Oromos marching towards Addis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
source: UN
Theoretically, they could come away with a better deal if they get a corrupt person within the SFG to sign the document but why go through that route when they already have their concessions made legitimate by the oppressors in Addis Ababa. Just from their perspective all they care about is safeguarding their interests and the only way they can do that is to approach the winner of K5 instead of bogging themselves down in a protracted Ethiopian civil war
interesting. how do u think the embargo being lifted will change things?

and I agree. dealing with the k5 rulers will be a lot better for the chinese. I don't see them intervening using military tho.
this is all far fetched.

@Lilafrombole @Menelik III :wowsweat: Mr. Tigray refuses to free u:siilaanyolaugh:

upload_2017-11-12_19-48-1.gif
I swear you're the devil.

Anyways i don't know what you all are excited about. Oromos are not happy about the little tiff they had with the Somali's so any move bring them closer to power does not bode well for y'all.:siilaanyolaugh:. I know this place is an echo chamber and so all of you think you have it figured out but more then disintegration of the country, Oromos want proportional representation in government, but don't let me stop you from your thousands thread where you fantasize about the end of Ethiopia. :noneck:

upload_2017-11-12_19-35-23.gif

Do you guys know why the world turned a blind eye for the obole raid?
US is very angry with the Chinese influence in the region especially the resources in the ogaden region.

View attachment 34016 I swear you're the devil.

Anyways i don't know what you all are excited about. Oromos are not happy about the little tiff they had with the Somali's so any move bring them closer to power does not bode well for y'all.:siilaanyolaugh:. I know this place is an echo chamber and so all of you think you have it figured out but more then disintegration of the country, Oromos want proportional representation in government, but don't let me stop you from your thousands thread where you fantasize about the end of Ethiopia. :noneck:

View attachment 34014
proportional representation in the government and still being ruled by habesha , you make sense sir :farmajoyaab:

@Lilafrombole, Oromos hate the TPLF regime more than they hate the somalis. Besides there won't be a consensus I highly doubt the other ethnic groups will accept to be led by the Oromos.

Xaagi-Cagmadigtee

Guul ama Dhimasho
Do you remember the fights between issas and oromos in dire dawa before the city was made a chartered city? :dabcasar:
Personally don’t recall anything since I was too far away and too young to remember 90’s and beyond wars. But I have heard it was over who owns D. Oromos are masters of encroachment tho.

@Lilafrombole, Oromos hate the TPLF regime more than they hate the somalis. Besides there won't be a consensus I highly doubt the other ethnic groups will accept to be led by the Oromos.
Exactly , the amharas wouldn't want to be ruled by oromos and the tigrays don't want another "we are the world " sang to them :kodaksmiley:

interesting. how do u think the embargo being lifted will change things?

and I agree. dealing with the k5 rulers will be a lot better for the chinese. I don't see them intervening using military tho.
this is all far fetched.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It doesn't have to be necessarily military. They can offer financial support to keep the K5 rulers afloat while they do their business.

No one will have a problem with them leading as long as they are not Ethnocentric. No one want to replace one ethnocentric party by another. The Oromos cannot be effective ethnocentric party like the TPLF because they are not united in their cause. There is Christian/Muslim dived, geography divide and most importantly, there is a huge chunk of the population with mixed ethnicity who is never brought up when discussing politics.

Right now language unites them but there are fundamental differences they need to address. Under the guise of mulit-ethincity this divide seems small but when trying to isolate themselves they won't be able to hide this. which why more and more looking for better representation in the existing system that will faze out the hegemony of the TPLF.

No one will have a problem with them leading as long as they are not Ethnocentric. No one want to replace one ethnocentric party by another. The Oromos cannot be effective ethnocentric party like the TPLF because they are not united in their cause. There is Christian/Muslim dived, geography divide and most importantly, there is a huge chunk of the population with mixed ethnicity who is never brought up when discussing politics.

Right now language unites them but there are fundamental differences they need to address. Under the guise of mulit-ethincity this divide seems small but when trying to isolate themselves they won't be able to hide this. which why more and more looking for better representation in the existing system that will faze out the hegemony of the TPLF.

Is the opposition united in calling for more representation in the current system? That's the only criteria that need to be met if you want to see a peaceful transition once TPLF gets evicted. They already did their job poisoning the well across the country with the vast network of spies in each community so good luck trying to rebuild trust with each other

Is the opposition united in calling for more representation in the current system? That's the only criteria that need to be met if you want to see a peaceful transition once TPLF gets evicted. They already did their job poisoning the well across the country with the vast network of spies in each community so good luck trying to rebuild trust with each other

Nope. Which is why TPLF will be here for a while. Like I said there isn't even consensus within the Oromo Opposition. They did there number on everyone with their ethnic federalism and now people can't even unite for their own good. The government is trying to make changes but only superficially. Unless some charismatic leader like Meles comes along and unites the opposition, i am afraid we are stuck with what we got.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It doesn't have to be necessarily military. They can offer financial support to keep the K5 rulers afloat while they do their business.
3k would be a small number. we need at least 10-15k.

The chinese have been wanting to explore the place for more than a decade now. knowing somalis, if cash was offered to the top, they'd sell the whole place.

what are the odds that the oromo will succeed with this war they have waged?

Nope. Which is why TPLF will be here for a while. Like I said there isn't even consensus within the Oromo Opposition. They did there number on everyone with their ethnic federalism and now people can't even unite for their own good. The government is trying to make changes but only superficially. Unless some charismatic leader like Meles comes along and unites the opposition, i am afraid we are stuck with what we got.

goodness gracious :williamswtf: if you're hoping for the statud quo the internal politics must be fucked beyond repair

goodness gracious :williamswtf: if you're hoping for the statud quo the internal politics must be fucked beyond repair

That is what F***ed about this. The oppositions are such a disorganized mess you wouldn't even want them to lead a marching band let a lone a country.

3k would be a small number. we need at least 10-15k.

The chinese have been wanting to explore the place for more than a decade now. knowing somalis, if cash was offered to the top, they'd sell the whole place.

what are the odds that the oromo will succeed with this war they have waged?

Somalia is capped to 22k soldiers. The powers that be remembered what we did during 67-77 when we underwent that military buildup thus placing that handicap on us during the london conference. It's a different ball game if you say "volunteers" :pachah1:

tbh you and @Marsin know more than me about fault lines in the K5/Oromia region. The only obvious tell is that there won't be a clear winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending