Rape is very common in Somalia/land and other Somali regions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
:pachah1:Nice deflection. You still didn't answer the question. If 9/10 Somali men are rape apologists, how many are in your family? Statistically speaking there must be many. Your father? Your brothers? Uncles? Cousins?

Watch her deflect again and not answer.

Any and all Somali men connected to Duchess are diamond in the rough. Rarities :chrisfreshhah:

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
Pointing out the truth isn't hate.
You know what, if you honestly think rape is rampant in Somalia I wouldn't mind opening up a dialogue because rape is a heinous crime that destroys lives. I don't support rape nor do the vast majority of Somali men. Give me statistics or even anecdotal evidence that makes you think rape is a real issue in Somalia. What do you think the problem is?

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
Before I leave I'd like to present @Duchess with this:

kxJJw3p.jpg

The Official SomaliSpot Special Snowflake Award! It's given only to the rarest, most precious of snowflakes. Be proud girl! You earned it!:salute:

Dhabaal

Part time -Devils Advocate Full time- Anarchist
This is the fault of other Somali men, for allowing the criminals amongst them to get away with such behavior.

All countries and societies have rapists. The difference is that other countries incarcerate their rapists at higher rates. Now, we don't have statistics on the incarceration rates of rapists in Somalia, but I'm gonna assume it's very low.

I tried to explain it in another thread and i got straw-manned for it.. Its because Somalis are using restorative justice measures.

http://restorativejustice.org/rj-li...ustice-a-journey-back-a-journey-forward/2214/

Although i believe the justice system is in a process of improving and reconstructing itself, so it isn't perfect. There is a lot of juvenile activity in Somalia as well and lack of formal institutions.

So justice reforms and informed discussions on this needs to be done.

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
Lowkey AbdiJohnson is one of the funniest characters i've ever seen on the net
At times I suspect he's just your average farax with a wife and kids that enjoys a second life on the internet. He'll be browsing CNN in his macawis sipping tea while having a plate of laxoox next to his laptop. Then he'll come across a ridiculous article and think "that'll make their head pop".

Then he says shit like this:
No such thing as rape for a gay man. Its called rough sex.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
There's a deeply rooted problem when it comes to what @merka wrote but other than that if we're honest with ourselves here and set aside our troll personifications.. it isn't even common back home nor is it tolerated as you're trying to make it seem like.

It isn't part of our deen or dhaqan or anything for that matter.

I agree that more should/could be done but slide out of here with that
topfive.png
shit.

Mike Hunt

Astra incliant sed non obligant
At times I suspect he's just your average farax with a wife and kids that enjoys a second life on the internet. He'll be browsing CNN in his macawis sipping tea while having a plate of laxoox next to his laptop. Then he'll come across a ridiculous article and think "that'll make their head pop".

Then he says shit like this:

lol I wouldn't be surprised :hemad:

This is happening because of a lack of security and a sexually repressed society
Rape is pretty rare but when it happens, no one can do anything about it unless the victims family takes it into their own hands

Lol @ me being a husband with kids. Keep begging that I'm an internet character. These people want to so badly assume Somalis like me don't exist.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Any and all Somali men connected to Duchess are diamond in the rough. Rarities :chrisfreshhah:

Mashallah, don't give them the evil eye.

You know what, if you honestly think rape is rampant in Somalia I wouldn't mind opening up a dialogue because rape is a heinous crime that destroys lives. I don't support rape nor do the vast majority of Somali men. Give me statistics or even anecdotal evidence that makes you think rape is a real issue in Somalia. What do you think the problem is?

You don't think rape is a real issue in Somalia? Please go read up on rapes in IDP camps across Somalia/land and let's see if you still hold the same opinion. Most of these rapes go unreported because the perpetrator(s) will go unpunished so even if the vast majority of Somali men don't "support" rape, on a societal level they don't condemn it. This is reflected in our laws and attitude towards rape. Now imagine being a woman from a minority or shunned clan. The law won't protect you and your family/clan can't protect you. Most of these women are lucky if they don't get assaulted once in their life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending