Rape is very common in Somalia/land and other Somali regions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are incredible.... you're not acknowledging anything that's why you keep repeating that sexual violence isn't common outside of IDP camps smh

You just mixing your own subjective opinions (Hargeisa, mahram and whatever) while qouting the same source about marginalized women in IDP camps.

Sexual violence is not common unless you are in IDP camps.

I encourage anyone to read the source fully https://www.hrw.org/report/2014/02/...ve-point-plan-curtail-sexual-violence-somalia and not get swayed here by quotes taken out of contexts.

Summary of your own source.

Qouting your source.

I'm glad preventative measures are being taken but tell me sxb. Did you even read the article? or did you just see IDF and decide to completely dismiss this woman testimonial. How do you manage to divorce these statements from the rest of the 'overall low sexual violence" ? There are over 1.1 million internally displaced people in Somali... You're telling me they wouldn't skew the data? not even a little bit? Somalias medical services and the justice system are ill equip to support victims. The police is practically useless. So tell me how exactly where the rates of sexual violence recorded??? These are government controlled areas, I can't imagine what it's like in the rest of the country.

Yet again you ignore the evidence I provided that gender inequality leads to high rates of gender violence. Nor did you address the cavalier attitudes Somalis have towards rape victims. Our people don't care about victims of sexual assault sxb sry.

However the overall rate of sexual violence across the pond is low. Its high and common in Mogadishu IDP camps perpatrated by Militia man, Amisom, Soldiers and Alshabaab who do it with impunity not by local civilians

Tell me did you just glean that statement from Wikipedia without reading the actual citation lmao because the source linked in it completely destroys your entire argument

Somalia ranks second to Afghanistan as the worst country worldwide for women.72 Violence against women cuts across all social and economic strata, and is deeply embedded in Somali culture. The Somali customary system

Gender-based violence has been a significant feature of Somalia’s conflict, in which customary conventions to protect women and children and preserve human dignity have been violated.78 Rape and sexual violence against the displaced, particularly against members of rival clans and minority groups, are targeted strategies to weaken families and break down the social fabric of communities and societies. Even in some parts of Somalia where there is relative peace, high levels of sexual and gender-based violence persist, creating long-term threats to security and to women’s health.

and wait for it....
A low rate of sexual violence and rape was common in all areas, ranging from 2 percent to 13 percent, possibly because female youth, the main victims, were less likely to disclose such cases in the face of deep cultural and social stigmas.
:mjlol:

It shows some people are messed up in head, when they really try hard to distort and bend facts just to create false victimization :uCkf6mf:
False victim hood? and you call me messed up :kanyehmm:

I'm sorry your twisted sense of nationalism doesn't allow you to what in front of you. Your attitude is part of the problem.
I'm glad this shamefulness is being exposed, I'd not rather not my somali sisters to suffer in silence any longer :camby:

Some of the people in this thread must be rape victims :reallymaury:

Don't see any other reasons for these strong sentiments.

Who gives a f*ck about people suffering back home am I right? :drakekidding: it doesn't affect us here so why care at all lmaoooo

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
False victim hood? and you call me messed up :kanyehmm:

I'm sorry your twisted sense of nationalism doesn't allow you to what in front of you. Your attitude is part of the problem.
I'm glad this shamefulness is being exposed, I'd not rather not my somali sisters to suffer in silence any longer :camby:

Who gives a f*ck about people suffering back home am I right? :drakekidding: it doesn't affect us here so why care at all lmaoooo

:bell: That wasn't the suggestion. I was addressing the suggestion that it is widespread. It is a problem but it is not common place.

:bell: That wasn't the suggestion. I was addressing the suggestion that it is widespread. It is a problem but it is not common place.

Yes, yes all those credible sources from the UN etc suggesting that it's wide spread is all false, it's a conspiracy to make somalia look bad, you see :ayaanswag: ur opinion clearly trumps that

VixR

Veritas
That's the way of it. Keep pleading the fifth on everything siifican.
58538565.jpg

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Girls do roam the streets of Hargeisa alone at night, I don't know what rape masturbating fantasies you boys have been fed. There are some dark unlit parts of the city people generally avoid going alone but for the most part it's relatively safe.

I agree But rape happens still But not as much as Some make it seem

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Right wing publications read this site and take this as pure 100% fact.

AJ's antics have real life implications.

And before the accusations, no I'm not pro rape. I'm anti rape and anti MRA.

Dhabaal

Part time -Devils Advocate Full time- Anarchist
You can strawman people all you want. Nobody condones or denies that rape is happening.

But you guys are distorting and bending facts. You are trying to victimize the whole country for something that happens to marginalized displaced people women in Mogadishu IDP Camps by Amisom, Alshabaab, and militia men as part of weapons of war who this with impunity.

All the UN articles you quoted was referring to this and then you try to mix it with your own subjective opinions to create false perceptions.

.The government needs justice reforms to tackle that.

Rape is not common unless you are in IDP camps and the perpetrators are not local civilians they are Armed men,Alshabaab, Amisom and Soldiers who exploit their authority.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Those people who are claiming that rape is common in Somalia are apart of the problem. Rape isn't just common in Somalia, it's normal according to the human rights watch. Are one third are under 18.

https://www.hrw.org/report/2014/02/...ve-point-plan-curtail-sexual-violence-somalia

What's even worse is that instead of actually trying to tackle the epidemic head on, the victims are blamed. Somalia, in 2015, has also been named the worse country to be a mother.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-for-sexual-violence-in-somalia-10229605.html

Among them is 14-year-old Fatima who was abducted and raped by a tuk-tuk driver after he spotted her selling sweets on the streets.

When the police arrived they arrested both Fatima and her attacker. Although her abuser was quickly released, Fatima was detained by the police for a month and was repeatedly raped by the prison guard.

Fatima was eventually set free by her aunt and the help of women’s charity The Elman Centre.

There are more cases where the victims are blamed and incarcerated for being sexually assaulted.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4413021

A 19-year-old Somali woman was sentenced to a six-month jail term Monday for reporting her rape to a news outlet, and two journalists were also sentenced for publishing the story, according to Al Jazeera.

The woman, who was charged with “defamation and lying,” received a suspended sentence and will serve the time in her home.

The road to tackling a problem is by first acknowledging there is one.

Dhabaal

Why do you guys conveniently leave out that the articles are all referring to IDP camps, displaced people who are exploited by Amisom,Alshabaab and govt Soldiers who enact violence as a weapons of war.

Armed assailants, Amisom, including members of state security forces, operating with complete impunity, sexually assault, rape, beat, shoot, and stab women and girls inside camps for the displaced and as they walk to market, tend to their fields, or forage for firewood. Members of Somalia’s long marginalized minority communities are particularly at risk.

@Dhabaal You have no evidence to back up your claim. Your source directly contradicts your argument.

Keep denying the truth.

Evidence, except the UN and Human rights watch sources you posted who all explicitly talk about rape inn IDP camps carried out by Militansts and armed men in Uniform not by civilians. It is common in IDP camps.

That Sexual violence rate is 2% to 13% which is low.

There is no truth to what you are saying you are taking facts and constructing lies out of it.

Last edited:

Dhabaal

They take facts --------> ''Rape epidemic in IDP Camps perpetrated by Militia men, Alshabab, Amisom and Soldiers who enact violence on displaced women with impunity'''

Then use it to construct lies -------> '' Rape is common , somali culture bla bla'''

Why do you guys conveniently leave out that the articles are all referring to IDP camps, displaced people who are exploited by Amisom,Alshabaab and govt Soldiers who enact violence as a weapons of war.

Evidence, except the UN and Human rights watch sources you posted who all explicitly talk about rape inn IDP camps carried out by Militansts and armed men in Uniform not by civilians. It is common in IDP camps.

That Sexual violence rate is 2% to 13% which is low.

There is no truth to what you are saying you are taking facts and constructing lies out of it.

Again sexual violence rate are low due to the stigma attached in reporting it.

Stay delusion :drakekidding:

Dhabaal

Stay delusion :drakekidding:

You really have no idea what you are talking about?:bell:. Why do you like arguing just fort the sake of arguing?

They don't calculate sexual violence rate with how many report it. Or else they would not now how many were un-reported.

Secondly this doesn't prove anything in every country in every part of the world most rape crime are not reported for the same reasons you mentioned

Here is the statistics of sexual violence in the United States

The Vast Majority of Perpetrators Will Not Go to Jail or Prison
https://www.rainn.org/statistics/criminal-justice-system
Out_Of_1000_Rapes%20112816.svg

Sexual violence is notoriously difficult to measure, and there is no single source of data that provides a complete picture of the crime.

Dhabaal

According to this dumbo the United States,Canada and every country in the world endorses and apologizes rape and facilitates for rape culture because majority go undereported :snoop:

Why don’t women In Canada report rape? Because most get no justice when they do
http://globalnews.ca/news/1845136/w...ape-because-most-get-no-justice-when-they-do/
sexual-assault_poll_p0y.jpg

Diana Jesson was a teenager sleeping over at a friend’s house the first time she was sexually assaulted. Her young age is not uncommon: 62 per cent of the women surveyed were under 18 for at least one of the sexual assaults they experienced.

“I didn’t know what to do,” she told Global News in an interview years later. She approached a family member she trusted.

“I told her what had happened. I said, ‘I need to go to police, this was wrong.’ She discouraged me. And it was brushed under the carpet. And I carried that for years

:ohlord: Only 1% of sexual violence in Canada is reported, it is because of rape apologists and rape culture.

Dhabaal

You see now why i support ''Restorative'' measures in tackling sexual assault and bring sufficient justice for the victims.

When it comes to sexual assault in the current western criminal system, it is widely accepted in the fact that State vindicates harm, most recent feminist scholarship has shown conclusively that the harm of rape is not recognized or understood within the terms of criminal law. Some feminists suggest that because women's experiences of sexual violence are ultimately "disqualified" by criminal law and justice system processes

Where as in a restorative justice system, it completely recognizes the harm and experiences of victims of sexual violence. At the same time hold the perpetrator accountable to responsibility.

I've heard stories how the victim was married to her rapist. ''To cover shame''. If the woman stems from a smaller/weaker clan she's more doomed.

Although i dont like to endorse negatives issuses about somalis i myself was daqan celised for 4 years hargeisa and laascaanood and rape is really prevalent and every xafaad has a rape squad thats what i call em ussualy late night qaad chewers who pray on girls who are out past sun down they drag em into broken down houses that havent been rebuilt since war times called qaraabads bk home rape needs to stopped bk home

Dhabaal

I've heard stories how the victim was married to her rapist. ''To cover shame''. If the woman stems from a smaller/weaker clan she's more doomed.

What you are talking about is married rape that happens within the context of weapons of war by milita , and soldiers.

Forced marriages are not common or cultural at all. If it does happen, it happens in very poverty stricken places in the countryside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending