Rape is very common in Somalia/land and other Somali regions

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
I was arguing about tribalism? What does that even mean? :mindblown: Because i corrected you with actually information about Somali social structure you think it means i argued for tribalism?

Weren't you the one saying mentally ill people deserve to die alone and they are beneath everyone else. and they should not get the oppurtunity for marriage. You also likened Somalis to animals. Yet you consider your own views honest and not radical and dishonest.

You were also spewing bulshitt about the quran with something from the bible, then saying people should prioritize giving charity to strangers before their relatives.:pachah1:
Siifican put words in my mouth dhabaal waxid, it's the only way u win lmao. Wallahi you're useless point of fact.

Dhabaal

Part time -Devils Advocate Full time- Anarchist
There's literally pages gone by that you've ignored whilst repeating the same talking points. Stop purposely blinding yourself. Idk what u get out of your countless blind-deaf crusades on here.

I repeat them because they are relevant to what we are discussing.

Can you tell me what restorative justice is and cross compare it to punitive justice for me?
So people can see how you don't even know half the shit you are talking about.:kodaksmiley:

Jujuman

Accomplished Saaxir
@Dhabaal Saaxib, why don't you identify for us the 3 biggest problems Somalia faces because your comments seem to pass off Somalia as a stable country with a few problems here and there.

VixR

Veritas
I repeat them because they are relevant to what we ardiscussing.

Can you tell me what restorative justice is and cross compare it to punitive justice for me?
So people can see if how you don't even know half the shit you are talking about.:kodaksmiley:
Not only were the definitions of punitive (punishment) and restorative ("rehab" and "reconciliation") justice defined and discussed ad nauseum along with accompanying videos and texts, but everything was laid out on how it and diya have shortcomings and pitfalls in reference to the crime of rape with reports and documents and studies, all of which you subsequently ignored while posting the exact same video with the exact, word for word talking points over and over again :susp:

Dhabaal

@Dhabaal Saaxib, why don't you identify for us the 3 biggest problems Somalia faces because you seem to pass of Somalia as a stable country with a few problems here and there.

I don't pass it off as stable country nor do i considered it perfect culture or perfect society. See this is what i mean when i say you guys are constantly strawmanning me.

I talk about the problems and issues constructively. I balance the good with negative.

Somalia has all sorts of different problems that needs correcting. Like illiteracy,violence,khat, corruption, inequality etc.

3 main issues in my book

-- Incompatible governmental system

---Lack of reconciliation

-- Chronic foreign Meddling

Dhabaal

Not only were the definitions of punitive (punishment) and restorative ("rehab" and "reconciliation") justice defined and discussed ad nauseum along accompanying videos and texts, but everything was laid out on how it and diya have shortcomings and pitfalls in reference to the crime of rape, all of which you subsequently ignore while posting the exact same video with exact, word for word talking points over and over again :susp:

I didn't ask you for rhetoric.

I asked you tell me what restorative justice is and give me comparison of punitive justice.? in a more broader scope.

It is very simple test to show you know what you are even talking about.

VixR

Veritas
I didn't ask you for rhetoric.sh

I asked you tell me what restorative justice is and give me comparison of punitive justice.?

It is very simple test to show you know what you are even talking about.
It's all in the parentheses. Restorative justice in the example of rape would be for the rapist and victim to come together in a powwow where he would say he's ever so sorry, and "reconcile". Punitive, the state punishes the offender with jail time, or whatever the books show for rape as punishment for the crime within that society.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Although i dont like to endorse negatives issuses about somalis i myself was daqan celised for 4 years hargeisa and laascaanood and rape is really prevalent and every xafaad has a rape squad thats what i call em ussualy late night qaad chewers who pray on girls who are out past sun down they drag em into broken down houses that havent been rebuilt since war times called qaraabads bk home rape needs to stopped bk home

Yes, I went to Hargeisa in 2013 during Ramadan period and some of the things we were told was highly disturbing. One story that almost made my skin jump from my body, was of a niqabi woman who was on her way alone to Taraweh salah. On her way there, she was confronted with a couple people and gang raped. Her situation was mostly acknowledged due to her known religiosity but no such sympathies are given to women who people deem as "immodest".

Dhabaal

It's all in the parentheses. Restorative justice in the example of rape would be for the rapist and victim to come together in a powwow where he would say he's ever so sorry, and "reconcile".

Here you have ignorance and intellectual dishonesty at display.:bell:

Dhabaal

So let me get this straight unless i lie, detract ,insult, negatively stereotype, victimize and degrade 24/7 both my home country and my community.

Nothing i say can be trusted?

I am suddenly a ubber staunch pro-somalist who , an apologist, deplorable person because i don't follow their hatefilled-herd or even if i for once speak favorably it is wrong.

Unlike some who can be intellectual, disagreement and debate is not part of their repertoires.

Despite not personally studied or read most of the people and the culture they shit talk , to disagree with any aspect of populous Anti-Somali media ideology is to be in their cross hairs and treated with vitriol.

People in Somalispot are all wrong because we don't shout ''BACKWARDS,BACKWARDS,BACKWARDs loud enough

VixR

Veritas
I don't pass it off as stable country nor do i considered it perfect culture or perfect society. See this is what i mean when i say you guys are constantly strawmanning me.

I talk about the problems and issues constructively. I balance the good with negative.

Somalia has all sorts of different problems that needs correcting. Like illiteracy,violence,khat, corruption, inequality etc.

3 main issues in my book

-- Incompatible governmental system SHARIA LAW :fittytousand:

---Lack of reconciliation RESTORATIVE JUSTICE :fittytousand:

-- Chronic foreign Meddling DEM GAALS:fittytousand:

Am I close?

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump

Dhabaal

3 main issues in my book

-- Incompatible governmental system SHARIA LAW :fittytousand:

Sharia is a legal system not a governmental system , yes but not what i was talking about.

Decentralized Unitary System: A Possible Middle Ground Model for Somalia
http://english.dohainstitute.org/release/43f3704c-9788-4386-bf36-361fa4bb0539

---Lack of reconciliation RESTORATIVE JUSTICE :fittytousand:

Yes. Reconciliation, is when former enemies agree to an amicable truce. I bet you don't know for a war to end people need to reconcile.

Somalia, No Political Legitimacy without Genuine Reconciliation

http://foreignpolicyblogs.com/2015/...al-legitimacy-without-genuine-reconciliation/

Reconciliation is necessary as it deflates the hateful narrative that sustains inter-clan distrust and enmity. It opens a new page for negotiating the terms of a social contract that will allow for co-existence. It enables the center and the peripheries to recognize their interdependence. It plays a significant role in teaching future generations that impunity and the habit of sweeping problems under rugs only makes matters worse. It sets in motion a genuine process of repairing our broken nation.

Finally, reconciliation is a critical post-conflict element necessary for healing and trust-building; it is a noble objective and a process that takes time. Neither its pace nor its broad impact could be rushed for political expedience.
-- Chronic foreign Meddling DEM GAALS:fittytousand:

Nothing to do with Gaalo's. Self determination is an inalienable human right

the determining by the people of the form their government shall have, without reference to the wishes of any other nation, especially by people of a territory or former colony.
self-determination refers to the characteristic of people that leads them to make choices and decisions based on their own preferences and interests, to monitor and regulate their own actions and to be goal-oriented and self-directing.

Less chronicle foreing meddling = More Self determination

Am I close?

Not even. You would tho if you didn't use person incredulities and strawmans. I am sure you don't even know what they mean.

This right here ---------> ''A low rate of sexual violence and rape was common in all areas, ranging from 2 percent to 13 percent, possibly because female youth, the main victims, were less likely to disclose such cases in the face of deep cultural and social stigmas''

Is not even a quote from any study it is your own subjective opinions you try to pass of as legit. :kodaksmiley:.

Oh my daaaaaaaaays :mjlol: Click. On. The. Fucking. Citation

According to the UNDP, Somalia has a low overall rate of sexual violence.

In 2012, the reported nationwide prevalence rate ranged from 2% to 13%.[202]
<====== CLICK ON THE NUMBER

link to citation.png
<======= LOOK IT'S THE SOURCE!!!1
http://hdr.undp.org/sites/default/files/reports/242/somalia_report_2012.pdf

GO TO CHAPTER 3, PAGE 71

another citation lmao.png

Lewwwk! I included highlights and underlined the important bits, u won't miss it this time :krs:This is why u shouldn't use Wikipedia sxb, anyone can change stuff on there and purposley omit facts to distort the truth like u

It is a fair comparison. Sexual violence is underrereported across every country in the world, and victims are discouraged by their families, they feel shame or want to move on. This isn't particular to Somalis. In canada only 1% of victims report the crime.

The fact that you are emphasizing ''3rd world'' as some distinction illustrates your prejudice. Of how you view the same crime in both areas differently from some Primitive vs progressive bias.

This has no basis because Sexual violence is sexual violence.

Victims in western countries are vindicated and Offenders go free. out of 1000 sexual violence cases in America 994 offenders go free.

How about u actually try and engage ur brain before screaming bigot? if you'd just think a bit harder it would make sense sxb

You seem unable to link things together

Somalia IS a 3rd world country which means it offers less protection than a first world country. If a first world country like Canada has issues with rape then what makes you think mostly lawless somalia would be any different lmao it would be WORSE

Look let me break it down for you as simply as I can

No institutions in place to protect vulnerable ppl ===> Law enforcement are often corrupt and don't do their jobs probably =====> criminals aren't prosecuted =====> Encourage ppl to commit certain crimes because they can get away with it ====> Crime becomes common

This doesn't even get into the fact that women in Somalia are treated like 2nd class citizens lol

Dhabaal

<====== CLICK ON THE NUMBER

View attachment 9868 <======= LOOK IT'S THE SOURCE!!!1
http://hdr.undp.org/sites/default/files/reports/242/somalia_report_2012.pdf

GO TO CHAPTER 3, PAGE 71

View attachment 9867

OK!? :umwhat: What does this prove?

Somalia IS a 3rd world country which means it offers less protection than a first world country. If a first world country like Canada has issues with rape then what makes you think mostly lawless somalia would be any different lmao it would be WORSE

Look let me break it down for you as simply as I can

No institutions in place to protect vulnerable ppl ===> Law enforcement are often corrupt and don't do their jobs probably =====> criminals aren't prosecuted =====> Encourage ppl to commit certain crimes because they can get away with it ====> Crime becomes common

This doesn't even get into the fact that women in Somalia are treated like 2nd class citizens lol

Somalia has laws and institutions, but they are not perfect and they need improvement. Never disputed this

I am a aware of all the issues with the justice system and i have said it needs a reform and which is the enforce policies that make offender liable.

Which is the main issue making offenders liable.

Now what i was referring to is low reporting of the crime is common throughout both the first and third world for similar reasons. It is not because it accepted crime and nothing particular to Somalia.

Last edited:

Dhabaal

Look at my previous post and show me where i denied anything you said.

I have been to Puntland i can confirm that sexual violence does indeed happen, never denied that or excused it.
Like i said , Somalia needs justice reforms and restructuring their justice systems, they need to enforce rational restorative justice and some form of puntive justice. Or else the perpetrator will be absolved liability

Punitive justice will commensurate with the gravity of the offence and solely restitution/compensation will be insufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending