SABIIB Restaurant Review

A Mean Guy

Minister of Ajanabi Affairs
So I finally decided to go to the overhyped Somali restaurant in Acton, London and this is my review.
outside (1).jpg
pic (1).jpg

Outside, it does not really look like a restaurant but at least they put effort into the interior.
My recent visit to Sabiib left me with mixed feelings. While the restaurant had its share of positive aspects, I can't help but feel that it fell short of being truly exceptional.

The ambiance was pleasant and comfortable, providing a relaxing setting for a meal with friends or family. The staff was friendly and attentive, creating a welcoming atmosphere that added to the overall experience.

Now, let's talk about the dishes. The menu offered a decent variety of options, but unfortunately, none of them really stood out as remarkable. They were the usual meals you would find in a typical Somali restaurant but Sabiib does not have many options available.
The flavors were adequate, but lacked that extra spark that would elevate them to the level of a memorable culinary experience. The dishes were prepared competently and the taste was fine. It was definitely better than the other Somali restaurants in London.
menu (1).jpg
bisbas (1).jpg

In my group of 4, three ordered haniid while the last one chose salmon with rice.
The salmon was tender and cooked to a fine texture. The flavor profile of the salmon was a delightful symphony of tastes. The seasoning was spot-on, enhancing the natural richness of the salmon without overpowering it. I am not that much of a fish enthusiast but I believe this was a solid 8/10 meal.
salmon (1).jpg

Haniid -why did they add egg? This threw me off, I didn't particularly mind but at least include it in the menu. The lamb was cooked to perfection, tender and succulent.
9/10 overall meal.
haniid (1).jpg

Last edited:

A Mean Guy

Now for more negatives:
The staff were always in a hurry to bring the food but were a bit late with ours. I didn't have anything planned for that day so I didn't mind but it is something to consider.
They add mint to every drink and I absolutely hate it. Why? Let me know if you are going to do that so I can order tap water instead. :comeon:

drink (1).jpg
mint (1).jpg

I had to take out those gross leaves out one by one. :vqbuyv0:

If you are on a budget, this is not the right place for you. I paid an Β£94 ($120) for just 4 meals and drinks.
However, the staff seemed to take criticism nicely and even encouraged it as they said they want to keep improving the experience further.

In summary, this place is a decent place to grab a meal if you're in the area and looking for a convenient dining option. It's not likely to become your new favorite restaurant, but it's also not a disappointment. If you're looking for a reliable spot with okay dishes and a comfortable atmosphere, this could be a suitable choice.

Tips for the owners
  1. Add more options in the menu
  2. Price is too high (maybe you have no choice since real estate on a high-street is expensive).
  3. For the love of God, stop including mint in every drink, All 4 of our drinks had mint in them.
  4. Hire more staff because service is a bit slow.

Overall I would rate Sabiib a 7/10.

Last edited:
Thank you for the very detailed review and rightful criticisms, I'll give this place a shot. Also, do you seriously dislike mint? Mint in a mojito is just πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

Now for more negatives:
The staff were always in a hurry to bring the food but were a bit late with ours. I didn't have anything planned for that day so I didn't mind but it is something to consider.
They add mint to every drink and I absolutely hate it. Why? Let me know if you are going to do that so I can order tap water instead. :comeon:

View attachment 287491 View attachment 287492

If you are on a budget, this is not the right place for you. I paid an Β£94 ($120) for just 4 meals and drinks.
However, the staff seemed to take criticism nicely and even encouraged it as they said they want to keep improving the experience further.

In summary, this place is a decent place to grab a meal if you're in the area and looking for a convenient dining option. It's not likely to become your new favorite restaurant, but it's also not a disappointment. If you're looking for a reliable spot with okay dishes and a comfortable atmosphere, this could be a suitable choice.

Tips for the owners
  2. Price is too high (maybe you have no choice since real estate on a high-street is expensive).
  3. For the love of God, stop including mint in every drink, All 4 of our drinks had mint in them.

A good review, make sure you share it with the owners, esp. on slow service. Are you on the dole, mate? Or on a student budget? A decent meal of the Hanid and Salmon types are generally pricey, and 120$ for four is quite reasonable, if on the low side. Let me ask: how much did you tip?

Somali restaurant reviews are funny because the ajanebis are like β€œ this is the best thing I’ve ever eaten”, and the Somalis are like β€œ this is inedible, why is there 2 percent too much cinnamon in this?”

A Mean Guy

Thank you for the very detailed review and rightful criticisms, I'll give this place a shot. Also, do you seriously dislike mint? Mint in a mojito is just πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ
I seriously don't like mint.

A good review, make sure you share it with the owners, esp. on slow service. Are you on the dole, mate? Or on a student budget? A decent meal of the Hanid and Salmon types are generally pricey, and 120$ for
It is not that I can't afford it, the problem is that there are other Somali restaurants that have the same quality of food for a fraction of the cost.
Sabiib beats its competitors in presentation only.
Look at the rest of the menu and you will notice the price discrepancy
Let me ask: how much did you tip?
TIP?
Confused Gary Coleman GIF

This is the UK, we don't tip bruv,
Furthermore, the service was mediocre, I might tip if they make the service exceptional.

Last edited:
Somali restaurant reviews are funny because the ajanebis are like β€œ this is the best thing I’ve ever eaten”, and the Somalis are like β€œ this is inedible, why is there 2 percent too much cinnamon in this?”
Every ethnicity when they enter a restaurant that serves their cuisine ever. Nothing can really beat hooyo tbh

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
@guycalledAmin

Yep u r right. This looks average Somali food. Here in the US the famous Somali reer xamaar restaurant _ Quruxlow makes that style of rice and chicken.

I rather taste the authetic Somali food or reer kismaayo

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
Compared to my local Somali restaurant which sells bariis and Haneed for Β£6 this place is really expensive. Even when taking into consideration the service and environment still overpriced.

Now for more negatives:

View attachment 287491 View attachment 287492

Tips for the owners

You took mint leaves out of your drink???