Puntland government to open its third operational airport in garowe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
@Karbashhhh have you seen how Wajaale looks like? it is not about size but being a proper city for that reason Garowe wins, it has one of the best city planning in Somalia and expensive villas.

Comparing Wajaale and Garowe is like comparing Detroit slums and Beverley Hills. :pachah1:

Wajaale
Wajaale-Somaliland.jpg

Garowe
DaLFI8fXUAA6_xF.jpg

You're forgetting that Wajaale is a commercial hub which Garowe cannot compete on. However, I do agree that Garowe has a good city planning but thanks to the UAE project in Berbera. Wajaale will look a lot better in future than Garowe after the railway between Berbera and Addis Ababa is completed.

Also, I do agree with you that Somaliland needs more airports since Hargeisa and Berbera is near. Ceerigaabo makes sense in the far eastern regions of Somaliland but you're forgetting that Puntland has small dusty airports while Somaliland ones are huge which is enough to sustain the entire Somaliland population but geographically I do agree with you that eastern Somaliland needs to be covered.

Bohol

VIP
@Factz Wajaale is a just a market town which the khat trade goes through. It is not a place for luxury living. Garowe has better city planning and roads than Hargeisa (capital of Somaliland) never-mind the smaller cities/towns.

@Bohol you're not upto speeed sxb. Wajaale just opened the largest market in Somaliland. They have an in land dry-port now where all goods imported from Berbera are sold and bought

@Factz give credit where it is due sxb. Puntland is leaps and bounds ahead of Somaliland in some ways. Somaliland has a lot to learn. Hopefully when we pick up Garowe + Boosaaso we will learn their tricks of the trade

Bohol

VIP
@Futurist as I said Wajaale is a market town not a place for residential living. The money that comes in from there doesn't go into the town but elsewhere. One of the reasons for that is many of the businessmen in Wajaale are not even locals but people from other regions so they take their money with them.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
@Factz Wajaale is a just a market town which the khat trade goes through. It is not a place for luxury living.

Lol, it's not. It's a business town where most of Somaliland economical contribution comes from and it will take advantage over it's strategic location once the rainway between Berbera and Addis Ababa is completed.

Learn what Wajaale is. Read below.

"Tog Wajaale (also known as Wajaale) is a major hub city situated on the border between Ethiopia and Somaliland. It is now the busiest city that links between the two countries. All imports destined to Ethiopia from the major port of Berbera go through this strategic border city, with a twin Ethiopian sister city on the other side of the bordered (also called Wajaale).

The customs offices located here collect the tax revenue for the national government through the central bank of the district in Hargeisa, which is now becoming the largest source of revenue for the Somaliland federal government."

Plus, I never compared it to Garowe for looks. I said in business wise, Garowe cannot compete and I also said in future if the UAE project is completed, Wajaale development will transform the city.

Bohol

VIP
@Factz Wajaale has potential in the future but that is all it is it for now
"a potential" a kid trying to proof itself. While Garowe is a adult which proofed itself over the
years and leaved big cities in the dust like Hargeisa in terms of infrastructure and city planning.
Ruunta ficaan.

:manny:

"a potential" a kid trying to proof himself. While Garowe is a adult which proofed itself and
leaved big cities in the dust like Hargeisa in terms of infrastructure and city planning. Ruunta
ficaan.

As someone that been to Garoowe, its expanding really fast there's a lot going on in that city lets give it 5 years and I think it might pass other bigger cities.

"a potential" a kid trying to proof itself. While Garowe is a adult which proofed itself over the
years and leaved big cities in the dust like Hargeisa in terms of infrastructure and city planning.
Ruunta ficaan.

Hargeisa > Garowe in terms of business, entertainment

Garowe > Hargeisa in terms of infrastructure

Bohol

VIP
As someone that been to Garoowe, its expanding really fast there's a lot going on in that city lets give it 5 years and I think it might pass other bigger cities.

On top of the nice roads and city planning they are also building a lot of hotels. Those kids are
unaware the amount of millions of dollars that goes into Garowe. It is very hard for the average
city in Somaliland to compete. Only Hargeisa had that chance but blew it (corruption) and the
city planning is all over the place it is too late. Berbera I think can compete if it is managed well.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
"a potential" a kid trying to proof himself. While Garowe is a adult which proofed itself and
leaved big cities in the dust like Hargeisa in terms of infrastructure and city planning. Ruunta
ficaan.

I never disagreed with you there abti but I'm saying in general Garowe cannot compete with Wajaale in terms of business and has a potential to become way better than Garowe once the railway between Berbera and Addis Ababa is competed and Wajaale will become the main spot for business.

IMG_66666E-920642-AFEA02-E75CF7-EC2BBB-7F9F42.png

As for Hargeisa, it is debatable. However, Addis Ababa will send engineers to beautify the city of Hargeisa. They will also donate 200 000 trees according to Somaliland political adviser Ali Mohamed Waran'ade who have long worked to beautify the city of Hargeisa. Roads and pavements will be made all over Somaliland with 200 thousand trees planted within the city. There will also be traffic lights and street lights too.

The project will almost start. Hargeisa will not be questioned again. :samwelcome:

Last edited:
Bohol again exposing himself as a sheegato. Garowe is a tiny city with no economic output. Showing little roads around the presidential palace is not going to prove anything. Hargeisa has a larger road network than the whole of puntland.

Once the port of hobyo gets built bosasso will go out of business. MJs will turn their attention to kismayo and jubaland.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
:deadosama: forget Addis. Just call the same Turkish firm that is building the roads in Garowe.

You're underestimating the Ethiopian engineers. They have a good city planning and major parts of Addis Ababa is developed. Just watch this and btw, they're doing this because they will get their share in Berbera which will also significantly boost our economy.

Bohol again exposing himself as a sheegato. Garowe is a tiny city with no economic output. Showing little roads around the presidential palace is not going to prove anything. Hargeisa has a larger road network than the whole of puntland.

Once the port of hobyo gets built bosasso will go out of business. MJs will turn their attention to kismayo and jubaland.

Why the need to hate? Learn to appreciate. Garowe and Bosaso are splendid in terms of city planning and infrastructure and they are miles of ahead of the rest of us. I'm not Reer Puntland.

Bohol

VIP
Why the need to hate? Learn to appreciate. Garowe and Bosaso are splendid in terms of city planning and infrastructure and they are miles of ahead of the rest of us. I'm not Reer Puntland.

They are funny kids. Instead of learning from the success of Garowe they decide to throw a tantrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending