Qabyalad Made Somalis Cucks For Oromo

Interesting info. If you don’t mind me asking, is your dads grandma Oromo or Harari?

I really don’t know how all the genetic stuff works. All I know is Akichu(Akisho) were originally Oromo and were one of the clans mentioned in the Oromo expansion. They are the ones who went furthest east.

If your Obo grandma hails from an area with a Somali population, she would have or her family would have heavily mixed with the local Somalis. Has your dad done the dna test? If so what’s his maternal haplogroup or any of your relatives from that branch.

I’d like to see some Akichu results, they’d be interesting. Many Hararge Oromos show anywhere from 10% to 40-45% on their dna results. At least those living in east Hararge and the related people on my dna results.

I'm not entirely sure, im assuming she was Oromo as we father hails from Baabili area specifically a place called 'Haradiintu' where Sehawle karanle live.

My Grandma is also from Babili area.

No my father hasn't done the DNA test so I don't know what his maternal haplogroup is.

But I'm sure that my DNA composition would have shown much more Ethiopian had my grandma's clan been originally Oromo. Allahu alam.

Karra Hayyu = Karrayyu, the oldest and purest Bareentu Oromos. They’re not Hawiye. The Hawiye you’re speaking of are the within the Babile subclan living around Babille.

Are you trying to say the Wallo Oromos are Kaariye as well, they’re a subclan of Karrayyu.

So is the Boran clan of Karrayyu, they’re originally the same as those in the Awash that got added into the Boran clan. This clan has nothing to do with Karanle.
I am confused. Do you guys group them under Barentu or Boran? How can they be both? As far as their origin is concerned, there is no doubt the Karrayyu of Awasa and Matahara are Karanle. Apart from Babile/Awasa area, Karanle lives in i Miy, Qarsadula, Mieso, Negele Bale, Matahara, Sidamo & Somalia. The Bale, Babile and Matahara elders all say they are by lineage Karanle. No suprise if this Karaayu is found all the way south among the boran because there is historical evidence that Hawiye were present in Bale very early in history. Bale Sultanate in Ethiopia was founded in the 13th century by Sheikh Hussein (Baliyaalow) from Merka, Somalia. His Lineage - Abgaal, Daud, Hawiye, Somali. Some of his last soldiers before the collapse of his sultanate included Karanle & Ajuran. At Dire Hussein, remnants of Abgaal still live. Even today our Hawiye Brothers run the economy in Oromia, especially in Bale region: Karanle run Ghindir (biggest commercial town in Bale) and Robbe (capital).
hawiye bale.jpg

Below is the shrine of Sheikh Hussein in Bale

dir heussein shrine.jpg

Even the great General and leader Waqo Gutu responsible for the Bale revolt is said to be of Somali Karanle origin . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waqo_Gutu
waqo gutu.jpg

From Baeda Maryam to menelik, bale and harar were connected and food used to be transported.

Attachments

• hawiye bale.jpg
    hawiye bale.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
You know what there might be some truth to it. The karaayu oromo found in shewa are camel pastoralist with the same camel culture as that of the somalis. We know that historically speaking and even to the present time oromo were not camel pastoralist. I even saw an oromo that places the karaayu oromo under samaale so we might be on to something.

Thanks for this usefull information. I remember reading somewhere that a western traveller wrote about how the Karaayu were assimilated Somalis. I just need to find this document somewhere. But no doubt the Karayyu elders will tell you that they are kaariye but are proud oromo at the same time.

I am confused. Do you guys group them under Barentu or Boran? How can they be both? As far as their origin is concerned, there is no doubt the Karrayyu of Awasa and Matahara are Karanle. Apart from Babile/Awasa area, Karanle lives in i Miy, Qarsadula, Mieso, Negele Bale, Matahara, Sidamo & Somalia. The Bale, Babile and Matahara elders all say they are by lineage Karanle. No suprise if this Karaayu is found all the way south among the boran because there is historical evidence that Hawiye were present in Bale very early in history. Bale Sultanate in Ethiopia was founded in the 13th century by Sheikh Hussein (Baliyaalow) from Merka, Somalia. His Lineage - Abgaal, Daud, Hawiye, Somali. Some of his last soldiers before the collapse of his sultanate included Karanle & Ajuran. At Dire Hussein, remnants of Abgaal still live. Even today our Hawiye Brothers run the economy in Oromia, especially in Bale region: Karanle run Ghindir (biggest commercial town in Bale) and Robbe (capital).View attachment 258730

View attachment 258742

Even the great General and leader Waqo Gutu responsible for the Bale revolt is said to be of Somali Karanle origin . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waqo_Gutu
View attachment 258740
From Baeda Maryam to menelik, bale and harar were connected and food used to be transported.

They’re grouped into Bareentu. A portion of them joined the Borana long ago. Not only did we Oromos assimilate peoples or ethnic groups, we’ve also adopted Oromo clans into other Oromo clans. This was usually practiced for war and also after battle losing numbers, allying clans or subclans would join to build your clans numbers.

A good example of this is my clan. They’re originally Jarso but became Noole due to losing a lot of our men in battle. The 2 are brother clans or sub clans of the same clan, so they’re always there for each other.

Listen, the Karrayu in Mataharra, Fantalle and all of east Shawa are Oromo period. They may have a very small portion of Hawiye amongst them, but the clan is really old. They’re the oldest bareentu clan with the longest and oldest Gada practice amongst us.
Just because they have a similar name doesn’t mean they’re Kaariye. The Camel culture was adopted through neighbouring Afar. They used to herd Cows like all other Oromos.

No Karanle clan has practiced the Gada system since the Bareentu expansion from Mada Walabu Bale. The Karrayyu have the names of all Abba Gadas from back then in the 16th century up until the current Abba Gada of their clan.

Garaad diinle

 
Thanks for this usefull information. I remember reading somewhere that a western traveller wrote about how the Karaayu were assimilated Somalis. I just need to find this document somewhere. But no doubt the Karayyu elders will tell you that they are kaariye but are proud oromo at the same time.

We only know that they share a camel culture with us somalis and that they have both the name kaarayu and samaalo which indicates a strong somali ancestry. Today there are 7-10 million somalis in the somali region and add to that a third of hararghe are said to be somali in origin meanwhile afars number barely 2 million. If we go back in time say a 100 years somalis in dds would've numbered above a million while the afar would've been a quarter of a million fitting snugly in a small neighbourhood in modern day mogadishu.

It's much more likely that the camel culture was propagated by somalis rather than afars keep in mind that futuh al-habasha didn't bother to include any afar clan or even call them by name while the portuguese at the same time period did mention the afars. This means that when it comes to the hararghe awash and shewa afar were irrelevant but on the coast they were more prominent. In fact i even seen a kaarayu oromo call his knife toorrey which is the same in somali.

Anyhow we can't know for sure unless they do a genetic testing then and only then can we get a satisfying answer. Simply saying these are oromos isn't enough convincing evidence since oromos are notaries for their assimilation so much so that they even assimilate themselves. I remember reading a heated discussion on twitter between an oromo from haraghe and a somali. The oromo was swearing that the hawiya from warra babile were oromos while the somalis was arguing against that. We all know that warra babile are somalis no doubt about that but this oromo fella was wholly convinced that they were oromos.

Today you might find someone who is thoroughly convinced that they are oromo and that they've been oromo for centuries only to discover that they are not. Case and point the video below. You see the afran qallo female in the video bellow from her maternal side is of indian origin. You could say she is a fifth generation indian from her maternal side. Her indian side came to east africa married someone from hararghe an oromo girl. His son travelled to shewa married an oromo girl and the son of this man married an amhara women. In other words there is no somali lineage from her maternal side.

Meanwhile her paternal side came from hararghe and guess what? She actually got 23% somali. That's a significant portion of her ancestry and it means that she had a very recent somali ancestry despite the fact that her being told that her paternal family are pure oromo and has nothing to do with somalis. Many more genetic testing might prove that a lot of oromo found in east oromia might be of somali origin for all we know. There is no such thing as defiantly oromo unless you can prove it through genetic.

Last edited:

bidenkulaha

GalYare
I've always had a feeling you were half somali. Nah but for real imagine having all that fertile land yet come to somalia weird.
Me? I’m iska dhal Cayr Alhamdulilah. Just found it interesting a Oromo official is already so public about Makaniis, it’s clearly their policy to expand into DDS.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
I am confused. Do you guys group them under Barentu or Boran? How can they be both? As far as their origin is concerned, there is no doubt the Karrayyu of Awasa and Matahara are Karanle. Apart from Babile/Awasa area, Karanle lives in i Miy, Qarsadula, Mieso, Negele Bale, Matahara, Sidamo & Somalia. The Bale, Babile and Matahara elders all say they are by lineage Karanle. No suprise if this Karaayu is found all the way south among the boran because there is historical evidence that Hawiye were present in Bale very early in history. Bale Sultanate in Ethiopia was founded in the 13th century by Sheikh Hussein (Baliyaalow) from Merka, Somalia. His Lineage - Abgaal, Daud, Hawiye, Somali. Some of his last soldiers before the collapse of his sultanate included Karanle & Ajuran. At Dire Hussein, remnants of Abgaal still live. Even today our Hawiye Brothers run the economy in Oromia, especially in Bale region: Karanle run Ghindir (biggest commercial town in Bale) and Robbe (capital).View attachment 258730

View attachment 258742

View attachment 258740
An Oromo user on this site spoke about the abgaal daud remanents in bale/arsi regions. According to him they constitute the majority in the town of Arsi negele

Garaad diinle

 
The oromo expansion is now publicly indorsed and brazenly declared. This is a good reason for somalis to be worried. They're now claiming lands willy nilly at this point. The fact that he had a picture of fertile land is a clear indication of how he wants to control all agricultural land belonging to somalis on the border that has no oromo living on it.

This would've been a good reason for war if it was a country encroaching on another country's border but in ethiopia it appears that the state sanctioned expansion is blessed by the central government and carried out by the gluttonous regional states such as oromia and the afar region.

Last edited:
We only know that they share a camel culture with us somalis and that they have both the name kaarayu and samaalo which indicates a strong somali ancestry. Today there are 7-10 million somalis in the somali region and add to that a third of hararghe are said to be somali in origin meanwhile afars number barely 2 million. If we go back in time say a 100 years somalis in dds would've numbered above a million while the afar would've been a quarter of a million fitting snugly in a small neighbourhood in modern day mogadishu.

It's much more likely that the camel culture was propagated by somalis rather than afars keep in mind that futuh al-habasha didn't bother to include any afar clan or even call them by name while the portuguese at the same time period did mention the afars. This means that when it comes to the hararghe awash and shewa afar were irrelevant but on the coast they were more prominent. In fact i even seen a kaarayu oromo call his knife toorrey which is the same in somali.

Anyhow we can't know for sure unless they do a genetic testing then and only then can we get a satisfying answer. Simply saying these are oromos isn't enough convincing evidence since oromos are notaries for their assimilation so much so that they even assimilate themselves. I remember reading a heated discussion on twitter between an oromo from haraghe and a somali. The oromo was swearing that the hawiya from warra babile were oromos while the somalis was arguing against that. We all know that warra babile are somalis no doubt about that but this oromo fella was wholly convinced that they were oromos.

Today you might find someone who is thoroughly convinced that they are oromo and that they've been oromo for centuries only to discover that they are not. Case and point the video below. You see the afran qallo female in the video bellow from her maternal side is of indian origin. You could say she is a fifth generation indian from her maternal side. Her indian side came to east africa married someone from hararghe an oromo girl. His son travelled to shewa married an oromo girl and the son of this man married an amhara women. In other words there is no somali lineage from her maternal side.

Meanwhile her paternal side came from hararghe and guess what? She actually got 23% somali. That's a significant portion of her ancestry and it means that she had a very recent somali ancestry despite the fact that her being told that her paternal family are pure oromo and has nothing to do with somalis. Many more genetic testing might prove that a lot of oromo found in east oromia might be of somali origin for all we know. There is no such thing as defiantly oromo unless you can prove it through genetic.

There are some things you’ve stated that I agree with and others I don’t. Those in Hararge or at least east hararge for sure have some Somali amongst us. Further west, not likely. If you want to claim them, go make dawah to them as half of them practice waaqefatta.

Claiming a group of people who have been Oromo for a long time makes no sense. For some it does eg, the Hawiye of Babile who are part of the clan but still very Somali. But some groups have been Oromo since the time of the expansion making anything else foreign.

Me? I’m iska dhal Cayr Alhamdulilah. Just found it interesting a Oromo official is already so public about Makaniis, it’s clearly their policy to expand into DDS.
The oromo expansion is now publicly indorsed and brazenly declared. This is a good reason for somalis to be worried. They're now claiming lands willy nilly at this point. The fact that he had a picture of fertile land is a clear indication of how he wants to control all agricultural land belonging to somalis on the border that has no oromo living on it.

This would've been a good reason for war if it was a country encroaching on another country's border but in ethiopia it appears that the state sanctioned expansion is blessed by the central government and carried out by the gluttonous regional states such as oromia and the afar region.

Well tbh, we're soon reaching a point of no return. The Oromo state having ambitions is no secret, but the defeating silence of the DDS administration should be worrying. Imagine an area supposedly under your authority, and a neighbouring state with no borders (enclave) creating a district, a 10-ish km from the capital/largest city, but you're not even uttering a single word?!?!?

This shouldn't be said, but fck it. At this rate and with this DDS administration, we are bracing ourselves to be handed over to Oromia, sooner or later, even against our will. All of the area north of Jigjiga!!!

This specific town has a smaller number of my people, so we can't do much here. We live around it, so we have to see where they draw this supposed district first. But mark my words, more of these "subtle hand over" of land to Oromia will be done in the coming future through Cagjar. In the areas we are a minority, they will take this route. The area we are majority, they'll refrain but it will lead to clashes with Somali state forces and us, locals. Remember were you heard this first.

I think this new area is done to test the waters, more of symbolic move to see how to later go about it. Jarso has always been pro-Oromia. Though, this DDS gov't have treated them much better than the former, and they'll tell you how about it. So, I don't know what initiated this move. I'll refrain from speaking about beesha Samaroon, who live next by. From my impression, they are cooperative (& somewhat positive) with regards to that state. I even heard about representatives (from Lafa-Ciise) meeting with Oromo officials recently, (if I'm not wrong).

With that being said, all of this comes due to grievances the locals have with the DDS administration. Some feel like Oromia will give them better representations, their voice being heard etc. and they'll take this route. Others like us are completely against it and just seek a better DDS gov't to give us justice. But Oromia will sure take advantage of this, just like the development we see here.

We'll see what happens next. I recently saw ONLF chairman say that Cagjar/DDS gov't can't hand over anything legally anywhere in DDS to a neighbouring state. As he lack public legitimacy (from all sides), which is true and even the root cause of this. But they are powerless, just like all of us.

Last edited:
An Oromo user on this site spoke about the abgaal daud remanents in bale/arsi regions. According to him they constitute the majority in the town of Arsi negele
Yes, you mean the Oromo user who recently had his DNA results right? That Oromo user you are on about follows me on twitter and so do I follow him. He got told about the Hawiye in bale/arsi regions on twitter by Karanle guys who gave him all the resources.

Well tbh, we're soon reaching a point of no return. The Oromo state having ambitions is no secret, but the defeating silence of the DDS administration should be worrying. Imagine an area supposedly under your authority, and a neighbouring state with no borders (enclave) creating a district, a 10-ish km from the capital/largest city, but you're not even uttering a single word?!?!?

This shouldn't be said, but fck it. At this rate and with this DDS administration, we are bracing ourselves to be handed over to Oromia, sooner or later, even against our will. All of the area north of Jigjiga!!!

This specific town has a smaller number of my people, so we can't do much here. We live around it, so we have to see where they draw this supposed district first. But mark my words, more of these "subtle hand over" of land to Oromia will be done in the coming future through Cagjar. In the areas we are a minority, they will take this route. The area we are majority, they'll refrain but it will lead to clashes with Somali state forces and us, locals. Remember were you heard this first.

I think this new area is done to test the waters, more of symbolic move to see how to later go about it. Jarso has always been pro-Oromia. Though, this DDS gov't have treated them much better than the former, and they'll tell you how about it. So, I don't know what initiated this move. I'll refrain from speaking about beesha Samaroon, who live next by. From my impression, they are cooperative (& somewhat positive) with regards to that state. I even heard about representatives (from Lafa-Ciise) meeting with Oromo officials recently, (if I'm not wrong).

With that being said, all of this comes due to grievances the locals have with the DDS administration. Some feel like Oromia will give them better representations, their voice being heard etc. and they'll take this route. Others like us are completely against it and just seek a better DDS gov't to give us justice. But Oromia will sure take advantage of this, just like the development we see here.

We'll se what happens next. I recently saw ONLF chairman say that Cagjar/DDS gov't can't hand over anything legally anywhere in DDS. As he lack public legitimacy, which is true and even the root cause of this. But they are powerless, just like all of us.
Sad times wallah.

Garaad diinle

 
There are some things you’ve stated that I agree with and others I don’t. Those in Hararge or at least east hararge for sure have some Somali amongst us. Further west, not likely. If you want to claim them, go make dawah to them as half of them practice waaqefatta.

Claiming a group of people who have been Oromo for a long time makes no sense. For some it does eg, the Hawiye of Babile who are part of the clan but still very Somali. But some groups have been Oromo since the time of the expansion making anything else foreign.
No you got it all wrong i'm not claiming anyone here i'm simply speaking my mind and theorizing that's all. Ultimately it comes down to genetics which is the point of my post. I am simply curious to know the genetic marker for the oromo identity. By the way you're afran qallo if i'm not mistaken i mean it's in your username, have you done any of the available genetic testing? At any case we might not get a clear answer anytime soon since east african genetic research isn't very popular in the west.

No you got it all wrong i'm not claiming anyone here i'm simply speaking my mind and theorizing that's all. Ultimately it comes down to genetics which is the point of my post. I am simply curious to know the genetic marker for the oromo identity. By the way you're afran qallo if i'm not mistaken i mean it's in your username, have you done any of the available genetic testing? At any case we might not get a clear answer anytime soon since east african genetic research isn't very popular in the west.

No offence to Oromos, but growing up I've frequently heard of Oromos being a "confederation" of 'ethnic' Oromos & mostly Oromized people. But I've need dug deeper into this, so I don't know how accurate it is. Though, I was scrolling through Wikipedia recently, and I saw this.

Historical linguistics and comparative ethnology studies suggest that the Oromo people probably originated around the lakes Lake Chew Bahir and Lake Chamo.[22][21] They are a Cushitic people who have inhabited the East and Northeast Africa since at least the early 1st millennium. The aftermath of the sixteenth century Ethiopian–Adal war led to Oromos to move to the north.[38] The Harla were assimilated by the Oromo in Ethiopia.[39] While Oromo people have lived in the region for a long time, the ethnic mixture of peoples who have lived here is unclear.[37] The Oromos increased their numbers through Oromization (Meedhicca, Mogasa and Gudifacha), assimilation, and forced assimilation of other ethnic groups, as well as the inclusion of mixed peoples (Gabbaro).[37] The native ancient names of the territories were replaced by the name of the Oromo clans who conquered it while the people were made Gabbaros.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oromo_people

Interesting, as it's the opposite with Somalis who rarely Somalized people. Even when they settled around/amongst us, they still retained a distinct identity of their own. Like Somali-Bantus or Benadiri people, who still speak their own languages.

Last edited:

Trending