Oromo self hater claims to be habesha

There are many Oromos who identify themselves as Habeshas, especially who grew up speaking Amharic as their first language in urban centers like Addis Ababa etc. For me they are habeshas through and through in all aspects of life like culture, language, religion etc.

This is the sad fact about the Tulama clan especially those from Finfinne. They’ve lost their language and culture and accepted the Amhara way of life.

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
Not at all, unless we speak of the Muslims there. The Muslim Oromos from the west are closer as we share religion. When it come to life and cultural aspects, we are closer to our neighbors(Somalis and Hararis). Many Oromos from my clan claim to be Harari but also claim our clan etc. a lot of people amongst my clan are of Somali origin and we all mix and share more in common.

This is the sad fact about the Tulama clan especially those from Finfinne. They’ve lost their language and culture and accepted the Amhara way of life.

Thank you, I thought as much. The other Oromo on here was making it seem like there exists a Oromo nationalism that transcends culture and religion.

Do you think DD and Harar belong to Oromos:cosbyhmm:

I'd prefer to share the disputed lands. I care more for the blood of the Muslim Somali and the innocent oromo, the majority of which are Muslim's.
Land isn't worth more than a believer regardless of that believers ethnicity. It definitely is apparent that Somalis are emotional and easily triggered and angered, as opposed to the average oromo, who's calmer and more deliberate. That's why they felt for the propaganda, but some did not. Those individuals who killed innocent somalis were arrested in oromia, and keep in mind they were seeking revenge for losing brothers, sisters, parents, to Somali militiamen. Not justifying it, but explaining it.
They were even more emotional than all of you here. So in the heat of the moment, weapons and people were mobilized. No-one would arrest the liyyu walking free, the same ones who massacred and displaced entire oromo households.

Thank you, I thought as much. The other Oromo on here was making it seem like there exists a Oromo nationalism that transcends culture and religion.

There is an oromo nationalism, it's what led to the protests and economic boycotts that paralysed the Ethiopian state. It gave birth to Qeerroo. It produced opdo members who for the first time stood up to the tplf, finally, and asserted the rights of the oromo. Us being mixed and assimilated by others doesn't change that. An eastern oromo shares more with Somali when it comes to certain things, but at the end of the day, they're oromo and identify as such.
Yes many oromo were assimilated, and lost their language, but there are many more oromo who are in touch with their language, culture, and overall feeling of being oromo.
There's still people who speak afaan oromo even in the heart of abyssinia, sub as wollo, shawa (oromo are majority there except In the north), the land of raya in southern tigray and elsewhere.
Tigrayans even traditionally call Amharas "half galla".

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
There are many Oromos who identify themselves as Habeshas, especially who grew up speaking Amharic as their first language in urban centers like Addis Ababa etc. For me they are habeshas through and through in all aspects of life like culture, language, religion etc.

Lol please, you guys hate them and call them "Gallas". They are not Habesha at all. They don't speak Ethio-Semitic, they don't have South Arabian DNA in them nor were they ever part of Abyssinia, historically speaking. Oromos were colonized by Amhara who were armed by the British. You know Ethiopia was made up based on imperialism. The only Horners who resisted it were the Somalis and they defeated Menelik forces in the Battle of Luuq, Battle of Ferfer not to mention Dervish State repelled Ethiopian forces multiple times even with the European support. The only reason why you control the Somali region is because the British gave it to you but one day Somalia will take it back even if it means by war or referendum. The fact is the Somali region is occupied and it will soon be free.

Somalis will always despise Ethiopia and peace will never exist until the Somali territory Ethiopia is occupying becomes free. Oromos have been brainwashed into Ethiopianism even though their ancestors were brutally conquered by the Abyssinians but we Somalis don't fall for your tricks and you will see our wrath when our country comes back.

Lol please, you guys hate them and call them "Gallas". They are not Habesha at all. They don't speak Ethio-Semitic, they don't have South Arabian DNA in them nor were they ever part of Abyssinia, historically speaking. Oromos were colonized by Amhara who were armed by the British. You know Ethiopia was made up based on imperialism. The only Horners who resisted it were the Somalis and they defeated Menelik forces in the Battle of Luuq, Battle of Ferfer not to mention Dervish State repelled Ethiopian forces multiple times even with the European support. The only reason why you control the Somali region is because the British gave it to you but one day Somalia will take it back even if it means by war or referendum. The fact is the Somali region is occupied and it will soon be free.

Somalis will always despise Ethiopia and peace will never exist until the Somali territory Ethiopia is occupying becomes free. Oromos have been brainwashed into Ethiopianism even though their ancestors were brutally conquered by the Abyssinians but we Somalis don't fall for your tricks and you will see our wrath when our country comes back.

You're a bit off there, buddy.
It was not as simple as amhara Vs oromo, it was shoa(which is mixed with oromo amhara and gurage) and wollo against the rest of Ethiopia pretty much with some regions submitting peacefully, in exchange for paying a tribute yearly.
Ethiopian politics were more province based than ethnic based.
Shoan amhara and shoan oromo fought both other amhara and other oromo groups, such as the gojjame amhara and arsi oromo.
Gojjam despite being Amharic speaking too, didn't wanna be ruled by shoan Amharic speakers, because they were two different provinces. Amhara nationalism is very much new and still in its infancy today.
Certain oromo groups were settling in Abyssinia before it expanded and became Ethiopia.
They're not habesha in origin, you're right, but have been living with them so long, they can be considered as habesha or Abyssinian.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
You're a bit off there, buddy.
It was not as simple as amhara Vs oromo, it was shoa(which is mixed with oromo amhara and gurage) and wollo against the rest of Ethiopia pretty much with some regions submitting peacefully, in exchange for paying a tribute yearly.
Ethiopian politics were more province based than ethnic based.
Shoan amhara and shoan oromo fought both other amhara and other oromo groups, such as the gojjame amhara and arsi oromo.
Gojjam despite being Amharic speaking too, didn't wanna be ruled by shoan Amharic speakers, because they were two different provinces. Amhara nationalism is very much new and still in its infancy today.
Certain oromo groups were settling in Abyssinia before it expanded and became Ethiopia.
They're not habesha in origin, you're right, but have been living with them so long, they can be considered as habesha or Abyssinian.

I don't disagree with you but Oromos and Amharas have always had bad blood back then. This Ethiopian concept was made by up by an Amhara emperor.

For example, Negus Sahle Maryam of Shewa (the future Menelik II) declared war on Harar and on January 6th 1887 he met the army of Harar at the Battle of Chelenqo and destroyed the Harari army and annexed Harar. The next year there was a terrible famine triggered by rinderpest that wiped out livestock populations all throughout Ethiopia which hit Oromo the hardest. This allowed Sahle Maryam to easily expand southwards and annexed all the Oromo lands. He consolidated all of famine-wracked Ethiopia in 1889 with ease and was crowned Emperor of Ethiopia and continued to expand south and east with modern weapons, which the local tribes could not meaningfully oppose. However, the Somali Sultanates who also had access to the Indian Ocean trade were able to recieve enough advanced weapons and with their large cavalry is the reason why they successfully repelled the Ethiopian expansion.

Last edited:
My prediction is that there will be hundreds of thousands if not millions of somalized oromo in Somalia in the decades to come. Some federal states may even use them just to boost their numbers for the Somali national census.

I've met oromos who speak Somali, you wouldn't know they're oromo unless they told you. The oromo identity is getting stronger politically though under Abiye, not sure about their social identity.

somali view of oromo.PNG

Me personally i believe what was taken back by force must be brought back by force or the other side must agree to some form of compensation as they agree to never lay claim to that land.

Apollo

VIP
These people are such begs another reason why we shouldn't claim them to be our brothers and sisters because many think they are habesha. They was even anther one a girl who thought the same LOOOOL:ftw9nwa::yloezpe:

Northwest / West-Central Highlander Oromos are very close to Amharas...

Both Northwest Oromos and Amharas used to belong to the same ethnic group called Agaw before they were conquered by linguistic outsiders.

Ethiopian History 101.

@Factz i dont think Ethiopia could defeat somalia one on one. They always had to use foreign muscle. These people fear us but we havent had the chance to go toe to toe with them yet. But that will come.

Apollo

VIP
My prediction is that there will be hundreds of thousands if not millions of somalized oromo in Somalia in the decades to come. Some federal states may even use them just to boost their numbers for the Somali national census.

I've met oromos who speak Somali, you wouldn't know they're oromo unless they told you. The oromo identity is getting stronger politically though under Abiye, not sure about their social identity.

View attachment 51127

Genetically it is extremely easy to distinguish an Oromo from a Somali... Even Oromo-mixed Somalis are genetically detectably different from pure ethnic Somalis.

Northwest / West-Central Highlander Oromos are very close to Amharas...

Both Northwest Oromos and Amharas used to belong to the same ethnic group called Agaw before they were conquered by linguistic outsiders.

Ethiopian History 101.
Interesting I'm glad somalis don't mix with other ethnic groups

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP

View attachment 51127

There's millions of Oromos who have Somali clans and origins. If we get back in a good shape and become strong as a nation, I believe they will come back to us. Especially since some of them are only partially assimilated and will want to reunite with their clan members on the Somali side. No point in assimilating Oromos that have no connection to us.

View attachment 51127

Problem is nothing is beyond the spineless dogs that are controlled from addis adaba. This could happen.

There's millions of Oromos who have Somali clans and origins. If we get back in a good shape and become strong as a nation, I believe they will come back to us. Especially since some of them are only partially assimilated and will want to reunite with their clan members on the Somali side. No point in assimilating Oromos that have no connection to us.

Its a slippery slope. How do we know if they not some gaalo oromo just claiming somali. I think this would encourage munaafiqins as in gaalo oromo living in somalia speaking somali as second language claiming somali but gaalo at home and when they are amongts themselves. I would say unless we and they can definitely prove they somali this shouldnt be allowed.

Genetically it is extremely easy to distinguish an Oromo from a Somali... Even Oromo-mixed Somalis can be genetically detectably different from pure ethnic Somalis.
Lool maybe genetically, but phenotypically it's hard to differentiate especially the eastern oromos.

Apollo

VIP
Lool maybe genetically, but phenotypically it's hard to differentiate especially the eastern oromos.

Eastern Oromos carry Omotic Southwest Ethiopian genes and even minor South Semitic via Amharas.

They are genetically different from Somalis.

Oromos are not at all genetically close to Somalis.

Eastern Oromos carry Omotic Southwest Ethiopian genes and even minor South Semitic via Amharas.

They are genetically different from Somalis.

Oromos are not at all genetically close to Somalis.
Waar adiga are u fucking blind or something? Nobody is talking about genetics here. What @GeKo is trying to say is they look similar to us in terms of phenotype