn’t make Salafiyyah bad if you’re a Muslim. That’s a moot point. It’s a moot point to apostates and liberals too. Liberal and apostate Somali women marry out the most though. If you’re against miscegenation then you should be addressing liberalism and apostasy instead. They even commit zina which is worse than marriage than marry an Ajanabi or a miskeen Somali. People are free to marry outside of their culture in my view but if you’re against it then if you’re being honest liberalism and apostasy are your biggest opponents as a Somali against endogamy.

Open and closeted apostates are agreeing with you and every anti Salafi here. You would crucify a Salafi for calling this out so who’s the one allying with non Muslims? Refer to the drawing of the Prophet at a university thread from a few days ago and see who was indifferent to what happened or even for what happened. The guy named rapist is against Islam and he started this thread. Go through his post history and any Muslim can see that he’s not Muslim. I’ll probably get attacked for pointing this out. At the end of the day any Muslim however misguided they are is better than a non Muslim. Every Salafi believes this and every non Salafi should believe this. You can always find a case of a self proclaimed Muslim who hates Salafis saying a non Muslim is closer to them than a Salafi but you’ll never see a Salafi utter that about people they believe to be Muslim such as some Sufis. Someone brought up Shias when they’re disbelievers. If you meant Zaydis then people don’t even know they exist so which Salafi is siding with non Muslims against Zaydis? That’s all I have to say.
Just look at who disagreed with me. Someone named after the Buddha. If you’re a Muslim then open your eyes. It seems like Somali Muslims here have a bigger issue with Salafiyyah than liberals and murtads. If you consider yourself a traditional Muslim even if you’re a Sufi then you should re-examine where your loyalties lie. A Salafi will call you an innovator never a mushrik unless you deserve it or they’re just ignorant if they do it unjustly that shouldn’t reflect on Salafiyyah because some Sufis takfir Salafis and you don’t see us complaining. If you’re a Muslim and we view you as an innovator then we’re still your brothers in Islam. The ones you’re fighting this fight with insult Allah and his Rasul. They call the Prophet alayhi salam a pedophile. They consider Islam Arab culture. If they like you and your sect then that should be a sign that there’s something wrong with your iman.

How is this a point against Salafis? Unless you’re like Somali parents you shouldn’t be making this point. I think I seen a few apostates and liberals make this point when they’re the ones who practice and promote racial miscegenation and infidelity the most. If Somali Salafi girls marry non Somalis that doesn’t make Salafiyyah bad if you’re a Muslim. That’s a moot point. It’s a moot point to apostates and liberals too. Liberal and apostate Somali women marry out the most though. If you’re against miscegenation then you should be addressing liberalism and apostasy instead. They even commit zina which is worse than marriage than marry an Ajanabi or a miskeen Somali. People are free to marry outside of their culture in my view but if you’re against it then if you’re being honest liberalism and apostasy are your biggest opponents as a Somali against endogamy.
I’m sorry but liberals and kaffirs are an anomaly there are more Somali Salafis than there are kaffir Somali, for a Somali Salafiyyah it’s more virtuous for them to marry a nonsomali, they already think their Somali parents are misguided that’s why they are readily to rebel them for an ajnabi

I’m sorry but liberals and kaffirs are an anomaly there are more Somali Salafis than there are kaffir Somali, for a Somali Salafiyyah it’s more virtuous for them to marry a nonsomali, they already think their Somali parents are misguided that’s why they are readily to rebel them for an ajnabi
Don’t be dishonest. Go on TikTok or any social media platform and see the type of Somalis who marry out or date out. Liberals and kuffar date out and have illegitimate children and also marry out the most. Address those two issues first and that’s an actual Islamic issue. Salafis marrying out is an emotional issue you need to deal with. but liberalism apostasy and zina are Islamic issues. You should be happy that Salafis marry out which is rare because most Muslim Somalis marry fellow Somalis but you should want them to marry out so they don’t “corrupt” other Somalis.

Garaad diinle

 
This thread has proven how divided the Muslims are , only the mahdhi can unite the Muslims .
It's not him per se but ciisa عليه السلام that will not only unite the muslims but the whole world and everyone at that time would became muslims. Now keep in mind we live in time of fitna and while islam is very clear it's the muslims that are not united. This disunity is a sign of the end times.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Just look at who disagreed with me. Someone named after the Buddha. If you’re a Muslim then open your eyes. It seems like Somali Muslims here have a bigger issue with Salafiyyah than liberals and murtads. If you consider yourself a traditional Muslim even if you’re a Sufi then you should re-examine where your loyalties lie. A Salafi will call you an innovator never a mushrik unless you deserve it or they’re just ignorant if they do it unjustly that shouldn’t reflect on Salafiyyah because some Sufis takfir Salafis and you don’t see us complaining. If you’re a Muslim and we view you as an innovator then we’re still your brothers in Islam. The ones you’re fighting this fight with insult Allah and his Rasul. They call the Prophet alayhi salam a pedophile. They consider Islam Arab culture. If they like you and your sect then that should be a sign that there’s something wrong with your iman.
Why are you lying? The Salafi doctrine teaches you to stay away from ahlu bida’ and dont sit with them nor take any knowledge

Trending