Prof. Opposes giving all Somalis living in Banadir right to vote

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
This is crazy. These people in 2023 want to claim the capital city as being owned by one tribe is nonsensical.

The reality is that they are insecure and they know they do not dominate xamar in terms of population. 50%+ of Xamar population is Rx and Madowweyne and dir clans.

They know if they Allow 1 man 1 vote a Abgaal or HG has slim chances of getting the gudoomiye. It is very likely other clans will be given the gudoomiye.

This is crazy it's like SWS saying only D&M can vote in 1 man 1 vote elections. Or Puntland saying only MJs can vote in 1 man 1 vote elections. It's absolute madness.

mohamedismail

I knew this was coming. There are so many people from Koonfur Galbeed in Xamar, they likely form the plurality, i.e largest single group. I’ve no doubt that there are more KG IDPs in Xamar than there are Abgaal.

Puntland allowed all IDPs the right to vote at the local level.

@Jungle @convincation @bidenkulaha @Rationale @Inquisitive_ soo gala
Also for you to say that all Rxs in xamar are idps is absolutely false. Xamar hosts a huge rx community that aren't idps, they are business owners, own land and homes in xamar.

Also what makes someone a idp. Majority of Rx in xamar are permenant residents. They have no intentions on going back to their original deegaan and call Banaadir their home.

Yes there are idps in xamar from koonfur galbeed but they are only a % of the reer kgs in xamar.

It’s not just xamar in major parts of Somalia if 1M1V were to happen some people would have no chance plus the xalane mafia wouldn’t allow a real democracy to happen in Somalia.
1701273211080.png

mohamedismail

Also beesha Hawiye love to claim canshuurteena lagu biila maamulada kale. If this Canshuur is being taken from Xamar residents regardless of tribe doesn't that include Rx Madowweyens Dirs and daaroods.

Everyone knows the most small business in xamar are by Rx. We dominate Bakaaraha. This is common knowledge. Doesn't that also means we contribute to a large chunk of canshuurta xamar.

We also constitute to a large percentage of ciidanka Xooga dalka. Whether they be in xamar or other parts of the country.

We and other tribes have every right to not only vote in xamar, but also become gudoomiye of Xamar and hold high position in Gobolka Banaadir.

Jungle

VIP

Jungle

VIP
So idps in xamar don't have a right to vote? Or would they be allowed to vote hypothetically.
Those xawaadle and sacad living in that shanty town FGS is about the clean up are no different than the rx who live in huts on the outskirts of the city. None should be allowed to vote.

XuseenS

Guul iyo Gobanimo

I knew this was coming. There are so many people from Koonfur Galbeed in Xamar, they likely form the plurality, i.e largest single group. I’ve no doubt that there are more KG IDPs in Xamar than there are Abgaal.

Puntland allowed all IDPs the right to vote at the local level.

@Jungle @convincation @bidenkulaha @Rationale @Inquisitive_
@IKHALIIL @Step a side @Banadiri Warrior
@XuseenS
Soo gala
It depends on whether one counts the IDPS as a Benadir residence. Personally I don't count them as benadir resident as they are only there temporarily

mohamedismail

Those xawaadle and sacad living in that shanty town FGS is about the clean up are no different than the rx who live in huts on the outskirts of the city. None should be allowed to vote.
That's crazy. So what qualifies someone to be able to vote. Shouldn't it be that they live in the region.

It's like when 1 man 1 vote reaches SWS them saying that any reer Galgaduud/mudug/middle shabeele can't vote as they aren't native to the region. That would be unnaceptable right.

So what makes this acceptable. Non muduloods have every right to become gudoomiye of Banaadir just like Mudulood.

mohamedismail

It depends on whether one counts the IDPS as a Benadir residence.
I would personally say that the idps should be allowed to vote. And if they aren't allowed to vote then the dowlad needs to send them back to their deegaans.

Also they need to identify which idps want to return to their original regions and which ones are now permenant residents of Banaadir.

mohamedismail

Fun fact. The first ever gudoomiye of Banaadir was Ali Omar Sheegow who was a Tunni, D&M man. He was Gudoomiye of Banaadir from 1958-1960.

It seems we are returning to that era. Soon another D&M will take his place as the rightful gudoomiye of Banaadir.

FB_IMG_1701277089461.jpg

Jungle

VIP
That's crazy. So what qualifies someone to be able to vote. Shouldn't it be that they live in the region.

It's like when 1 man 1 vote reaches SWS them saying that any reer Galgaduud/mudug/middle shabeele can't vote as they aren't native to the region. That would be unnaceptable right.

So what makes this acceptable. Non muduloods have every right to become gudoomiye of Banaadir just like Mudulood.
People who live in huts and jingads on land that is not theirs are automatically disqualified sxb regardless of qabil. Whats wrong with that? A elaay businessman/homeowner and his family are allowed to vote. The majority are idp sxb you know it.

And selling ciggaretes, sweets peanuts on the side of the road is not a business. Take that back to Baydhabo

I would personally say that the idps should be allowed to vote. And if they aren't allowed to vote then the dowlad needs to send them back to their deegaans.

Also they need to identify which idps want to return to their original regions and which ones are now permenant residents of Banaadir.

You shouldn't have to be a 'permanent resident' to vote in local and state election. The only requirements should be, to have lived an X amount of continuous years in a given region to be included part of a local consistency.

To make sure that people don't advantage of it, 5 years would be a reasonable timeframe, and the national ID should include the FMS every citizen reside.

This includes IDPs, until when/if they decide to move back and register residence in another deegaan. Otherwise, it doesn't not make sense to vote in a region they haven't lived for many years either.

An internally displaced person is not a resident, they should get the help they need to return to their deegaans. It doesn't matter what qabiil they are. To be eligible you would have to own a house imo.

Ok so who does Somalia belong to if certain community can't vote in some districts or cities even though they're citizens? :childplease:

Seems Somalis are literally low IQ delulu ppl

1701279562157.png

An internally displaced person is not a resident, they should get the help they need to return to their deegaans. It doesn't matter what qabiil they are. To be eligible you would have to own a house imo.

Why do you have to own a property to vote? Sounds ridiculous to introduce a prerequisite that barely exist in other democracies.

Any property of residence would understandable, whether rental or acquired, but not limiting to the latter only.

Otherwise, it would also mean that only the people whose name is on the deed would be allowed to vote, even if there are several people registered in a given address.

mohamedismail

People who live in huts and jingads on land that is not theirs are automatically disqualified sxb regardless of qabil. Whats wrong with that? A elaay businessman/homeowner and his family are allowed to vote. The majority are idp sxb you know it.

And selling ciggaretes, sweets peanuts on the side of the road is not a business. Take that back to Baydhabo

I hope you guys don't complain when these same laws are applied in Koonfur galbeed and jubbaland. Don't be complaining about we are not being given our Xuqooq.

Plus not most Rx are not idps it's the other way around. Most are homeowners/businessmen. Minority are idps

Why do you have to own a property to vote? Sounds ridiculous to introduce a prerequisite that barely exist in other democracies.

Any property of residence would understandable, whether rental or acquired, but not limiting to the latter only.

Otherwise, it would also mean that only the people whose name is on the deed would be allowed to vote, even if there are several people registered in a given address.
Being a houseowner would be proof of residency. The thing is I'm for anything that unites somalis but as long as we have qabiil based regions then we have to keep it that way. If you asked me we'd scrap whatever system we have in place and have a democracy based on somali dhaqan. Btw, can a somali move to tigray region and vote being an idp?

Trending

Latest posts