OFFICIAL: KENYA withdraws from maritime dispute case with SOMALIA.

No, not even close to the border. Just kenyans on socials stirring up emotions. Click on any news link they mention Lamu (the county not the island/city) fishers will lose good fishing spots in Somali waters. Which the FGS has already allowed them to fish to stop it having any effect on the ruling.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
No, not even close to the border. Just kenyans on socials stirring up emotions. Click on any news link they mention Lamu (the county not the island/city) fishers will lose good fishing spots in Somali waters. Which the FGS has already allowed them to fish to stop it having any effect on the ruling.

So they been fishing from that area for the past 30 years?

Lamu county is split from Ras kambooni by a small part of Garrisa county. So it basically almost borders Somaila. And good fish isn't near the coast but a little out I think.

They have always been fishing which is why the Gov probably has no issues. Its just local fishermen, not huge international trawlers like the theives that come into Somali waters. Swahili muslims in Lamu are just day to day people living lives. I think the FGS allowing it is the smart move. They can change later on.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Lamu county is split from Ras kambooni by a small part of Garrisa county. So it basically almost borders Somaila. And good fish isn't near the coast but a little out I think.

They have always been fishing which is why the Gov probably has no issues. Its just local fishermen, not huge international trawlers like the theives that come into Somali waters. Swahili muslims in Lamu are just day to day people living lives. I think the FGS allowing it is the smart move. They can change later on.

In principle, we must get good naval training from the Turks. Our waters must be protected.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
More abysmal cries from guerilla looking Bantus of Kenya :ftw9nwa: :ftw9nwa: :ftw9nwa: :ftw9nwa: :ftw9nwa:
IMG_20210318_003845.jpg
IMG_20210318_003906.jpg

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
This is the original NYT story about the incident... guerilla looking Bantus of Kenya and cowardice are synonymous with eachother.

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
It is a perpendicular line from the land border to the sea, it is not A. a parallel line B. continuous line.

So no Lamu islands do not belong to us. I think you might confuse it with the Bajuni islands in Somalia.

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
A Kenyan defending his country comments this :what:
20210317_170539.jpg

A Kikuyu Dhabodhilif responds to him
20210317_170603.jpg

Alhamdulilah we have real Somalis commenting too :salute:
20210317_170801.jpg

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP

I like this, the coastal people of Lamu are our muslim brothers and sisters, they should be allowed to fish freely in the 'disputed' area to preserve their way of life. :)

Trending