Oromos stealing somali attire

You know this clip is in Dire Dawa right? There is obviously huge Somali influence there. We don’t claim Dirac etc as our culture, they wear it out of appreciation and looks. And also many in this clip are Gurgura so last I checked, they were Somali.
they're claiming it as oromo that's the problem.

:dead::urgh::stressed:

They can keep that; it honestly looks like she's possessed or something.

@Sigala

Are you really complaining about people being under your soft-power umbrella?

:drakekidding::mjlol:
Soft power is like Americans eating sushi and watching anime. They dont claim it's theirs and they know its Japanese. These oromos claim our culture as theirs and come up with new names for them

:dead::urgh::stressed:

They can keep that; it honestly looks like she's possessed or something.

@Sigala

Are you really complaining about people being under your soft-power umbrella?

:drakekidding::mjlol:
I'm complaining because
a) is not their traditional attire and never will be
b) they should either recognize somali clothing or not wear it at all, the latter being the best option.
c) I don't like seeing other girls from other countries be the main characters lol

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Majority of the countries around the world have been influenced by other cultures. Somali food would not be the same without foreign influence. We are literally having this discussion in english.

Somalis got macawiis from yemenis who themselves got it from southeast Asia. No one cares when somalis say macawiis is our cultural clothing. Oromos have full right to say its their cultural clothing. Jobless somalis who have borrowed from countless cultures try to police others. You guys should be happy we have influenced others.

Soft power is like Americans eating sushi and watching anime. They dont claim it's theirs and they know its Japanese. These oromos claim our culture as theirs and come up with new names for them

I get what you're saying, but would you become incandescent with rage if some random person on the street ran up on you and claimed that your life was actually theirs -- or would you patronise them, have pity on them and slowly walk away?

It's not as though Oromos are going to convince anyone that your traditional garments are actually theirs

its-not-going-to-happen-no-way.gif

I'm complaining because
a) is not their traditional attire and never will be
b) they should either recognize somali clothing or not wear it at all, the latter being the best option.
c) I don't like seeing other girls from other countries be the main characters lol

Yes, I understand all of that, but Oromos are not exactly in a position to convince third parties to this hilarious little tiff that Somali clothing is in actuality a product of their culture.

Just see it as a compliment; imitation is the highest form of flattery after all.

Horta why did reer American choose bloody Minnesota as their home 🤣🤣🤣. I been their before and it felt tuulo barely nothing happens, a very boring place.

Horta why did reer American choose bloody Minnesota as their home 🤣🤣🤣. I been their before and it felt tuulo barely nothing happens, a very boring place.
Exactly just full of red necks. But I guess they're their because of welfare handout most somalis can't afford to live in major cities since they entered America as refugees. I wish in America we were more in Texas, DC, NYC, etc

Last edited:
America lol
I'm assuming Minnesota, horta why are somalis even there? it doesn't make sense we should be in major cities in America but apparently there's no somalis in big cities like la, Miami, nyc whereas you will find Somalis in other countries in the capital e.g toronto, london I always found it weird why in america we in cold states smh

I'm assuming Minnesota, horta why are somalis even there? it doesn't make sense we should be in major cities in America but apparently there's no somalis in big cities like la, Miami, nyc whereas you will find Somalis in other countries in the capital e.g toronto, london I always found it weird why in america we in cold states smh
I like Minnesota. I’m from Virginia originally.

Trending

Latest posts