Prof. Opposes giving all Somalis living in Banadir right to vote

This is unrealistic and comes from a place of fear. There is a price to pay for being the capital, Abgaal will still dominate since they are the largest single subclan but it doesn't guarantee they will always hold the mayoral/governor position.

The thing is I'm for anything that unites somalis but as long as we have qabiil based regions then we have to keep it that way. If you asked me we'd scrap whatever system we have in place and have a democracy based on somali dhaqan. Btw, can a somali move to tigray region and vote being an idp?

Applying democracy in a qabiil based regions means that representations will be split according the population in a given area. Is it not fair as everyone get their fair share?

We've already seen local elections in PL where every residents were allowed to vote, including IDPs. So what's preventing other regions form doing the same?

Even though I somewhat agree that Somalis aren't ready for democracy in general, but definitely not for these reasons. And I'm not sure about how it works in Ethiopia with IDPs crossing regional states, only how it works in each state.

There is a population census taking place 7 months from now in the capital. We will all find out soon which clans dominate the capital city. 🤣

I knew this was coming. There are so many people from Koonfur Galbeed in Xamar, they likely form the plurality, i.e largest single group. I’ve no doubt that there are more KG IDPs in Xamar than there are Abgaal.

Puntland allowed all IDPs the right to vote at the local level.

@Jungle @convincation @bidenkulaha @Rationale @Inquisitive_
@IKHALIIL @Step a side @Banadiri Warrior
@XuseenS
Soo gala
Old fool. Send these bums to the care home. They've done enough damage to Somalia. Every somali deserves the right to vote

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Those xawaadle and sacad living in that shanty town FGS is about the clean up are no different than the rx who live in huts on the outskirts of the city. None should be allowed to vote.

HG and Xawaadle will vote by way of AK47. Abgaal cid aye ka adag yihiin Xamar waxa jira IDPs iyo Gibil Cad.

Xaqdaro ma waarto.

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
@Jungle according to the UN there are 1.4 million IDPs in Banadir, mostly in Kaxda and Dayniile. These IDPs are mostly from Lower Shabelle and Bay, few are from Bakool. These IDPs have urbanized in Xamar, they are not going to go back to the farm. There are too many of them to go back to the farm at this point, there is not enough land in Koonfur Galbeed to feed them.

Hawiye will have to figure out a way of sharing Xamar with D&M. I am not joking, these people are in Banadir permanently.
https://www.refugeesinternational.o...ban-face-of-internal-displacement-in-somalia/

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

#Puntlandfirst
VIP
PL gave voting rights to folks who come from over 1k miles away and these unukuleh folks can't to people who live a stone throw away in the so called capital? I don't know why reer PL behave civilized with people from the game reserve. I doubt the same would happened if the roles were reversed.

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
PL gave voting rights to folks who come from over 1k miles away and these unukuleh folks can't to people who live a stone throw away in the so called capital? I don't know why reer PL behave civilized with people from the game reserve. I doubt the same would happened if the roles were reversed.
That's a great point.

People act like D&M, Bantus and Biyomaals in xamar come from thousands of KM away. Afgooye is literally 25KM from Xamar. Baydhabo is a two hour drive from Xamar. Us Reer KGS belong in xamar as much as AB or HG.

Jungle

VIP
@Jungle according to the UN there are 1.4 million IDPs in Banadir, mostly in Kaxda and Dayniile. These IDPs are mostly from Lower Shabelle and Bay, few are from Bakool. These IDPs have urbanized in Xamar, they are not going to go back to the farm. There are too many of them to go back to the farm at this point, there is not enough land in Koonfur Galbeed to feed them.

Hawiye will have to figure out a way of sharing Xamar with D&M. I am not joking, these people are in Banadir permanently.
https://www.refugeesinternational.o...ban-face-of-internal-displacement-in-somalia/
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jungle

VIP
Stop the cap. Deni used those people to swing the vote. You were divided on here yourselves on whether they should be allowed to vote lol this was recent.

What was the number of IDPs that voted? And the turnout? Ciyaarta naga dhaafaa reer faanaaye. Xamar tuulo yar ma ahan hada tuuladi yareed aa rabtaan inaad iska dumisaan :dead:

Also for you to say that all Rxs in xamar are idps is absolutely false. Xamar hosts a huge rx community that aren't idps, they are business owners, own land and homes in xamar.

Also what makes someone a idp. Majority of Rx in xamar are permenant residents. They have no intentions on going back to their original deegaan and call Banaadir their home.

Yes there are idps in xamar from koonfur galbeed but they are only a % of the reer kgs in xamar.
Noticed alot of maxatiris with this agenda that raxanweyns just live in idp camps and poverty. There's been wealthy raxanweyns in Xamar since 1930s

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
@Jungle

Sxb I have closely followed this trend over the past 5 years, the numbers became unbelievable after the 2017 drought. Most of these people have been in Xamar for more than a decade at this point. I don't see it as a possibility that a HG who comes from Galkacyo to Hodan gets to vote, while an 18 yo D&M born in Xamar does not. We will not accept having the FGS be used for the ethnic cleansing of D&M. Walahi if such a thing were to happen, it would be the end of Somalia as a country.

This greatly complicates the establishment of a future Banadir state. If nearly half of the population cannot vote due to their clan, we can't support the creation of an apartheid state.

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
@Jungle

Sxb I have closely followed this trend over the past 5 years, the numbers became unbelievable after the 2017 drought. Most of these people have been in Xamar for more than a decade at this point. I don't see it as a possibility that a HG who comes from Galkacyo to Hodan gets to vote, while an 18 yo D&M born in Xamar does not. We will not accept having the FGS be used for the ethnic cleansing of D&M. Walahi if such a thing were to happen, it would be the end of Somalia as a country.

This greatly complicates the establishment of a future Banadir state. If nearly half of the population cannot vote due to their clan, we can't support the creation of an apartheid state.
🎯🎯🎯🎯

You hit the nail on the head!

#Puntlandfirst
VIP
Stop the cap. Deni used those people to swing the vote. You were divided on here yourselves on whether they should be allowed to vote lol this was recent.

What was the number of IDPs that voted? And the turnout? Ciyaarta naga dhaafaa reer faanaaye. Xamar tuulo yar ma ahan hada tuuladi yareed aa rabtaan inaad iska dumisaan :dead:
Every IDP who wanted to register and vote was allowed to. Some even got in city councils around PL. What has Deni intentions or some people opinions on this forum gotta do with anything? Of course Deni will try to win their votes after they got registered. That's how it works.

#Puntlandfirst
VIP
That's a great point.

People act like D&M, Bantus and Biyomaals in xamar come from thousands of KM away. Afgooye is literally 25KM from Xamar. Baydhabo is a two hour drive from Xamar. Us Reer KGS belong in xamar as much as AB or HG.
DM or Bantus ain't no IDP in Banadir or the regions close to it Stop being maskin and allow to be called a bloody IDP in your own degaans. I wish qabil census get done in the south. It will open alot of eyes

Trending