Puntland Factories, Innovations and Industry Thread

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I said I'm not hating. I want pretty much every industry to be within Somalia. I'm kinda a protectionist fiscally. So I'm not hating. Does every piece of criticism equal hating

You don't see me bragging about this do you? Fiscally at a national level or regional level, it's not going to change living standards or production rates. Look what their producing, the actual product and what's it's worth and how much the investor has lost in 'investment' and 'ongoing costs'. You can tell how 'successful' he is by asking the employees how much they are paid. If they are paid '300' a month, well it's clearly because the product is low value an low profit margin so less pay.

That's why we are paid heavily high in the west because the product is expensive so the company can pay us better while not harming profits so this increases living standard of the local who can then create his own investments be it 'properties or cars' or whatever they do with their money. But it all boils down to what are YOUR PRODUCING MARKEEDI HORE IYO MUXU YAHAY QIIMAHISA THEN THEY WORK OUT TIME/EFFORT/COST YOU PUT IN AND MULTIPLY IT BY YOUR CITY POPULATION OR REGION POPULATION OR COUNTRY. Wa arin fican dhinaca 'local business' ah tani lakin ma aha 'arin economist' ku oran karo inay dalka wax wayn uu soo kordhiyeen.

This isn't their fault, it's our govt fault for not having proper economists who guide business investors into sectors that will help lift their people out of poverty. Not advice them to create water bottle plants or farming produces but 'high end product' value investments, it's up to economist to work out the finer detail how much money is needed, how much return will be achieved by looking at market scope of local and outside. What effect this will have on local living standards and wages, how this redistribute to the economy such as property purchases or car purchases, how other sectors will grow with inflowing capital. Economist work is very difficult but its needed but it's about wider economy so everyone is lifted up or benefited.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Damn I didn't know this. It was one of my suggestions to ensure our economic activity only manufactures 'high cost items' like furniture, cupboards, desks, office chairs, mattresses, beds, lounge rooms, toilets. This is great news they already ahead on the 8-ball. But imports are hurting them, this is when GOVT has to provide intervention and plan the economy to ensure no-one can buy foreign made products unless it's less then $100, anything above $100 the locals must use local production to support they're countries GDP growth. We must tell our importers they cannot import any product that has final product worth more then $100.

What I mean is if the single item costs more then $100, not volume based trade, they can bring in millions of dollars of 'daruri' items I don't care as long as the single product is cheaper then $100. This will ensure our business people will fill the GAP locally by creating the factories and produce high cost items and ensure our GDP figures are high.

The next challenge is securing markets. We need to expand from PL and go into SL with our products and then Somalia and keep pushing it to Djibouti and DDSI and NFD. We need brand building, strong advertisement in select countries like ethiopia and kenya to buy these products so we start becoming they're lifeline for expensive products.

@SirLancelLord thinks this region has no businesses, has he ever been there? we got way more economic activity happening then SL and we target the RIGHT industries. I suggest Puntland begin expansion plans and sell it's products beyond it's border, they need to secure new markets.

Last edited:

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
AN ENGINEER IN PUNTLAND MANUFACTURES A PEDAL-OPERATED HAND WASH SINK

TARABI.gif

Garowe ( PP News Desk ) — In response to preventive measures to combat Covid-18, Ahmed Said Tarabi, an engineer and his team have manufactured a pedal-operated hand wash sink.

With over forty years of experience in metal-based manufacturing and maintenance, Tarabi presented a demonstration of how to use the hand wash sink in Garowe . Several restaurants in Puntland have shown interest in buying the sink. The right leg is used to open the tap, and the left leg to use the antibacterial soap.

“As local technicians we have decided to do our bit in promoting good health practices as instructed by health professionals” Tarabi told VOA Somali Service. “The hand wash sink has a capacity of hundred litres of water”. Tarabi owns several workshops in Garowe. “We have sourced all materials locally to manufacture the hand wash sink” Tarabi said.

He expects his product to become widely used throughout Somalia.

© Puntland Post, 2020

All materials are sourced locally too, that's an achievement. If only things like this were subsidised, but good on him for the bright idea.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
All materials are sourced locally too, that's an achievement. If only things like this were subsidised, but good on him for the bright idea.
Long journey start with first step. Our country has man power with diaspora talent. Somalia will reach to new level in the coming years inshalla.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Long journey start with first step. Our country has man power with diaspora talent. Somalia will reach to new level in the coming years inshalla.
Amazing. Well done to the genius mashallah. May we replace the old era of insecurity and instability with peace and prosperity.

:salute:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Puntland Recycling Plant

Puntland is doing great in climate change targets. We are reducing our metals-plastic waste by recycling it into other products and selling it overseas. Puntland electricity is largerly sourced thru wind-solar mixed with fossil fuels at 90% rate in Garowe. Bosaso is expanding it's clean energy with solar farms. I think Puntland is the only region that has outright banned plastic bags also.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Keep working hard boys, keep producing products, keep up industralization(forklift machinery). Puntland is leading Somalia in production orientated economy.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Good job Puntland, no more manual method using southies. We can get rid of the southy infiltration of Puntland construction industry by simply adopting machinery and joining the rest of the world. These mixer company will speed up Puntland construction and quality when laying down the foundation. I urge all construction companies be forced to use these modern methods and fire all them southies who use the old manual mixing with their hands.

I'm not surprised to see new quarries and concrete batching plants popping up in Puntland with great quality systems in place. This place has their own dedicated lab technician testing their quarried and concrete products.

Trending

Latest posts