DEVELOPING NEWS Russia-Ukraine War

@TekNiKo

I was just watching this, highly informative video about why Russia is the way it is:

TL;DR Russia is basically the successor to the Mongol Empire in spirit (highly authoritarian).

Ukraine is essentially a proxy war between Western civilization (Europe) vs Sino-Russian (Mongol) civilization. I think in the very distant future Russia and China will merge.

When Putin hammers on about denazification, perhaps he is talking about Ukrainian hostility to Asia.

:hmm:
Orthodox Byzantine vs. Islamic Golden horde inverted to Islamic Ottoman vs. Orthodox Russia

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
The Soviet president at the time of the Ogaden war was an ethnic Ukrainian:

Leonid Brezhnev

I think he would support Ukraine today if he was born as a zoomer and was alive today.

Anyhow, I don't think you can link the Soviets to today's Russia. The political ideology has changed. They are now a Conservative authoritarian state, no longer authoritarian leftwing in any way.

They changed their shirt bro, similar to China in the 1980s but the political mechanisms are the same and power structure.

The ideology of greater Russia or Russian supremacy in Central Asia and Slavic regions is still there.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
:mjlaugh:

who is this guy and why is it the first time i have heard of him.

would love to see more of his content
Hes been fighting with the Donestk republic seperatists since 2015, he hates Nazis and proved himself in the battlefield here read more

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I know the West is flawed laakin I support them when it comes to European affairs.

Ironically, despite calling Ukraine neo-nazi, Putin is showing early Hitler tendencies (pre-WWII). I’m not saying he’s gonna kill 10 million people, that ludicrous.

But you have to remember we went into WWII because Germany was talking about how it needed buffer room (lebensraum) as a great power and was seizing up European countries like infinity stones.

They were also using the “the West has no moral leg to stand on” argument also as the UK was a colonial power at the time.

I know the West is flawed laakin I support them when it comes to European affairs.

Ironically, despite calling Ukraine neo-nazi, Putin is showing early Hitler tendencies (pre-WWII). I’m not saying he’s gonna kill 10 million people, that ludicrous.

But you have to remember we went into WWII because Germany was talking about how it needed buffer room (lebensraum) as a great power and was seizing up European countries like infinity stones.

They were also using the “the West has no moral leg to stand on” argument also as the UK was a colonial power at the time.
Lebensraum wasn't about establishing a buffer zone, it was a full-on expansionist policy by the 3rd reich. They never tried to justify lebensraum in such terms.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Lebensraum wasn't about establishing a buffer zone, it was a full-on expansionist policy by the 3rd reich. They never tried to justify lebensraum in such terms.

I would argue that was post-1939, pre-war Hitler was talking about uniting “greater Germany” by taking the Sudetenland and Austria.

They believed that German speakers should be under one rule and that these lands were taken from Germany by the Versailles treaty of 1919.

That was the main reason those annexations were tolerated but the West has learnt their lesson now.

AbdiFreedom

Humiliator in Chief
Staff Member
Some cadaan looking hippie driving a hooptie was complaining to me at the gas station about paying $1.55 a litre and how she wants the war to stop.

Mac sonkor to the far left (who tend to be poor) drivers who have been against oil and gas development for many years. If the far left hypocrites are not going to walk to their destination, I hope they get punished in the wallet.

South Slavic (Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian) is the most smooth of them all. Russian sounds harsh. I believe russians understand South Slavic much better than the opposite.

Polish is just a bunch of combined cz-sounds.

South Slavic, West Slavic and East Slavic after all stem from one proto-slavic language.

P.S Most of Ukraine speaks Russian. Russians generally dont understand Ukrainian that well. Ukrainian is pretty much spoken in Western Ukraine only. Suzhyk is somekind of pidgin Russo-Ukrainian.
Most Bosniaks I know are focused on Balkan matters, not that interested in broader Slavic elements, not identifying with Russians, Polish, or Ukrainians (excluding sphere of influence historically with geographic proximity effect). I guess when affinity takes hold of such caliber, it is an internalized educated sense of closeness on a broad level on impersonal aspects of linguistics, information drawn from formal anthropological research, etc., not an immediately felt phenomenon. What do you think about this?

I remember seeing a supervised admixture model of various Balkan samples, and believe it or not, by a minor margin, the Bosnians generally had a higher Slavic-like genetic structure than Serbians. This is the trend but not the absolute picture. Serbs have a wider sample cluster plot space than your people.

Put together a PCA of averages:
1646180046424.png

TekNiKo

VIP
I would argue that was post-1939, pre-war Hitler was talking about uniting “greater Germany” by taking the Sudetenland and Austria.

They believed that German speakers should be under one rule and that these lands were taken from Germany by the Versailles treaty of 1919.

That was the main reason those annexations were tolerated but the West has learnt their lesson now.
Nope it was because Hitler was the Anglosaxon darling boy until he signed the armistice with Stalin's Communist Russia. Throughout the 30s he was receiving funding from both English and American establishment to export Nazism to Argentina, Italy etc. 'Fascism' was the bulwark against increasingly threatening Communism expansion.

Slavs were only cannon fodder in Anglosaxon game.

Yes, greater Germany was in a way supposed to have only included German speakers of Central and Eastern Europe. However, lebensraum specifically referred to the lands that would be conquered from the Soviet Union after the completion of Operation Barbarossa which began in the summer of 1941. It was supposed to be settled and colonised by the Germans.

TekNiKo

VIP
It really does seem that the Russians are preparing an intensified assault on Ukrainian cities. That long armed convoy on the outskirts of Kyiv also seems to point to more aggressive tactics. This could get extremely bad.
Damn, they are using BM 21

Trending

Latest posts